Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-19-2015, 12:01 AM #41
soserthc1

soserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nicesoserthc1 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
Do you guys concern yourselves with the tracking of power consumption ?
Can't speak for more than 2 / 2.5 k but seems you just pay your bill and your fine. It's a business after all and not many business want their customers in jail. Besides the business of jail. So let's just hope a power company never buys a prison

On the useful topic this just came to me as I was cleaning the room
Don't over water it makes you plants/roots grow slow as shit. I think it's a common mistake when we're looking for something to do. Those that self water that is. That also leaves me to another useful tip sometimes it's better to do nothing

#aliencush
#caseyscush #squarehead 12/07/14
soserthc1 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2015, 12:10 AM #42
Bwanabud

Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by soserthc1 View Post
Can't speak for more than 2 / 2.5 k but seems you just pay your bill and your fine. It's a business after all and not many business want their customers in jail. Besides the business of jail. So let's just hope a power company never buys a prison
I agree, never had any problems in many years...I average $2800 US a month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:06 AM #43
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by soserthc1 View Post

On the useful topic this just came to me as I was cleaning the room
Don't over water it makes you plants/roots grow slow as shit. I think it's a common mistake when we're looking for something to do. Those that self water that is. That also leaves me to another useful tip sometimes it's better to do nothing
Yes - overwatering is a mistake I have made a few times and you learn quick that really slows things down because of the lack of oxygen, I like coco because once the roots are rocking this isn't as big of a problem

But I have defiantly sent into the room looking for something to do and should have just left this alone. Instead I think hey they could prob use a feed. Rookie mistake. But it's a good point, over watering and over feeding are so common when first starting out.
Phases is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:57 AM #44
iTarzan

iTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to alliTarzan is a name known to all
Live below your means.

Take care of your seeds.
iTarzan is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-19-2015, 08:10 AM #45
chronosync
unknown clone

chronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of lightchronosync is a glorious beacon of light
Heres a tip: dont play in traffic.

Use clear cups for cloning. Hou can cover them with another opaque cup or whatever if you think the roots dont like light . that wat hou can check out the roots without messing them up
chronosync is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2015, 12:15 AM #46
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to allPhaeton is a name known to all
Wink

I have built up quite a few habits I grow with. Most of them are more for me than the plant, if I feel I am being useful I work harder and that helps the plant.

Two items actually helped enough I took notes. First was sidelighting. I used a pair of 400 watt CMH bulbs in a 23" by 40" white enamel reflector and grew two crops averaging 260 grams per plant.

Then two crops were done with a Single 400 watt CMH in a round 23" white reflector and a pair of 216 watt T5 fixtures, one on each side. The bulbs were Zoo Med Florasun. The average was 290 grams per plant.

The science could be improved on, but the clones were from the same mother. The T5 bulbs are very rich in reds and have almost 5% UVA and a half percent of UVB as well, wavelengths completely absent from CMH bulbs.
But still, over ten percent increase, I use sidelights without fail in all budding rooms.

The other habit that actually increased harvests was the addition of Far Red light at the beginning and end of the light cycle.
The research shows two hours of darkness can be eliminated by converting the day's deep red with Far Red for 15 minutes after the lights go off.
I use two bulbs per plant (26 watts) for 1/2 hour and added only an hour and a half extra light. This allows for late watering or accidental light events.
Two harvests are done with a third on the way. I do not have firm numbers as this was a surprise happening during another project.
But I guess pretty well and it looks to be 7 to 10 percent more without the plant being dialed in yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The far red LEDs on clamps are 13 watts each and allow an extra hour and one half of light per d.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	343238 Click image for larger version

Name:	Mostly Sativa at 66 days.  T5 sidelights designed for freshwater aquarium plants.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	343239
Phaeton is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:16 PM #47
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
I have built up quite a few habits I grow with. Most of them are more for me than the plant, if I feel I am being useful I work harder and that helps the plant.

Two items actually helped enough I took notes. First was sidelighting. I used a pair of 400 watt CMH bulbs in a 23" by 40" white enamel reflector and grew two crops averaging 260 grams per plant.

Then two crops were done with a Single 400 watt CMH in a round 23" white reflector and a pair of 216 watt T5 fixtures, one on each side. The bulbs were Zoo Med Florasun. The average was 290 grams per plant.

The science could be improved on, but the clones were from the same mother. The T5 bulbs are very rich in reds and have almost 5% UVA and a half percent of UVB as well, wavelengths completely absent from CMH bulbs.
But still, over ten percent increase, I use sidelights without fail in all budding rooms.

The other habit that actually increased harvests was the addition of Far Red light at the beginning and end of the light cycle.
The research shows two hours of darkness can be eliminated by converting the day's deep red with Far Red for 15 minutes after the lights go off.
I use two bulbs per plant (26 watts) for 1/2 hour and added only an hour and a half extra light. This allows for late watering or accidental light events.
Two harvests are done with a third on the way. I do not have firm numbers as this was a surprise happening during another project.
But I guess pretty well and it looks to be 7 to 10 percent more without the plant being dialed in yet.
I've never heard about the far red lighting, that's really interesting. I need to look into that.
Thanks for the post!
Phases is offline Quote

Old 12-21-2015, 02:22 AM #48
Snook

Snook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant futureSnook has a brilliant future
the last coupla runs with DWC, I dumped the air stones/curtains/whatever and started running 2 pumps that alternately pumped the mix east to west and then west to east, each flow of water from the pumps briefly broke the surface of the water, oxygenating and supplying enough splash factor to keep hyroton wet and roots happy. I never liked those air bubbling devices.

Search: PPK - PassivePlantKiller https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=292102

WHAT IS THIS? : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread....65#post7832665
Snook is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:10 AM #49
WaxyTaxi
Galia Gardens

WaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond reputeWaxyTaxi has a reputation beyond repute
When I'm starting a new room all I think about is:

LAWNS

Lights,Air,Water,Nutrients,Sub strate.

Lights-up high and as bright as can be, hps all the way.

Air-follow the vpd chart and point your fans away from the plants. Co2 only works in elevated vpd areas IMO.

Water-keep it under 70, always check your ppms,EC, and pH in hydro and often in soil. What you feed and the runoff. Organics this is not so important as biological life is..

Nutrients- keep it simple and balanced. Start by only using a base and add boosters as you go. Less is more. Again EC,ppms,pH is super important and all solely dependent on your medium. Look into jacks hydro 5-12-26.

Substrate-pick the type of smoke you wish and the medium will give it to you. Every substrate gives a diff product and so far organic soils are the best when it comes to getting medicine. Hydro mediums are fantastic for commercial production but you really cannot unlock what a plant has to offer in this type of lifeform.
WaxyTaxi is online now Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:22 AM #50
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
go organic soil

"You want to make a living in this business you need to know your ABC's. Always Be Cool" - Boyd Crowder

My Grows:
Bodhi Super Snow Lotus -Ongoing
Karma Biker Kush 1.0 2.2k Organic Circle Jerk - Done
Official Bugman Testers & Pics Thread - Ongoing
Thinking Vertical 101: The Build and Grow - Hangout/Current
Certified Noob Recycled Organic Soil Test Grow A Rama Done
GhettoGrow - Beginners Journey to Harvest for less than $1500 Done
______________________________ _
Tests:
gravity vs ultra snow storm vs bloombastic hoedown showdown growdown - Delayed till 2018
______________________________ _
Boyd Crowder is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.