Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > All of my grow reviews.

Thread Title Search
Click to Upgrade your account
All of my grow reviews. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2016, 10:52 PM #31
usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40AmpstoFreedom View Post
3 strikes in a row and your definitely out of my seed buying recommendation list.
Quote:
1 out of 100 is pretty standard with any line in my opinion. If you are finding it much easier your standards are much lower...

Is it safe to mix both kinds of math like that? People start to feel scammed when you reverse those type of numbers into their lives.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:54 AM #32
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by usually View Post
Is it safe to mix both kinds of math like that? People start to feel scammed when you reverse those type of numbers into their lives.
1 out of 15 (about 3 packs) females better be worth keeping around for a few months. 1 out of 100 better be worth trying to breed with. Perspective and experience. Not much of a reversal or magic tricks with numbers. Others may disagree with me but /shrug. If 3 packs deep into something and you do not have something you like it is either not of your taste or a bad line. If I try 3 different strains and they all strike out I move on too much competition out there to fuck around. If any other clarifications are needed let me know.

Click here for a link to all of my grows
40AmpstoFreedom is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2016, 09:38 PM #33
usually

Quote:
1 out of 15 (about 3 packs) females better be worth keeping around for a few months.
My issue with that is people flipping sides from packs to the number of seeds in the packs. Its like a rule you can apply to just about anything. 3 strikes is the format cia uses "Twice is coincidence 3x is an act of war" alot of people tend to avoid using that format.

Quote:
1 out of 100 better be worth trying to breed with.
If you start with 100 packs you get 30 packs of keepers by your math so its like 1 out of 30 right?

Quote:
Perspective and experience. Not much of a reversal or magic tricks with numbers.
nuh those are reversed numbers which is where magic comes from. You can run enough to hit those numbers every time for no reason, even if they are not keepers or worth using for breeding.

Quote:
Others may disagree with me but /shrug. If 3 packs deep into something and you do not have something you like it is either not of your taste or a bad line. If I try 3 different strains and they all strike out I move on too much competition out there to fuck around. If any other clarifications are needed let me know.
After you make seeds and don't put them in packs it gets harder to do that. Basically your implying its not possible to hold 4 strains at the same time. I just don't like mixed math i guess, thats way to confusing for me to think about.

Old 09-11-2016, 11:50 PM #34
40AmpstoFreedom

40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future40AmpstoFreedom has a brilliant future
Quote:
If you start with 100 packs you get 30 packs of keepers by your math so its like 1 out of 30 right?

nuh those are reversed numbers which is where magic comes from. You can run enough to hit those numbers every time for no reason, even if they are not keepers or worth using for breeding.
Huh? Maybe I was not clear in some area or something. I really don't know how more point blank I could be though. What does number of seeds in a pack have to do with anything? It's 10-12 seeds a pack for majority of companies with a few doing 15~ But what does any of this matter when I said 1 out of 15 females should be worth keeping around for awhile? You tend to get 15 females or so per 30 seeds which is generally 2 or 3 packs...If I ever run someones line and can't find a female I like out of 3 packs I move onto another line. If I grow three different lines out from someone and all of it is not worthy I typically move to a new breeder.

What is this 100 packs 30 packs? It's 1 of a 100 females better be worth taking seriously as breeding tools. This means to me unique or exceptional traits that pass on when breeding from extremely exceptional plants.

Quote:
After you make seeds and don't put them in packs it gets harder to do that. Basically your implying its not possible to hold 4 strains at the same time. I just don't like mixed math i guess, thats way to confusing for me to think about.
I have no idea what holding a strain means by you or have any idea what you are talking about here again. Where did the number 4 come from? Where exactly did I imply any of this? What does any of what I said in my post have to do with how many strains someone "holds"? What the hell is holding a strain, heh? What does not putting seeds in a pack have anything to do with the subject of how many keeper females I expect to find out of females seen or seeds grown to fruition from a line?

Nothing makes any sense. Maybe I am missing something? Like completely, lol?...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:58 AM #35
usually

Quote:
Huh? Maybe I was not clear in some area or something. I really don't know how more point blank I could be though. What does number of seeds in a pack have to do with anything? .
Yea its the point blank part thats unclear cause you have no reason to be point blank. 10 is 100% of 10, or 1% of a 1000. Number of seeds changes the % number. Trying to be point blank with it makes the odds seem impossible.

Quote:
It's 10-12 seeds a pack for majority of companies with a few doing 15~ But what does any of this matter when I said 1 out of 15 females should be worth keeping around for awhile?
It matters because you said 1 out of a 100 and 1 out of 15. It cant be both. It can change every time but the more limits you set on it the less accepted the results get.

