Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Cannapot for Cannabis Genetics
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-17-2015, 03:11 AM #1
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
TIPS, TRICKS, WEIRD HABITS or ANYTHING USEFUL!

So other than a thread I started in the infirmary for some stupid leaf problem, this is my first real thread.

I was going to do a journal to start but thought I would do something different.

So we all know there is a ton of knowledge on ICMAG. So many useful little tips and tricks that are super helpful. So I wanted to start a thread and try to have a place where everyone can post there little peices of advice or some sort of useful Tidbit of information. Or just something you have learned over the years that you think will be helpful.

Or that one thing you do all the time, something your OCD about. Anything like that.

Below is my way of dealing with my super long length of 1/2" tubing that I use to drain the Rez and refill it. Cause I don't have the back to be carrying buckets (esp like 15-20 a week)

So I hope this thread ends up with a bunch of useful tips and tricks for the newer grower or something new that the more experienced guys never thought about. Or maybe some crazy things growers do that ll be good for a laugh. (For example I have been timing how long my runoff takes to come out of bottom of my 2 gal pots of coco. Which doesn't matter too much cause my timer can only be set for a minute but I just wanna know damnit!!)

Take care - feel free to use my hanger idea for your tubing - I know it's pretty genius!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	343049

Last edited by Phases; 12-24-2015 at 04:24 PM..
Phases is offline Quote

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:12 AM #2
Weird
3rd eye jedi

Weird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivorWeird is a survivor
The only thing I am OCD about these days is my thoughts lol, I wish I was as useful as the information I know, ohh and the obsessive pot smoking .. and i'm weird so yeah there's that

WWDLBD

WW1.618D

Quote:
The shape it takes could be yours to choose

What you may win, what you may lose
Sativa is manna from heaven - BLueGrassToker

Ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cured - Ureapwhatusow

nobody every told me i found out for myself, you've got to believe in foolish miracles - o. osborne

Although the masters make the rules
For the wise men and the fools
I got nothing, Ma, to live up to - b. Dylan
Weird is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:18 AM #3
budsnblunts

budsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to behold
Some simple but useful tips I have picked up on are, using luke warm water to feed babies during the colder days to prevent shock to the roots (helps encourage uptake). I love to use all the room I have and think super cropping is a must for anyone limited to space, or just want to drop the heights of the plant. I start by snapping the branches before there last laterals near the base of plant. Feeding at 1/4 or even 1/2 strength of nutrients is always a safe key when trying something new. Oh and TRUST NO ONE.
budsnblunts is offline Quote

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:27 AM #4
Phases

Phases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the roughPhases is a jewel in the rough
Trust no one is probably the best advice you can give someone.

And luke warm water on the babies is probably a close second =)

I actually think I should be taking that advice, this cooler weather has cause a drop in temps and my clones have been rooting much slower. One tip I got was put some bamboo sticks under a regular heating pad (because the normal cheap heating pads are too hot, learned that the hard way) and that really helps to keep the cubes a little warmer.

What I do now is have a heating pad with a towel over top then 2 bamboo sticks going the length of the heating pad and another two the opposite way on top, so it looks like a tic-tack-toe board , this keeps the tray up off the direct heat but is keeps the cubes in the tray just warm enough, ever since I have been doing that, get huge nice thick hairy roots, a lot faster than before.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	343191

Last edited by Phases; 12-19-2015 at 01:47 AM..
Phases is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:40 AM #5
budsnblunts

budsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to beholdbudsnblunts is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Trust no one is probably the best advice you can give someone.

And luke warm water on the babies is probably a close second =)

I actually think I should be taking that advice, this cooler weather has cause a drop in temps and my clones have been rooting much slower. One tip I got was put some bamboo sticks under a regular heating pad (because the normal cheap heating pads are too hot, learned that the hard way) and that really helps to keep the cubes a little warmer.

What I do now is have a heating pad with a towel over top then 2 bamboo sticks going the length of the heating pad and another two the opposite way on top, so it looks like a tic-tack-toe board , this keeps the tray up off the direct heat but is keeps the cubes in the tray just warm enough, ever since I have been doing that, get huge nice thick hairy roots, a lot faster than before.
Good one about creating spacing between the pad and plants, I recently made a heat pad out of Christmas lights and it works like a charm, amazing really. And huge. Honey as a substitute to rooting hormone isn't too bad either.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:40 AM #6
expealadocious

expealadocious has a spectacular aura aboutexpealadocious has a spectacular aura aboutexpealadocious has a spectacular aura aboutexpealadocious has a spectacular aura aboutexpealadocious has a spectacular aura about
My advice is check your soil for bugs. Check your roots. Check your leaves. Look under your leaves.

Something to consider is going organic. (But its more involved)
With that said, if you choose to, always watch what you bring into your grow space, and assume that anything could be carrying a crop ruining critter. Inspect. Use quality.
I also advise against taking cuttings from other growers without extreme caution.
Think: Trojan Horse

Good luck

- "I love good weed and I love good music, playing raggae songs on my beat up acoustic"
expealadocious is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:41 AM #7
Baked Alaskan

Baked Alaskan has a spectacular aura aboutBaked Alaskan has a spectacular aura aboutBaked Alaskan has a spectacular aura about
"I wish I was as useful as the information I know". That was a great sentence Weird.

Best tip I every got was to try an earthbox (I know I harp on them a bunch).
Baked Alaskan is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:44 AM #8
_tessarecting

_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future_tessarecting has a brilliant future
Want nothing / have everything
_tessarecting is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:09 AM #9
Phases

Quote:
Originally Posted by expealadocious View Post
My advice is check your soil for bugs. Check your roots. Check your leaves. Look under your leaves.

Something to consider is going organic. (But its more involved)
With that said, if you choose to, always watch what you bring into your grow space, and assume that anything could be carrying a crop ruining critter. Inspect. Use quality.
I also advise against taking cuttings from other growers without extreme caution.
Think: Trojan Horse

Good luck
Bring bugs from other grows, on clones, on clothes that shit blows!
I am currently in a fungus gnat battle. FGs aren't that bad but there pissing me off and when I am pruning or Lollipopping I seem to be constantly killing the little buggers-

Who's got the ultimate fungus ghat remedy ??
Phases is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:12 AM #10
budsnblunts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phases View Post
Bring bugs from other grows, on clones, on clothes that shit blows!
I am currently in a fungus gnat battle. FGs aren't that bad but there pissing me off and when I am pruning or Lollipopping I seem to be constantly killing the little buggers-

Who's got the ultimate fungus ghat remedy ??
The nights can get really cold where I live, when ever I've had a pest problem I leave all my plants out side over night and it kills off the majority of allsorts of pest. Whilst the plants are outside I'm inside bleaching the fuck out of everything I can. To humid in your room perhaps?

I read about sand being used on the surface of the soil, something to do with the way it drains makes the adults think the soil is dry and therefore no good, 1/4 to a 1/2 inch on the surface works well. I got this info from here, https://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/...ts-organically there is lot's more tips.

Last edited by budsnblunts; 12-17-2015 at 04:23 AM.. Reason: added more info

2 members found this post helpful.