What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Hash- full ace run 'n fun

rlsmooth

Hi, I'm planning to do my first grow journal ever about my next run, which will be Bubba Hash feminized. I have become a fan of Ace genetics, I've previously grown Kali China and Zamal Hash( please bring it back.. :D). I chose Bubba Hash because winter is coming, and I'm a fan of narcotic indicas, that put me down late in the night, specially during dark winter times. Also there ain't a currently running journal about this strain, so people might get something out of this. I also have some Kali China fem beans , so I'm thinking of running a couple of those as well, to have some variance in smoking gear. I think they'd go well together :)

About my setup:
-Grow tent 90x90x180cm
-Lightning: 400w HPS
-Ventilation: TT-Silent 350/Mh3
- 9x 11l organic soil grow.

So right now I'm thinking about two options,first of em is letting all these 9 ladies grow free, or maybe FIM- topping all of them and tying branches down to create an even canopy, almost like a scrog without net, which I think would propably yield better, even though both strains are "main cola dominant. My previous experience of pure indicas was Pakistan Valley from World of Seeds, and it yielded very nicely because it was fimmed. I plan to flower em atleast 9 weeks, maybe even 10 from first hairs, to get that heavy indica effect. Veg period of 2-3,5 weeks most likely.

I will germinate the seeds this upcoming weekend, then I have to put em to veg in my balcony, because I might have to use my only tent to dry some outdoor products. They will most likely be put in small containers in the balcony for about 1-2 weeks, then I'll move em inside to their final 11l containers with Atami Bio-Grow soil, boosted with some bat guano. Little bit of veg to see if they recover well from fimming and then full flower power.

Feel free to stop by and throw any comments or ideas that might occur, new thoughts are always welcome. I've learned so much just reading your diaries and sticky topics. My civil life is kinda busy right now but I will try to update the progress atleast once a week with some nice pics, first pics coming when the seeds have germinated..:) Bom Shanka..

ULMW

Greetings Rismooth,
Nice to have you here and look forward to your grow joyrnal.
I just moved my first Bubbahash to flower tent having topped her twice. She is now in a 25l pot.
I found her a bit slower in veg compared to the Black Domina 98 xErd Purt which I am also testing at the same time. Nutes also seem to be something to go gently with with Bubbahash. Less is more, if you get mi meaning. Just let her do her thing and watch what she wants and all is good. Happy growing. Exciting times to grow this Bubbahash!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

I'm glad you have enjoyed with your Kali China and Zamal Hash' experience and that you want to explore more of our strains :) Much appreciated!

I also like a good and tasty hashplant smoke for those dark winter nights and i think that Bubba Hash is perfect for what you are looking for and for your growing requirements.

Indeed, as we state in Bubba Hash description, she is a perfect strain to grow many plants in SOG in small spaces like yours. These kind of hashplants react slowly to topping so i wouldn't recommend you to top them unless you plan to give them long vegetative stages, which is probably not recommended due to your space limitations, Bubba Hash has worked perfectly for us in columnar SOG grows, growing many females in small spaces.

Let me know if you have any other doubt. Kind regards!

rlsmooth

Hello ULMW and Dubi,

Thanks for your tips, they're much appreciated! This project was a little bit delayed due to very busy times in my personal life..I want to germinate and start the grow cycle when I'm stress-free and can perfectly focus on my plants, so that they'll get a nice start:) Anyway it seems that the busiest days are soon done, will probaply get the run going soonish so pics coming next week at the latest!

