Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > DWC BUDS BEHIND SOIL BUDS?????

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Discreet Seeds
DWC BUDS BEHIND SOIL BUDS????? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-05-2017, 01:28 AM #1
jedi5891

jedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of light
DWC BUDS BEHIND SOIL BUDS?????

Hey folks, ive got some GSC in DWC and some in soil all flipped at the same time, but the GSC in the DWC haven't started blooming as much as the soil plants. I would've thought it been the other way with the hydro plants more advanced. Can anyone shed any light on this.
Peace
Namate
jedi5891 is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2017, 04:43 AM #2
paradoxlost

paradoxlost is on a distinguished road
Soil is superior always
paradoxlost is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:16 AM #3
jedi5891

jedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of lightjedi5891 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxlost View Post
Soil is superior always
Thats helpful.
Soil isn't superior in speed of growth and yield, so your talking rubbish and very niave. Ive heard experts say that if you give plants exactly what they need when they need in hydro you can have a better quality product than soil. If you think about this logically with an open mind it makes sense. Hydro is putting plants into over drive therefore increased resin and terp production. I agree most soil grown is better quality as alot of hydro growers are not giving correct ratios of macro, micro, trace and amendments properly.
Commercially hydroponic grown crops are testing with higher brix contents meaning more sugars and aromas. We are still a bit behind them and still have some catching up as do you lol
Peace
Namaste

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2017, 05:36 AM #4
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi5891 View Post
Hey folks, ive got some GSC in DWC and some in soil all flipped at the same time, but the GSC in the DWC haven't started blooming as much as the soil plants. I would've thought it been the other way with the hydro plants more advanced. Can anyone shed any light on this.
Peace
Namate
Im guessing you have a bit more time in soil than in hydro. With a bit of practice your hydro plants will be laughing at the dirt plants in the room. Even a late start they will probably outdo the dirt

Check your PH first thing.

DWC is tricky hydro. I still prefer my hand watered hydro mix. I have to go to bed but I'll post a bit more about it tomorrow
YetiOG is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:38 PM #5
jedi5891

Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiOG View Post
Im guessing you have a bit more time in soil than in hydro. With a bit of practice your hydro plants will be laughing at the dirt plants in the room. Even a late start they will probably outdo the dirt

Check your PH first thing.

DWC is tricky hydro. I still prefer my hand watered hydro mix. I have to go to bed but I'll post a bit more about it tomorrow
Nice one YetiOG, at least your input added value to the thread unlike the first petulant comment.
Im not devoting more time to my soil I just never went full hydro as its my first run an never wanted to put eggs in one basket, so to speak.
Ive 12 plants in DWC buckets and all the plants except a couple are growing more vigourous then the soil plants. The GSC in the buckets were cuttings taken from the plants in soil and they've surpassed them. The leaves are bigger, stem thicker with a nicer colour too. Ive been doing alot of horticultra learning, especially about nutrients and there roles and the plants need them at the correct times and ratios etc.
Im using Vita link max 2 part bloom and I think the nitrogen levels are a bit high for a bloom feed. Ive found out that too high levels of nitrates can cause the plants to delay flowering and even stop it. So im pretty sure I need to go easier on the EC levels. I take alot of time to look at the plant to decide their needs etc and theyre looking really healthy and vibrate that a nutrient toxicity wasn't easily recognized, as there was no tip burn or other signs of lock out.
I've found DWC pretty easy and im amazed at the speed and vigour of the growth. The best out the bunch in my DWC are my ( was told G13 labs bubble gum, but they only do Blueberry gum. So thinking that) 3 blueberry gum plants. These have more or less filled the 20 liter bucket with their enormous root mass. Some of the roots are like rope and have smashed through the net pots lol. They're drinking around 10 litres in 2 or 3 days and are the size of beach balls. They've grown really really wide an take up the same space as 10 soil grown plants.
Ive become a fairly decent gardener over the years but now im looking to really step up my game, I already piss over whats going about.
I think after providing the best environment, genetics and lighting possible, their nutrients requirements are the next most important factor. My recent studying made me realize that the plants have more feeding schedules than rooting, vegging, bloom and flush etc and 90% of the companies don't provide the nutrients in the correct ratios for the specific needs at certain key times. What's need is for the grower to spoon feed the plants what they need as and when they need it as alot of the nutrients arent even up taken due to poor solubility. What you also need to do is add amendments to help chelate the nutrients so the plant can easily uptake them.
I'll upload some pics to my DWC album, I can't seem to put pics into my thread, only the link to the pic. Im uploading from my phone an since they changed this websites interface not so long ago ive not been able to put pics up.
Anyhow let me know what you think and I'll let you know how things move along.
Peace
Namaste

