Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > DWC BUDS BEHIND SOIL BUDS?????

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
DWC BUDS BEHIND SOIL BUDS????? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2017, 02:23 AM #21
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
You'll find the difference in nutrients being used is responsible for the difference in bloom rates. I'd say the dwc probably has at least more nitrogen than the soil plants, for one.

I use DWC almost exclusively, because using R/O water, Lucas Formula, Epsom Salt AND Lucas Res Management methods is rock solid predictable. Even newbies can produce very decent cannabis with it. You want primo DWC? You'll want to know the Lucas Res Management methods, when you get experienced it really makes it easy to produce super clean cannabis.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2017, 02:25 AM #22
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroombrew View Post
I am working on investment for a 10,000 sqft indoor canopy. We will have a Lab in house. One of our plans is to dehydrate a sample of the nutrient solution weekly. Then use gas chromatography to see exactly what nutrients are used.
Then we will have a strain by strain week by week feeding program that is precise. My current grow is the R&D for the big show.
Always learning everyday striving to improve. And I really enjoy it!
I'd like to see the results of this from one of my own flowering runs. I don't dump the res throughout flower, only a few days before harvest. The res management creates a natural pH cycle, where available elements get stored up and then used up, as the pH rises and then drops.

Makes super clean cannabis and sure saves a lot on water/nutes/time.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:48 AM #23
jedi5891

jedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I am working on investment for a 10,000 sqft indoor canopy. We will have a Lab in house. One of our plans is to dehydrate a sample of the nutrient solution weekly. Then use gas chromatography to see exactly what nutrients are used.
Then we will have a strain by strain week by week feeding program that is precise. My current grow is the R&D for the big show.
Always learning everyday striving to improve. And I really enjoy it!
Wow gas chromatography, thats some advance shit. I take it your growing legally commercially. When you say we do you have a team that you work with.
Its all about learning and striving to get better results. You can never stop learning in this game and all knowledge is valuable. We should really as hydro gardeners be looking at the dutch commercial crop farmers as there 10 years ahead and getting the best results for yield per square meter and brix levels. Having the sweetest tastiest fruits and crops without pesitsides too.

A big part that many people over look is what the garderner is like as a person. Weather they're not just a decent person, but weather they're tuned in with humble ego's and deep insight. If you think there's not a higher force making the plants grow then in IMO your in the dark ages. Call it nature, Aum, God, higher being etc but its been proven plants respond to stimulus. There's a binding force of energy and vibration in us all, connecting everyone and everything, nothing is separate.
Having that knowing connection to nature ie your plants, Then they'll love you back an reward you better as they respond to your vibration of love and understanding. Everything resonates and its being in harmony and sync that makes the plants thrive. I used to play classical music to the plants and they always seemed happy.
If you grow a plant correctly, then you can build the plants natural defenses and immune system up to be able to cope and deal with stress, pests and bugs etc.

Id love to be able to grow outdoors, not so simple where I live. One not legal and the climate is not great for growing pot. It can be done but doesn't grow the strongest.
Hopefully one day I'll move to Spain or Portugal as its decriminalized over there and has nice warm summers and dry autumns.
Peace
Namaste
jedi5891 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:56 AM #24
jedi5891

jedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
I'd like to see the results of this from one of my own flowering runs. I don't dump the res throughout flower, only a few days before harvest. The res management creates a natural pH cycle, where available elements get stored up and then used up, as the pH rises and then drops.

Makes super clean cannabis and sure saves a lot on water/nutes/time.
Nice one for dropping in. Ive looked at the Lucas formula and wanted to one day try it.
Im also gonna be experimenting with tailing and spoon feeding the plants more what they need as and when and using bio stimulants to
Make nutes more available an soluble.

Swinging the PH is a good idea as different elements become more readily available at different PH levels. I also like to keep closer to 6.2 in veg an 5.8 in bloom.
Peace
Namaste
jedi5891 is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2017, 03:45 AM #25
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi5891 View Post
Wow gas chromatography, thats some advance shit. I take it your growing legally commercially. When you say we do you have a team that you work with.
Its all about learning and striving to get better results. You can never stop learning in this game and all knowledge is valuable. We should really as hydro gardeners be looking at the dutch commercial crop farmers as there 10 years ahead and getting the best results for yield per square meter and brix levels. Having the sweetest tastiest fruits and crops without pesitsides too.

