Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Cannabis Related Terms & definitions (advanced fyi)

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Alchimia Grow Shop
Cannabis Related Terms & definitions (advanced fyi) Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 PM #21
Wait...What?

Wait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura aboutWait...What? has a spectacular aura about
'Strain' is a subset of 'variety' which is a subset of 'species.'

"Sour Diesel" is not a strain but a variety. If Joe and Bill each grow out some Sour Diesel, and keep growing it out over time, due to their choosing of different plants and genetic variation, they will eventually be growing two different strains of the same variety.
Wait...What? is offline Quote

Old 03-15-2008, 09:29 PM #22
Tony Danza
No Relataion

Tony Danza has a spectacular aura aboutTony Danza has a spectacular aura aboutTony Danza has a spectacular aura about
diagrams

This is good stuff, I am intrigued by the genetic terminology, does anyone know where we can see diagrams of the family trees of things like IBL, bx2, f3, outcrosses and things like that? Definitions are nice, but I find diagrams to be easier to comprehend.

Oh yeah, what's FIM. Is it just topping, or is it more involved than that?
Tony Danza is offline Quote

Old 03-18-2008, 01:31 PM #23
cellardweller

wow I just learned so much!!Thank you babbit!!

Old 03-27-2008, 10:08 AM #24
burning_red
eyes that shine...

burning_red will become famous soon enoughburning_red will become famous soon enough
I am curious about FIM also
and IBL?
and DMC?

keep seeing them,have done a search but no clearer

Nemesis
burning_red is offline Quote

Old 04-29-2008, 05:14 PM #25
dubwise
in the thick of it

dubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to alldubwise is a name known to all
great thread! thanks....I'm learning so much here. Thanks IC!!!
dubwise is offline Quote

Old 05-14-2008, 01:58 PM #26
BudToker

BudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of light
burning_red:

-= FIM = -

Originally Posted by Unofficial Glossary for New Growers:

"FIM or fimmed - Stands for 'Fuck, I missed'. Refers to attempting to cut the growth shoot of a plant so that it grows into multiple branches instead of one. The phrase comes from how easy it is to miss the tiny growth shoot."

Pictures and Explanation:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.p...ht=fim+diagram

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 AM #27
BudToker

BudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of lightBudToker is a glorious beacon of light
-= IBL =-

From Wikipedia.

(Inbred Backcross Lines)

Inbred Backcross Lines (IBLs) in plant molecular biology are lines (i.e. populations) of plants derived from the repeated backcrossing of a recombinant line with the wild type, operating some kind of selection that can be phenotypical or through a molecular marker (for the production of introgression lines).

Old 08-19-2008, 09:47 PM #28
brendon420

brendon420 is on a distinguished road
and people say stoners are dumb...

Old 08-19-2008, 09:59 PM #29
Jack Crevalle

Quote:
Auxins- a class of plant hormone
I don't see how this is advanced in any way, these are mostly terms that apply to any plant and don't describe a thing. An auxin for example is what causes the stem to bend towards sun etc, and much more, but the definition above tells me nada..

Old 10-21-2008, 02:45 AM #30
SpacedCWBY

Location: Back to the sands of time from a short lived hiatus. Thank god...
SpacedCWBY has a spectacular aura aboutSpacedCWBY has a spectacular aura aboutSpacedCWBY has a spectacular aura aboutSpacedCWBY has a spectacular aura about
Auxins come in handy during an LST. When you bend the plant over to the point that the top is below the first set of leaves, the plant re-concentrates the auxins to the higher sitting branches allowing them to grow larger than had they not been bent. Got that quick bit from the LST walk-through someone did on here a long time ago. Sorry to see you took off JC.
SpacedCWBY is offline Quote