Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > best way to get rid of spider mites

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
best way to get rid of spider mites Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2017, 03:27 AM #41
DJXX

DJXX has disabled reputation
ck out Dankwolf post on mites...DJXX
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.ph...2&postcount=48

SD IBL CROSSES feat. SourGlue and more!!!
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=331377

DJXX is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 03:29 AM #42
Mikell
Dipshit Know-Nothing

Mikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant futureMikell has a brilliant future
You.

Either on your self, bringing in contaminated pots/plants/soil or by the company you keep re: pets.

Nature abhores a vacuum, which many grow rooms are. As well, what is a pest to us is a factor in genetic selection in the natural order. The weak die and their genes with them.

Add to that artificial selection indoors focuses on cannabinoids, terpenes, yield, etc, and here we are today.
Mikell is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 05:54 AM #43
Kozmo

Kozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really niceKozmo is just really nice
so no one has an answer as far as the high temps? I do t have anything going in the room and just cranked it up to 90 degrees. Just wanted to clear things out before putting in my cover crop seeds(been a while/a little rusty). I'll end up doing my regular neem treatment and all but I thought I remembered doing that after my room clean so... I did maybe even 110 degrees. I could get it pretty hot just don't want to cook my worms. There watered good and temps wont be that high for to long.

Much respect
Kozmo is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 09:30 AM #44
paradoxlost

paradoxlost will become famous soon enoughparadoxlost will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
so no one has an answer as far as the high temps? I do t have anything going in the room and just cranked it up to 90 degrees. Just wanted to clear things out before putting in my cover crop seeds(been a while/a little rusty). I'll end up doing my regular neem treatment and all but I thought I remembered doing that after my room clean so... I did maybe even 110 degrees. I could get it pretty hot just don't want to cook my worms. There watered good and temps wont be that high for to long.

Much respect
Will stress mites but won't eliminate them
paradoxlost is online now Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 06:31 PM #45
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to beholdDouglas.Curtis is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozmo View Post
so no one has an answer as far as the high temps?
I've heard that above 83F, the breeding speed is so fierce it's not worth it to try controlling them. I've also heard temps high enough to interrupt the mites is damaging to the cannabis.

Drop the temps and humidity during treatment weeks. Get it done *Before* flower.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 04-24-2017, 10:29 PM #46
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Mites and temps?

SPIDER MITES LOVE HEAT! 90º F. just gets them warmed up. I have seen spider mites completely defoliate rose bushes in Sandy Eggo in 2 days in 100º F. heat. Most mites increase activity with warmer temps. For spider mites, development from egg to adult takes about 14 days at 70º F, or less than a week at 86º F.

So heat is not going to help. Neither is freezing. I had spider mites here this spring in my GHs and they survived the lows this winter of 10º F. So I sprayed the empty GHs with Talstar. A 100% contact spray for bugs and mites.
OregonBorn is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:39 PM #47
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of lightOregonBorn is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL1M1N80R View Post
Noobie question here.

How do spider mites get in contact with your indoor garden in the first place?
Your cat, your dog, your kids, your tools (pruners, loppers, gloves), the wind, your shoes, your clothes, and other bugs like flies, bees, beetles, moths, etc. Also any plants or pots or soil that you bring in there. Mainly new plants. Need to quarantine any new plants, and I spray any and all new plants and my garden tools that have been outside with Neem oil or Talstar before using inside.

If you look on YouTube at commercial rowing facilities, you will see that they tend to wear protective garments to keep any bugs from coming off your clothes and onto the plants. It also keeps internal transference down.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:19 PM #48
OregonBorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post

Your mileage may vary. Conditions can keep it around (even outside, especially with root drenches for aza products) for MUCH longer than the mfg's 'testing' will show. Ask the growers who've had their product rejected after testing...

Personally, azadirachtin products are a solid "No F'ing Way," in my garden. This includes unrefined neem oil and neem seed meal. Totally and completely ruins the cannabis for those of us who are allergic to azadirachtin.
Well, if you are allergic that is one thing. But most of us are not. If you are allergic to azadirachtin you can still use refined Neem 70% which has had the azadirachtin removed. Most sprays that are called Neem that are sold here in the US are refined and have had the azadirachtin removed in a distillation process. Only if you buy pure Neem oil will it have azadirachtin in it. However, azadirachtin is a very effective miticide on top of the effects of the neem oil. A two in one spray. Oregon has the highest testing standards of any state so far for weed, and they allow both Neem and azadirachtin in sprays on 'the allowed list'.

Also having had a pesticide application 'Shedule Q' license in California at one time in the 80s, I would say that most 3rd party testing shows that manufacturers are typically over cautious when it comes to applications and degradation of sprays, not the other way around. These miticides are not systemic sprays and if you spray the fan leaves early and trim them off they are a non-issue. Avid and Neem are both naturally derived products. They typically break down in ultraviolet light and in soil fairly fast. Like in a matter of days. Also once they are dry they are dry non-toxic and safe to touch by you, kids and pets.

Old 04-25-2017, 03:14 AM #49
Siever

Siever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really niceSiever is just really nice
I've always used neem oil with good results.

Siever
Siever is offline Quote

Old 04-25-2017, 03:21 AM #50
WilliametteWilly

WilliametteWilly will become famous soon enoughWilliametteWilly will become famous soon enough
Spidermites thrive in high heat. Our greenhouse got to hot one year and even with predatormites the spidermites really damged our crop. Web's in colas bad. The predatormites actually thrive in a less humid cooler climate. Spidermites go crazy in the heat. Turn those temps down!!!!!
WilliametteWilly is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.