What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lebanese...

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Have you grown their strains?

Grew their Astur Mexicana which has the Oaxacan pheno with the black stem which DJ Short used for his Blueberry creation.

picture.php

Keep on growing :)

Naive? You seen those guys on YouTube getting beheaded? Or the Vice documentary about the Hashish growers who guard their crops with AK47s and rocket launchers? You are naive if you think a westerner can take a vacation to the Bekka Valley, make friends with some Hezbollah militia, receive a bunch of seeds, then return home with head intact. It is a war zone.

hahah yeah man, I saw that grussom shit... wtf is up with that huh!?

didn´t mean to piss you off homie, but I live in Brazil, and I´ve had tons of shit from the middle east in my garden, Uzbequistan indica, Paquistani , chitrall area, as well as some classic Lebanese, afghani.......
what I´m trying to say is, you don´t have to be a soldier to walk through a field of ganja and pick out seeds.... if you got the right contacts, and a couple of spare USD, you can have anything in the world! .... its all about network..... you know what makes the world go round....$$$$$$$$$$$$

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Naive? You seen those guys on YouTube getting beheaded? Or the Vice documentary about the Hashish growers who guard their crops with AK47s and rocket launchers? You are naive if you think a westerner can take a vacation to the Bekka Valley, make friends with some Hezbollah militia, receive a bunch of seeds, then return home with head intact. It is a war zone.

G`day TR

You are naive to believe the MSM .

Geography is an fascinating thing .
That`s a bit like saying . They behead people in Mexico . So don`t go to the USA .

Thanks for sharin

EB

therevverend

Veteran
No it's cool fool you were messin' with me a bit so I was messin' with you. I know what you were saying.
Elmer, the Bekka Valley is a war zone. It's been so since the 70's but it's gotten worse since the war in Syria started. Between the Lebanese army destroying farmers fields, Hezbollah, and the militias it is a very dangerous place.
There's an excellent Vice documentary on You Tube someone else posted a link in a different thread but I'll post it again because it's great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTM6siUyTzQ

therevverend

Veteran
As far as the geography lesson Bekka is on the border with Syria. The Syrian army invaded and controlled the Bekka Valley in the late 80's. They destroyed the hashish fields. It was only after they left the farmers could return and plant their crops.
Non Muslim westerners get kidnapped all the time. If you're lucky you're family ransoms you. They also sell westerners to Isis. I believe one of the guys who was beheaded was kidnapped across the border in Turkey by US backed fighters than ransomed to Isis for $40 grand.
This incident also shows there's not "good guys" and "bad guys" the way the US govt thinks. It's all about the money. The cool stoner hashish farmer you're hanging with in Bekka could sell you to Isis the next day. And I wouldn't blame him too much. All that money could help a lot of families.

window

Veteran
Red Leb

Red Leb

Little Lebanese is starting to fade and the edges around the leaves are turning red.
picture.php
picture.php

window

Veteran
Some dried Lebanese buds, the smell has changed to a lemon scent.
I've only smoked a little as I want to cure it some but it gave a sort of mild sativa high? I'm a bit shocked but do remember Leb hash being pretty uppy.
picture.php

I had to pull some bananas during the grow as she was slightly herm and found two immature seeds when dry but that was all.
You can see one of the seeds in the pic.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
As far as the geography lesson Bekka is on the border with Syria. The Syrian army invaded and controlled the Bekka Valley in the late 80's. They destroyed the hashish fields. It was only after they left the farmers could return and plant their crops.
Non Muslim westerners get kidnapped all the time. If you're lucky you're family ransoms you. They also sell westerners to Isis. I believe one of the guys who was beheaded was kidnapped across the border in Turkey by US backed fighters than ransomed to Isis for $40 grand.
This incident also shows there's not "good guys" and "bad guys" the way the US govt thinks. It's all about the money. The cool stoner hashish farmer you're hanging with in Bekka could sell you to Isis the next day. And I wouldn't blame him too much. All that money could help a lot of families.
Drug lords thrive as conflict rages

By Ruth Sherlock in the Bekaa Valley

5:00 AM Friday Dec 26, 2014
Save
Like on Facebook7
Tweet on Twitter3
Post on LinkedIn0
+1 on Google+0
Lebanon
Lebanese authorities too busy worrying about war on their doorstep to be bothered with cannabis farmers
Photo / Getty Images
Photo / Getty Images
Lebanon's drug kingpin watched his workers sink spades into the piles of marijuana that banked the walls of his factory, throwing the chopped plants on to machines that sifted out the top-quality hash.

The secret processing plant - outwardly an unremarkable cow barn - stands on a hillside overlooking the fertile plains of the Bekaa Valley, where cannabis is once again a multi-million-dollar product.

For years, Ali Nasri Shamas and other Lebanese farmers saw their illegal crops burned by the Government. But in the past two summers, with the army focused on the violent fallout of the war in neighbouring Syria, their plants have flourished.

Security forces have refrained from destroying the industry of the hash growers who, already armed to the teeth, could be useful partners in keeping order should the instability become full-blown conflict.

The farmers too have grown in confidence: they have stockpiled AK47s, ammunition, machineguns and rocket-propelled grenades and rallied around Shamas, who has become the unofficial representative defending their trade.

