What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zeke99 PPK thread

zeke99

Morning, day 17 of 12/12. Input EC still 1.4. Wave pulsing every 90 minutes. Post-defoliation, cutting of clones and pruning the unlit backsides.

Photos were taken seconds after the bulb had fired up, before maximum brightness.

plant 2:

picture.php

plant 3:

picture.php

plant 4:

picture.php

plant 5:

picture.php

the back of plant 1:

picture.php

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=73094&pictureid=1763732

zeke99

Taking a half decent photograph with my camera phone has proven to be an elusive feat of photography. This is the top of plant 3, 19 days into 12/12.

picture.php

I lost one cutting after 24 hours, the rest have held up to this point.

zeke99

Here we are at the end of day 20 of 12/12. Bud sites seem to be filling in nicely, unfortunately my photos don't show it very well. Wondering if I should defoliate a little more on plants 1 and 2. By the end of stretch, I removed all of the fan leaves that were attached to stems.

plant 1
picture.php

plant 2
picture.php

plant 3
picture.php

plant 5 (handwater only)
picture.php

For the next run, which will be from cuttings of plant 1 or 2 only, I will grow out four plants and change containers from 2 gallon buckets to a 3 gallon "Roughneck" on top and a 10 gallon "roughneck" on the bottom.

zeke99

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I noticed tonight a few new leaves with burnt tips. We are 33 days into 12/12. I topped off the volume tank, with tap water, to bring the EC down from 1.2 to .8.

9 out of my 12 cuttings made it to the growing stage. I did not use rooting gel; only saliva (my own :biggrin:). and they are in the same bedroom as the main tent (in a smaller tent), so I have not provided high humidity. And no dome. The humidity % in the room has not, on any given day since the clones were cut, been lower than 45%, nor higher than 65%.

picture.php

Last edited:

zeke99

6 weeks into 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

So last Monday I refilled the volume tank with 15 gallons of tap + nutes at EC .8
Yesterday I refilled with 15 gallons at EC .4

Wondering if I'll see the leaves change color at all? This week I will start to remove any fan leaves that aren't growing out of buds.

Nirvana says this is a 7 to 9 week cultivar.

zeke99

Well, using 30x and 60x loops, it appears that this is a true 49 day plant. I was expecting more variation. There is very little variation. The three smaller plants are ready to be chopped, orange pistils and a few heads have already turned amber. Of the two big plants that I chose as possible keepers, one of them also has a few amber heads, but fewer orange pistils. The other big plant is a few days behind.

zeke99

This is my keeper from this batch of seeds. I call her, #2. There are five clones. Four will be vegged and bloomed in the big tent (6.5' cube) and one in the small tent (3' x 3') (400w HPS). That's a new purchase. So now there are three tents, with one for drying and cuttings (not at the same time).

picture.php

picture.php

zeke99

Enjoyed my first preview of the harvest tonight.

The high is the exact wavelength that I was hoping for.

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro....That number 2 is a production gift from the good Lord......That`s the first "indica" I`ve ever seen with 50/50 hybrid leaves , but I`ve been wrong before.....

The plants did grow bush style in balls thru veg , but looks like # 2 did more Xmas tree style thru end of stretch and cycle.....Good job of cleanin out the backs and innards cuz it only promotes more swellage to all laterals and top colas.....anyways....

Hope harvey`s good to yas Zeke....PPK`s dialed can do big things with proper watts per sq ft and dialed environment.....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

I have a question about pulse feeding in ppk. Is it a bad idea for any reason to have a drain at the top of top bucket, draining back to bottom bucket so I don't have to worry about dialing feed duration?

zeke99

I have a question about pulse feeding in ppk. Is it a bad idea for any reason to have a drain at the top of top bucket, draining back to bottom bucket so I don't have to worry about dialing feed duration?

I'm confused by your question. A drain at the top of the top bucket?

Latest posts

Latest posts