After this run I'm planning to run some ace sativas, never grown anything except indica hybrids so it's going to be interesting winter.. ;)

G

Hi rlsmooth!Looking forward for this one...I may have f'ed up messing with the seed though:biggrin:So I'm not sure if I'll taste it during christmas or summer vacation...Anyway,I look forward to seeing yours!
(one more vote for zam hash :huggg:)

Thanks for the info,dubi and ulmw !:)

rlsmooth

Hola Syd Barret, too bad :/ But yeah I ran into unexpected problems as well. Some air circulation maintenance guys told me their gonna come into my apartment in the beginning of October and I had just germinated my seeds, so I had to decide whether to kill em or start slowly vegging em. Problem is that I have to remove all my growing gear from my apartment when they come ( for freaking half hours work -.-), but I couldn't kill the plants so I decided that I will try to veg em slowly under 250w hps, first at small 2dl cups, and then maybe transplant to 1-2l pots to keep em as small as possible and I will try to organize a place, where I can put my plants for 1 day. Then transplant to final 11l pots after the maintenance is done.

Anyway decided to go with 7 Bubba Hash plants and 2x Kali China, 100% germination as I expected B) Here is a crappy picture of em, will aim to put better pics when there is really something to show.

xhQy9ke.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A happy start rlsmooth :) I'm glad you had perfect germination.
Best wishes for the whole cycle!

Koondense

Veteran
I think 315 CMH is better than 400W HPS.
Get the 3100K spectrum for full cycle grows, or the 4200K for mostly veg phase.

I was choosing between the CMH or leds and chose the diy led(more efficient) but I think the CMHs have best spectrums of any grow light.

Cheers

rlsmooth

Hello Koondense! Thanks for the reply, I actually ordered the 315w phillips so maybe I'll put it running next week latest when it arrives, or for the flowering atleast.

Things are going as planned, been keeping the 250w hps a little bit higher than it should be. Repotted the plants couple days ago, they seem to be catching up nicely except for the one bh at the right middle, but I'm sure she gonna be okay soonish. This is a new situation for me, I have to try and keep these plants happy in their current pots till 10th of October, then the mainentance thing should be done and I can transplant these girls to their final pots and soon after that flip to 12/12. So few weeks of veg ahead still, I'm actually thinking of really fimming these,coz of I have time to veg and I don't want unneccessary height because it makes the hiding operation more difficult.

E. Kalichinas are the ones in the back left and middle( althought they look completely different not sure if I mixed up the seeds, been vaping some solid weed alot lately..:D) One of the kc's had some weird leaf discolourment but seems to be recovering , I think there was something wrong with my seedling soil. Oh and been also thinking about changing BioBizz nutes for Guanokalong ones for this run, so lets see how it goes.

T9n9mcA.jpg

rlsmooth

Things are definetly not going too well, got a notice this morning that next week other maintenance guys are gonna start fixing our heating systems in this block of flats so, I have to remove my whole growing gear by next week..great, don't know if I can find a place for my plants for a few weeks..

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi rlsmooth,

I would not recommend you to fim them unless they have the chance to grow big and well developed.
Both Bubba Hash and Kali China are quite columnar indica plants of hashplant structure, their stretch is low/moderate in average although some Kali China like to stretch more.

Bio Bizz nutrients are a soft, but a great choice if you know how to recognize the feeding requirements of your different plants and if you can provide them the right EC levels.
Both strains can take very well high levels of nutrients, don't overwater them and respect the dry cicles of the soil as they are hashplants ;)

rlsmooth

Hi folks,

Operation is still a go, thanks to dank fairy who kept my plants alive while taking care of several others for the first time. There wasn't much development during this time, because these babes were under a half broken CFL light so very low wattage, and they were able to get a little bit of side lightning from 400w hps, but it was too far and high anyway. But they are alive, and seem to be really perking up after just 10 hours under my new phillips dpapillon 315w lightning :D So I expect huge development during next week. I will try to take better pictures when in flowering. I'll let em fill their current 3,4l root space, then repotting to final 11l pots and just a little bit veg then and I'll start flowering.

