in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts!
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-21-2009, 01:07 AM #31
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverComes View Post
Well, having my first bit of trouble. Nothing major, but random blumat's keep overwatering and creating a little mini flood each time. Even ones that seem to have been dialed in for 4 days will randomly overflow overnight. When it happens i've been cranking em a little more closed obviously, so far i don't think any have repeated the problem after being fixed. Simple solution for now is to create a better drainage/tray system to collect more water. Or maybe now that i've tweaked most of them multiple times they will just stop.....but thats what i thought after the first time.. CMoon could it have something to do with the length of tube coming out of the cap? should i shorten them? This is becoming a problem now that they have gone to flower and I can't check them for 12 hours at a time..
I pack the soil a bit AND I SHORTEN the dripline a bit,( about 2cm) makes the cone more responsive.Use the black garden trays, I do.
If you dial them down TOO much, the soil will dry and cake,when the water flows it finds a channel to the bottom, therby bypassing the cone.
Also, try making a small collection depression under the drip hose this helps it soak in and not run off.
The other big precaution I take when first dialing in is I put just enough water in the res for , say 12hr, that helps minimise the chance for any issues.
Hope this helps.
SD

Blumats! Automatic watering!

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Leave dripper line at ~8cm. long.
Give the pot a good watering.
Insert B/M snugly into nicely compacted soil(not too loose) .
Open till water comes out, carefully close until just a drop barely forms.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows
Adjust as necessary for a few days, then leave it alone!

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~
sunnydog is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:20 AM #32
inefectualize

inefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enoughinefectualize will become famous soon enough
i have 12 hooked up and they are working very well! i am impressed! getting 6 more tomorrow!
inefectualize is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 04:40 AM #33
CMoon

top advice sunnydog........once you get to grips with the little tips and tricks there a great tool......i tend to service the cones at least once threw a grow about 25 days in bloom

Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM #34
greenisgold

greenisgold will become famous soon enoughgreenisgold will become famous soon enough
I just sent away for this system as I'm going away for a week and can't rely on the wife. I have very small containers (1 and 1.5 gal) and I'm wondering if this is going to pose a problem? I have 2 weeks to test and only 7 plants.
greenisgold is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 05:07 PM #35
Vash
Ol' Skool

Vash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud ofVash has much to be proud of
Another question...when you say "water", do you mean "feed" as well? If so, is there any chance of clogging, say using something like PBP?
Vash is offline Quote

Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM #36
WhateverComes

WhateverComes will become famous soon enough
cmoon, im at about 15 days of flower, the blumats seem to be doing fine (there are 2 plants out of 15 that are having some kind of deficiency problem, but im still troubleshooting that....). can you explain this "servicing" of the blumats?

Old 03-05-2009, 05:52 PM #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Another question...when you say "water", do you mean "feed" as well? If so, is there any chance of clogging, say using something like PBP?
yes i am interested about this too fellows, can you help ? thanks

Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM #38
sunnydog
Drip King

sunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nicesunnydog is just really nice
Exclamation

I have always run pure water thru mine, however I do believe others have run nutes with success.

Vertical Blumat grow

Blumat adjustment procedure: (for soil)In a bucket ,fill and soak units under water for at LEAST an hour. Then screw on cap( nice and tight!) under water making sure not to trap any air.
Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." ~ Unknown ~

Old 03-14-2009, 04:33 AM #39
exploziv
pure dynamite

exploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond reputeexploziv has a reputation beyond repute
I am looking for them for about one year. Does anybody knows a good europe source? Nice thread!

If the whole world smoked a joint at the same time, there would be world peace for at least two hours. Followed by a global food shortage.
exploziv is offline Quote

Old 03-14-2009, 08:14 AM #40
sunnydog
Drip King

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploziv_gbb View Post
I am looking for them for about one year. Does anybody knows a good europe source? Nice thread!
Thank you.
I know they are made in Austria, if that helps.
Try Google? I think I saw a shop in GB that had them.

I am blown away that these are not more widely known.

How are they working for the other guys who are trying them?

SD

Vertical Blumat grow

Tighten 1.75 - 2 Arrows

0 members found this post helpful.