A big part that many people over look is what the garderner is like as a person. Weather they're not just a decent person, but weather they're tuned in with humble ego's and deep insight. If you think there's not a higher force making the plants grow then in IMO your in the dark ages. Call it nature, Aum, God, higher being etc but its been proven plants respond to stimulus. There's a binding force of energy and vibration in us all, connecting everyone and everything, nothing is separate.
Having that knowing connection to nature ie your plants, Then they'll love you back an reward you better as they respond to your vibration of love and understanding. Everything resonates and its being in harmony and sync that makes the plants thrive. I used to play classical music to the plants and they always seemed happy.
If you grow a plant correctly, then you can build the plants natural defenses and immune system up to be able to cope and deal with stress, pests and bugs etc.

Id love to be able to grow outdoors, not so simple where I live. One not legal and the climate is not great for growing pot. It can be done but doesn't grow the strongest.
Hopefully one day I'll move to Spain or Portugal as its decriminalized over there and has nice warm summers and dry autumns.
Peace
Namaste
Well R&D right now. In the process of a legal commercial CBD grow.
Yes it is a we. Small dedicated team. Gas chromatography is easier than you think. Will also be doing genetic extractions. Have a connect in Israel who helped develop "Midnight" its a Tikun Olam strain.

strain.https://www.tikun-olam.info/Tikun-Olam-Strain-Midnight

Anyways he has genetic markers for cannabinoids, terpenes etc. So we can use a leaf sample from a week old seedling to choose males/females way way before flowering. Speed up the selection process.
We want a Zero THC high CDB strain. That's 5 years away i think. Good things take time!
I guess I am truly blessed...my mum lives in Portugal! Decriminalizing drugs really worked there. And yes although I use lots of science I have a real connection to my plants. Got my green thumb from mum!
mushroombrew is offline Quote

Old 07-11-2017, 03:55 AM #26
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi5891 View Post
Nice one for dropping in. Ive looked at the Lucas formula and wanted to one day try it.
Im also gonna be experimenting with tailing and spoon feeding the plants more what they need as and when and using bio stimulants to
Make nutes more available an soluble.

Swinging the PH is a good idea as different elements become more readily available at different PH levels. I also like to keep closer to 6.2 in veg an 5.8 in bloom.
Peace
Namaste
I like those pH values. And you got the pH for veg and flower in a good spot. There is a Cal/Mag dip at 5.6. Funny a lot of people a run 5.5-5.6. But I get better growth at 5.4 or 5.8 on either side of the dip.
In DWC some of my strains prefer 5.2-5.6
Guys trip when they see my rex at 5.2!! But give the plants what they like.
Running Cutting edge as a base. Clean and cheap.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:44 AM #27
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
I like those pH values. And you got the pH for veg and flower in a good spot. There is a Cal/Mag dip at 5.6. Funny a lot of people a run 5.5-5.6. But I get better growth at 5.4 or 5.8 on either side of the dip.
In DWC some of my strains prefer 5.2-5.6
Guys trip when they see my rex at 5.2!! But give the plants what they like.
Running Cutting edge as a base. Clean and cheap.
This is why Lucas res mangement includes a full cycle from 5.4 up through 5.8 and back to 5.4. This is what the plants like. Of course, media based, non-24/7 feed systems must account for the pH drop between feedings

Old 07-13-2017, 04:50 PM #28
mushroombrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
This is why Lucas res mangement includes a full cycle from 5.4 up through 5.8 and back to 5.4. This is what the plants like. Of course, media based, non-24/7 feed systems must account for the pH drop between feedings
I ran 5.2-5.8 in DWC. It totally works. Once a week I'd let it go to 6 for they can grab Molybdenum.

Where can I find info about the Lucas res management? Always trying to learn more. Thanks.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:53 PM #29
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
I ran 5.2-5.8 in DWC. It totally works. Once a week I'd let it go to 6 for they can grab Molybdenum.

Where can I find info about the Lucas res management? Always trying to learn more. Thanks.
Yw. The most helpful thread is on the net and can be found with a search for "Ask Lucas." I recommend reading the whole thing a few dozen times. (at least)

Old 07-13-2017, 05:55 PM #30
mushroombrew

Oh good only a few dozen times!! Haha! Thank you!