"We are selling hashish, and if anyone from the Government tries to come close to it, we'll kill them," said Shamas, his heavily armed bodyguards standing beside the doors of two black four-wheel-drive vehicles, their windows blacked out, the licence plates removed. "This year we had a good year."

Subsistence farmers across the region have switched from beet crops to growing cannabis, leaving tracts of agricultural land, kilometres wide, covered in the plants. As well as paying his own growers, Shamas has bought up the produce of the smaller farmers, creating an empire whose economy now has hundreds of dependants.

Inside the processing plant, hashish particles clouded the air, dancing in the rays of sunlight that streamed through the open door. A small army of Syrian workers, cloths wrapped round their mouths to stop them breathing in the fumes, separated the stems and outer leaves from the buds.

In a corner of the barn, partitioned by a plastic tarpaulin, two women carefully re-sifted the refined product, creating a fine dust-like substance that was crushed by machine to make the hash lumps to be exported all over the world.

The valley has become so full of the crop that prices have plummeted through oversupply. Two years ago, for 1kg of hashish, farmers would pocket US$1200 ($1550). Now the price is only a quarter of that - US$350, Shamas said.

But still it remains a lucrative trade, and Shamas' business alone brings in millions of dollars.

Most of the hashish goes to countries in the region, including Syria and Egypt. But some also reaches Europe.

"All of my main growers made at least half a million dollars this year," said Shamas.

With no end in sight to the Syria conflict the future for the Bekaa's hash growers appears bright.

Grass, cows, and the Bekaa Valley
• Lebanon's government has periodically tried to eradicate the drugs industry, which has existed in the Bekaa Valley since the days of the Ottoman Empire.

• Efforts were abandoned after the outbreak of the civil war in 1975, when militias and political groups used the trade to fund the war.

• In the 1990s, when the Syrian military occupation of the country began, the United States pressured Damascus to take action. An American agricultural loan paid for the import of 3000 dairy cows in the hope of building alternative industries.

• A US$300 million ($387 million)-a-year United Nations programme of crop substitution was also implemented, but government corruption prevented most of that money from reaching the people of Bekaa.

• At the beginning of the last decade, the pre-eminent drug lord was Jamal Hamieh, who threw lavish parties for Syrian intelligence officials and New York gangsters.

- Daily Telegraph UK

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well...

I have 6 beans from that Lebanese nug I was given.

I'm going to put them in some water on 1-5 to soak over night then in some soil & see what pops up.

I'm hoping for 3 fems & 2 males so I can bulk up 3 separate lines to play with. :D

On a side note: I'll be doing the exact same thing with some Killer Chem (KQ x Chem91).

I lost 21 of 24 seeds due to high temps last go round. I hope this session is a bit more forgiving. I completely blame me for the loss. DOH!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I changed my mind on the start date for these Lebs.
I had another bad run on seeds so glad I still have these.

These will be put in water to soak overnight on Mar 18th.

Wish me luck with germination.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Best luck man!

I will also try some Lebanese Genetics this year Outdoor!

Sibbeli

Guys, Don´t forget the Leb27 which is available from several Danish breeder.

Now, It may or may not qualify as a true LRC, but it has been grown here in Northern Europe for around 30 years, and it yields heavily if given the conditions to do so, and is supposed to have a nice cerebral sativa day-time smoke.

It can lack in potency for some, but is still alot better than streetbud in Sweden I guess, as all other Danish bred strains have been that..

It´s early for me, Very early for most others, meaning a mid Sep-early Oct finish for me at N56-58.

I will be breeding this variety this year, along with a bunch of strains, several other acclimatized IBL´s and I might come up with something interesting.. I hope so.

You should check it out as, Well, it ain´t a LRC but it IS a Leb ready to be grown everywhere in the world.

HFH has 2 versions, the V2 is the original uncrossed one, and S is crossed with a HFH wild strain.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Sibbeli,
Glad to hear you like the Leb smoke.
If ya don't mind me asking,
What are you going to cross with yours?

At this point, I'm focusing on a bulking, just another fillial gen.
BUT...
I'll probably (more n likely) hit my Blueberry sat x Afghan/Hawaiian and a couple other seed plants.
My goal, initially, is to get a few earlier flowering varieties for my area.

GL with your projects. ;)

Almost forgot...
I'm planning on hitting the females with a Rez Chemdog IBL male as well.
Jus chuckin here.

Sibbeli

I haven´t really decided that yet, more than one cross to another Danish IBL, the end result being a IBL Danish Polyhybrid made up of two Sat leaning strains and two indy laning strains. Could be a fun project:) And will be one of my long term commitment´s, will be trying to breed it true, several lines of it tho, so to not loose vigour. I´m not a fan of selfing, or 1+1 mating, so will probalby take some time, but thats ok, as long as the end result kicks ass :)

Sibbeli

I forgot, are you also breeding the Leb27? Or another Lebanese line? What´s your intentions with it, if i may ask?

Sibbeli

And ofc I read your post to quick, haha.. I see what´s your up to, seems like good plans. Where are you situated, if i may ask?

I have intentions laterr on to bring more strains available to grow in the norrthern zones, just like you do. But, that´s later on, have my hands full this and next year, atleast..

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
COLORADO :D

I believe my seeds are a generation removed from what BlueHemp sells... It's not Leb27.

I've no experience with HFH gear.

Latest posts

Latest posts