Old 07-07-2017, 07:53 AM #6
YetiOG
Banned

YetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really niceYetiOG is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi5891 View Post
Nice one YetiOG, at least your input added value to the thread unlike the first petulant comment.
Im not devoting more time to my soil I just never went full hydro as its my first run an never wanted to put eggs in one basket, so to speak.
Ive 12 plants in DWC buckets and all the plants except a couple are growing more vigourous then the soil plants. The GSC in the buckets were cuttings taken from the plants in soil and they've surpassed them. The leaves are bigger, stem thicker with a nicer colour too. Ive been doing alot of horticultra learning, especially about nutrients and there roles and the plants need them at the correct times and ratios etc.
Im using Vita link max 2 part bloom and I think the nitrogen levels are a bit high for a bloom feed. Ive found out that too high levels of nitrates can cause the plants to delay flowering and even stop it. So im pretty sure I need to go easier on the EC levels. I take alot of time to look at the plant to decide their needs etc and theyre looking really healthy and vibrate that a nutrient toxicity wasn't easily recognized, as there was no tip burn or other signs of lock out.
I've found DWC pretty easy and im amazed at the speed and vigour of the growth. The best out the bunch in my DWC are my ( was told G13 labs bubble gum, but they only do Blueberry gum. So thinking that) 3 blueberry gum plants. These have more or less filled the 20 liter bucket with their enormous root mass. Some of the roots are like rope and have smashed through the net pots lol. They're drinking around 10 litres in 2 or 3 days and are the size of beach balls. They've grown really really wide an take up the same space as 10 soil grown plants.
Ive become a fairly decent gardener over the years but now im looking to really step up my game, I already piss over whats going about.
I think after providing the best environment, genetics and lighting possible, their nutrients requirements are the next most important factor. My recent studying made me realize that the plants have more feeding schedules than rooting, vegging, bloom and flush etc and 90% of the companies don't provide the nutrients in the correct ratios for the specific needs at certain key times. What's need is for the grower to spoon feed the plants what they need as and when they need it as alot of the nutrients arent even up taken due to poor solubility. What you also need to do is add amendments to help chelate the nutrients so the plant can easily uptake them.
I'll upload some pics to my DWC album, I can't seem to put pics into my thread, only the link to the pic. Im uploading from my phone an since they changed this websites interface not so long ago ive not been able to put pics up.
Anyhow let me know what you think and I'll let you know how things move along.
Peace
Namaste
Sorry been busy lately. Anıyay ill read and post tomorrow.

Anyway though ditch dirt it sux. Hydro for the win
YetiOG is offline Quote

Old 07-07-2017, 09:11 PM #7
steasy88

steasy88 will become famous soon enoughsteasy88 will become famous soon enough
Yeah vita-link is high on nitrogen makes your buds really leafy encourages leaf growth good for tomatoes as they need that extra bit of nitrogen in bloom try house and gardens range there a bit expensive but worth it for hyrdo all the best on ur grow
steasy88 is offline Quote

Old 07-08-2017, 12:19 AM #8
Easy7

Easy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really niceEasy7 is just really nice
Hydro sucks for small grows. Blows right thru the tent.

Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 PM #9
jedi5891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy7 View Post
Hydro sucks for small grows. Blows right thru the tent.
Anything is possible, its all down to the skill set of the garderner.
Im not in a tent and neither am I doing a small grow. I just didn't go full hydro as first time doing it, I wish id gone full hydro now as they'll give alot more meds.
The GSC in the DWC are noticeably budding more now, so im not worried now. They still look a little behind the 1s in soil, but ive backed off with the nutes a bit hopefully getting them dialed in a bit better.
I'll post a couple of links to some pics of the DWC plants.
Peace
Namaste

Old 07-09-2017, 11:45 PM #10
mushroombrew

mushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to allmushroombrew is a name known to all
I'm doing a run in flood and drain with GSC.
ph 5.8
TDS <1000
Heavy on the cal mag.
When you get the hydro dialed you'll be stoked! Soil is the slowest growing thing in my garden.
3wks in flower
mushroombrew is offline Quote