E. I actually fimmed them against dubi's advice, because I wanted to keep em small, coz there was some long distance transporting that had to be done. Anyway, I either failed totally in fimming for the first time or the plants didn't notice it, so I'll let them run free then!

p9DxMcc.jpg

ULMW

Greetings Rlsmooth,
Great to hear the BubbaHash survived. They are going to stretch nicely and fill in reallh quickly. Mine is nearly at the point of chop.
Absolutely love the plant! Amazing terpenes so delightful!!!
Looking forward to seeing your girls grow. Do not worry abput missing Fem I think you get more yield by not topping or femming. That is my only kind of regret this time that I topped her.
Peace and Happy Growing!

rlsmooth

Greetings Rlsmooth,
Great to hear the BubbaHash survived. They are going to stretch /quote]

What kind of lightning do you use in your grows? And what kind of stretch do you think can be expected from BH? 1,5x size? as I have no previous experience of this new LEC lightning, been reading on the internet that the 4200k bulb doesn't really stretch the plants. I have really limited space in terms of height so i'm wondering when to start flowering em.

ULMW

Greetings Rlsmooth,
Thanks for the info. I use 600w HPS and grow in coco 20l pots. The plant stretch 3 to four times as when I entered her to flower. However do not be alarmed she is very friendly to being tied to sticks and a little light stress training will see you safe.
You use LEC lighting 4200k. Am not familiar personally with them. It sounds like the spectrum of the CFL lamps I had a few year ago. The blue of veg and the red for flower. Those were measure in K like yours.
What is your power draw and output? Actual Watts?
I am sure you will manage if you start them now they are also going to be fast finishing at 8 to 9wks. Get ready for the terpenes!!! Absolutely amazing!!! You will love BubbaHash!
Happy growing!!!

rlsmooth

Greetings Rlsmooth,
Thanks for the info. I use 600w HPS and grow in coco 20l pots. The plant stretch 3 to four times as when I entered her to flower. However do not be alarmed she is very friendly to being tied to sticks and a little light stress training will see you safe.
You use LEC lighting 4200k. Am not familiar personally with them. It sounds like the spectrum of the CFL lamps I had a few year ago. The blue of veg and the red for flower. Those were measure in K like yours.
What is your power draw and output? Actual Watts?
I am sure you will manage if you start them now they are also going to be fast finishing at 8 to 9wks. Get ready for the terpenes!!! Absolutely amazing!!! You will love BubbaHash!
Happy growing!!!

Thanks for the reply:)

From what I've read searching topics about LEC lights vs HPS people tend to say that HPS causes more stretching. I haven't measured the actual watts, but people say this 315w provides more like 340-350w if I remember correctly and you can think of it as a 450w-500w HPS.http://www.vplux.fi/tuotteet.html?id=94/331 even thought this website is in finnish you can look at the light spectre under picture daylight 942! Anyway I'll keep em in veg a little bit more because they are just getting used to their new enviroment and I haven't repotted them to their final pots yet. Happy growing mate your pics in your recent topics look awesome!

rlsmooth

High folks,

Just came to post my weekly update about these strong genetics. After my last picture there were some major problems, mainly due to being rootbound in their old 1 gallon containers. Leaves started showing light green colours, stems going purple, and lower leaves yellowing etc. I think there was one repotting too much when I repotted them from those clay pots to those 1 gallon pots, the difference in root space for that time was not sufficient. I think windburn has also been stressing the plants a little bit, since my UFO creates a pretty high airflow in the tent even thought I don't use any other fans. This has resulted in some spots on the leaves and some of em being a little bit curled up in a weird way.

Anyway I repotted em to their final containers a few days ago, gave em a good watering and things seem to be really perking up. I think they need a good dose of N and K in their next watering and then I'll flip the light period, I have only abouts 30cm space to move my light so I seriously hope they dont stretch too much :D. Added heavy amount of bat guano to the soil, which will be my only source of P for this run, and I think that has been playing major factor on getting these plants going and stems turning good looking again. The smell was bio diesel like when I opened the tent this morning.

On the front left and middle you can see sweet smelling Kali China girls, and the rest are BH which smell a bit spicy at the moment, interesting to see how they develop. Root development is crazy at the moment..KC showing beatyful roots on top of soil as well..!

bnBYx5G.jpg

Last edited: