Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > best way to get rid of spider mites

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Herbies Seeds
best way to get rid of spider mites Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-12-2017, 06:32 AM #91
Ncali

Ncali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really niceNcali is just really nice
Any good results with predatory mites? In the past neem, neem, neem. But trying the predatory route in this infestation, so far they look pretty gone. I'll be applying for the next few weeks and hope these initial results keep up.
Ncali is online now Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 03:02 PM #92
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
i used floramite
once
maybe a year ago
not a spider mite since

however
i just realized i now have russet mites

way way worse
ive ordered up azamax, avid and forbid for this endeavour
wish me luck
Boyd Crowder is online now Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 03:35 PM #93
St. Phatty

St. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud ofSt. Phatty has much to be proud of
Safer's Soap Dip Tanks - not the kind you spray on, the time you dip the entire plant into - works good.

Because of the spider mite egg cycle, you have to dip every 3 days (or 2 days).

And of course, spray down EVERYTHING (walls etc.), move misc. crap that might be stored to another room (not a grow room).

Also to make the dip tank work I make a little round cardboard circle thing to cover the top of the soil when plants are dunked (or it all falls out in the dip tank.)
St. Phatty is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 03:42 PM #94
pumpkinpie eyes

pumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura aboutpumpkinpie eyes has a spectacular aura about
habenero sauce, water and few drops dish liquid in water. spray the hell out of it 2-3x day. it rinses off.
pumpkinpie eyes is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-12-2017, 03:55 PM #95
Ribsauce

Ribsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the rough
Make a damn spray from fresh lavender flowers... it kills the eggs,larva, and adults... Jay kush has a recipe to make it on here... it's in the organics for mites thread... it's so easy and works better than anything else I've ever used other than heat treatments and I've used everything trust me... I'll post the link

She told me not to smoke it
But I did and it took me far away
And I turned out to be
The only hell mama ever raised.

Ribsauce is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2017, 04:01 PM #96
Ribsauce

Ribsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the roughRibsauce is a jewel in the rough
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=192286

There's the thread and below is the quote fron Jay kush... I know no one will use it even though it's way more effacious than shit that costs 100 a quart but I'll post it again haha... THANK YOU JAY KUSH AND CLACKAMAS COOT for helping me fiND this technique like 7 years ago haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykush View Post
not sure on the lavender oil, i have only used plant material. from memory that stuff is pretty expensive though. lavender is a good plant to have around, for growing purposes like this, and for using.

simply take some lavender sprigs( sticks with flower buds on them) and strip the flower buds off. take a 1 liter bottle, add a 1/4 cup or so of lavender flower buds. let soak for 48 hours, then strain the plant material out well. dilute 1:50 and spray your plants lightly on infected areas, make sure to get under the leaves. repeat in 5 days. so far everyone i have told it to and has tried it has had success in killing mites, coot said even the eggs die which is pretty cool.

She told me not to smoke it
But I did and it took me far away
And I turned out to be
The only hell mama ever raised.

Ribsauce is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-15-2017, 03:38 PM #97
HeriMarry

HeriMarry has a spectacular aura aboutHeriMarry has a spectacular aura aboutHeriMarry has a spectacular aura aboutHeriMarry has a spectacular aura aboutHeriMarry has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinpie eyes View Post
habenero sauce, water and few drops dish liquid in water. spray the hell out of it 2-3x day. it rinses off.
Ditto.
HeriMarry is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2017, 02:37 AM #98
Americangrower

Americangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud ofAmericangrower has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
One word...Cocaine...spider mites hate cocaine
fok yeah I'm going in my room and throwing a few handfuls into the fan. Don't know if it will kill mites but I will have fun trying it.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=341071
Americangrower is offline Quote

Old 09-22-2017, 03:03 AM #99
Boyd Crowder
Teem MiCr0B35

Boyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud ofBoyd Crowder has much to be proud of
Boyd Crowder has completed 1 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americangrower View Post
fok yeah I'm going in my room and throwing a few handfuls into the fan. Don't know if it will kill mites but I will have fun trying it.
is there anything cocaine cant make better?
lol
jk
no pest strips/dichlorvos knocked my HRM down in three days
BRUTALLY EFFECTIVE in small grows
Boyd Crowder is online now Quote

Old 09-22-2017, 11:44 PM #100
OregonBorn

OregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really niceOregonBorn is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Phoenix View Post
One word...Cocaine...spider mites hate cocaine
Not exactly cheap though.

THE cheapest spider mite spray is sugar and hydrogen peroxide. 1/4 cup of each in a quart of water and some insecticidal soap as a spreader-sticker. Kills mites dead. I am now using this rotated with 70% refined neem at a rate of 100:1 (raw neem is tough to blend and spray). They both also work on PM. You can also spray the sugary peroxide right up to harvest time.