What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whos got the best Afghan?

highsteppa

Veteran
I'm going to grow some ghani this season. I have an old line from vancouver island that supposedly comes in early oct. They've been in storage since '08 or 09. Also last year I received some Mazar that are said to be frosty and rock hard, poor germ rates I've been told, but will give them a go!

Heusinomics

Hey canna, or the bodhi crew.
Got any info on that
MATAHARI afghani x snow lotus?

I trust bodhi so well I'm tempted to just grabem up
But I'd love to hear any info you guys may hav.

Great thread.
Was just reading up on the old Nl's ortegas, aff is over at the mr. Nice forums. Very interesting.
Big ups respect and happy growing.

GoatCheese

Veteran
Spring discount at Sensi Seeds' shop ends April 1st.
..if someone is interested in Maple Leaf Indica, Black Domina, Hindu Kush, Afghan #1, MAster Kush or what ever, that is.
:)

Cannavore

Veteran
Hey canna, or the bodhi crew.
Got any info on that
MATAHARI afghani x snow lotus?

I trust bodhi so well I'm tempted to just grabem up
But I'd love to hear any info you guys may hav.

Great thread.
Was just reading up on the old Nl's ortegas, aff is over at the mr. Nice forums. Very interesting.
Big ups respect and happy growing.

matahari is afkansastan x snow lotus.... the afkan was made known/popular by Mr Dank.... Schrews grew matahari i'd ask him about it =)

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Shishkaberry Red and Shishkaberry Yellow.

I am questing far and wide for these originals but not finding much.
One seed company told me they have them, steve's original line, in their freezer. Understandably , they aren't releasing any as it's saved for breeding material. It's a bummer tho because I think about those seeds every day LOL I wish they hadn't told me :hotbounce

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
Who has the best?

Taking the risk of sounding like Bill Clinton........it depends how you describe "best" I liked shishkaberry. Who was that? Sagarmartha? Chimera? I forget.....
THAT was top shelf affie. SO hard to find now. If its possible at all.....
Best of the best affie that I have smoked.
I ran some affie seeds straight off the plane, too. Apparently from pretty high in the hills. Maybe Ill post some pics he sent.........SHADY looking folks is putting it nicely, lol....... Grows pretty tall and lanky for what we here typically think of as affie indica. Is this a result of the place it was grown? Perhaps. But the smoke, while hard hitting and narcotic wasnt all that flavorful. Tasted and smelled like gym socks. lol

Ive run LUI, Ortega, and Rene. Not sure if they were pure affies but I felt they were overrated, too, for the work put in to attain it. Good luck in your hunt!

zirt

IMHO there is not such thing as "Best Afghan". There are different landraces/cultivars as there are growers with different needs/tastes.

After some research I bought months ago a pack of DP´s Passion#1.

I found different info online and I trully believe it´s still the same Afghani-Mazari line, known in the past as "California Indica".
33 euros a reg. pack, a bargain, comparing with the average cannabis seed price. Not expecting a top notch bud, the idea is more to use it as building block for outdoor crosses.

There are phenos that end flowering for 15th sept.There are some interesting guerrilla journals on the tube as late as 2013.

My:2cents:

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
Who has the best?

Taking the risk of sounding like Bill Clinton........it depends how you describe "best" I liked shishkaberry. Who was that? Sagarmartha? Chimera? I forget.....
THAT was top shelf affie. SO hard to find now. If its possible at all.....
Best of the best affie that I have smoked.
I ran some affie seeds straight off the plane, too. Apparently from pretty high in the hills. Maybe Ill post some pics he sent.........SHADY looking folks is putting it nicely, lol....... Grows pretty tall and lanky for what we here typically think of as affie indica. Is this a result of the place it was grown? Perhaps. But the smoke, while hard hitting and narcotic wasnt all that flavorful. Tasted and smelled like gym socks. lol

Ive run LUI, Ortega, and Rene. Not sure if they were pure affies but I felt they were overrated, too, for the work put in to attain it. Good luck in your hunt!

shiskheberry was an IBL afghan line worked by Breeder Steve of spice of life, giving two main phenos, the red and the yellow. He later created shiskaberry by crossing shiskheberry the red x dj shorts famous blue berry male. (circa 1998), a collaborative work between the two breeders.
I have the shiskaberry and shiskaberry 3 F2.
The Shiskaberry 3 is a BX to the Shiskheberry parent from the original line. Pheno types include the single pole and the more branchy blueberry structure influence.
Shiskaberry 3 (f2) seeds are currently available at a seedbank in Canada. bred by Ustad seeds.
I have a line on some beans that just might be the shiskheberry red/yellow, just waiting for the packs to arrive. The pics I was sent of the phenotypes show two distinct , single pole plants, one very green/yellow the other very red/purple. Will be making seeds if I can get them to grow. I'm told they are 20+ years old and are coming from West Vancouver.

Tynehead Tom

420giveaway
spice of life shiskaberry F1 (seeds from 1998) , perfect afghani for SOG ;)
picture.php

and something a bit bigger, just harvested this one.
picture.php

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
shiskheberry was an IBL afghan line worked by Breeder Steve of spice of life, giving two main phenos, the red and the yellow. He later created shiskaberry by crossing shiskheberry the red x dj shorts famous blue berry male. (circa 1998), a collaborative work between the two breeders.

Let's be honest and accurate for the historical record here, that's simply not true.

The red and yellow afghani were clones that floated around BC. Steve collected them, like he did with the grapefruit, dutch treat and other clones that founded his early releases, he didn't create them or the lines they came from. They were just clones he grabbed and hit with pollen from the lone male that sprung from 5 seeds DJ gave him at the Cannabis cup. DJ has nothing to do with these seeds, other than giving steve 5 seeds. Calling it collaborative work is a real stretch.

zirt

Let's be honest and accurate for the historical record here, that's simply not true.

The red and yellow afghani were clones that floated around BC. Steve collected them, like he did with the grapefruit, dutch treat and other clones that founded his early releases, he didn't create them or the lines they came from. They were just clones he grabbed and hit with pollen from the lone male that sprung from 5 seeds DJ gave him at the Cannabis cup. DJ has nothing to do with these seeds, other than giving steve 5 seeds. Calling it collaborative work is a real stretch.

You have been badmounthing Steve for years; even you called him "unstable" at some point in this same forum. When he wasn´t around anymore of course...on top of that schnazzleberry was made with Shiskaberry and DJ´s BB Male pollen, you can deny it if you want.
Where lets you that Chimera?:wave:

Latest posts

Latest posts