Quote:
You tend to get 15 females or so per 30 seeds which is generally 2 or 3 packs...If I ever run someones line and can't find a female I like out of 3 packs I move onto another line.
3 just seems like a really low number to compare to 1 out of a 100. i guess we have different standards.

Quote:
If I grow three different lines out from someone and all of it is not worthy I typically move to a new breeder.
3 just seems like a really high number to have to go through to make that type of decision.

Quote:
What is this 100 packs 30 packs?
thats 1 pack out of 3 on average which is like 300 seeds which means 3 keepers by your math right?

Quote:
It's 1 of a 100 females better be worth taking seriously as breeding tools. This means to me unique or exceptional traits that pass on when breeding from extremely exceptional plants.
wouldn't 7 of 8 be a more stable line to use for breeding? if its traits that pass on why would it start from a 1 out 100 selection and not with the original 100?

Quote:
I have no idea what holding a strain means by you or have any idea what you are talking about here again. Where did the number 4 come from? Where exactly did I imply any of this? What does any of what I said in my post have to do with how many strains someone "holds"? What the hell is holding a strain, heh?
Keeping and holding are the same thing. Four is just the breaking point. If you have 4 then 3 fail for you each time you pick 1 to smoke or grow. Its a gimmick trick but its the same logic that you ran with. After you get 100+ strains of your own the #3 limits the fuck out of you selection wise. A company can have 29 strains of garbage and i will still buy the 1 strain i like from them lol.

Quote:
What does not putting seeds in a pack have anything to do with the subject of how many keeper females I expect to find out of females seen or seeds grown to fruition from a line?

Nothing makes any sense. Maybe I am missing something? Like completely, lol?...
Changes the %. You're only mostly commenting on the ratio part. Without the % part most ratio's are bullshit.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:13 AM #36
40AmpstoFreedom

Quote:
It matters because you said 1 out of a 100 and 1 out of 15. It cant be both. It can change every time but the more limits you set on it the less accepted the results get.
You don't seem to comprehend that I am judging by two completely different definitions of a keeper plant. Perhaps that is where we are lost in translation and I was not clear? 1 of the 15 females you first see in a line should be something that checks all the marks for your reason for using it for production. I don't believe 3 packs (10 seeds a pack) of a line is a lot to find a keeper for production purposes and from my experience it is the average of the vast majority of companies out there. I have grown a lot of seeds over the years from which to base my opinions off of. A plant worthy of breeding with is an entirely different animal with many more necessary qualifications that aren't needed to be judged in a plant that is planned simply for production. It also depends on what your breeding programs goals are, the method of which you wish to breed, and what you are willing to sacrifice as a result of this decision. Do you have the capacity to do large scale or are you limited? Are you trying to preserve the genetic pool within the line? Are you trying to bottle neck certain traits and not worried about vigor? Are you simply testing for heritable dominant traits? Do you want to narrow down traits while maintaining vigor? The list can be endless as the variables. You can have an incredible plant in taste, smell, and production that passes on none of the traits you would like it to. Why toss this one out if you are not planning on breeding with it though? To me the definition of a "real winner" or a "real keeper" is a breeding tool. The majority of consumers could care less of those traits. They want a production plant and any line worth it's salt should be producing a plant worth keeping around for that reason at a ratio of at least 1:15 females in my opinion. I don't bother with lines that do not produce this result UNLESS that is not an obvious or realistic expectation given the genetic make up. I.E. I don't expect land race lines to produce at this ratio.

We can disagree all day about whether or not the standard for which I judge plants on or not, being wholly subjective, is correct or not /shrug I am just stating mine. One can also disagree on the realistic nature of the numbers based on current legal environment.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:26 AM #37
usually

Quote:
A plant worthy of breeding with is an entirely different animal with many more necessary qualifications that aren't needed to be judged in a plant that is planned simply for production.
Shouldn't the list of things they have in common be longer then the list of things they don't? If you do the breeding part first then the production part should be the same with no surprises.

Old 09-12-2016, 05:30 AM #38
usually

Quote:
You don't seem to comprehend that I am judging by two completely different definitions of a keeper plant.
Those are not definitions lol you're mixing and matching the math to a point where its not really usable.

Old 09-13-2016, 06:04 AM #39
40AmpstoFreedom

Please donate everyone. It's for a good cause. https://nationalautismassociation.org.../ways-to-give/

Old 08-10-2017, 10:57 AM #40
Nico Farmer

Nico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of lightNico Farmer is a glorious beacon of light
Hi
Very consistent panel of weeds.
It a pleasure to receive all these infos, thanks for sharing.
Greetings

New BUBBLEGUM serious seeds test line grow report
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=344587

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=57773&pict  ureid=1350332
Nico Farmer is offline Quote