What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First Ever Newbie Summer Bud Contest

BayBHuey

La Vida Loca
Yeah thanks guys that will help us newbs. I even went back through the first post and still didnt get it. I dunno

Plus did this contest start already or just starting? A little confused about that too.

BayBHuey

Yeah thanks guys that will help us newbs. I even went back through the first post and still didnt get it. I dunno

Plus did this contest start already or just starting? A little confused about that too.

BayBHuey

In the spirit of thinking that if you grow pot it is cheaper than therapy and plus you get weed ~ it was suggested by NYUrbanFarmer that we have a contest for newby growers to get them involved and show us some of us old-timers some new ideas!

Therefor I am announcing the opening of the International Cannagraphic's

It's as simple as this:

Go to your profile and select my strains, click grow reports and choose new report.
Fill out the grow report and submit it so it can be approved.
Create a new thread in grow diaries forum with a link to your thread
and then continue your thread in the diaries forum.

The rules:

Any NEW grower that chronicles his grow of a particular strain with a detailed Grow Diary and posts a detailed Grow Report by September 30th will eligible for consideration as Summer Bud Contest winner.

Quote:
Note: NEW Grower means anyone who starts this contest with under 300 posts...
smile.gif

This brilliant idea was cooked up by the folks in the American Growers Social Club and NYUrbanFarmer here on ICMag.com.

The prizes are beans kindly donated by BushyOldGrower (BOG Seeds), MedMan and SeedBay.

The grow should be well documented with photos from each stage of growth. While some may not yet be finished with their grow by the deadline, you may still be considered for voting if you have detailed your grow with at least weekly posting with photos of the grow in progress.

Harvested pics should be included if available, and of the final product if cured in time for the deadline.

Voting for the contest will begin October 1st, 2014 and close Wednesday, October 15th at midnite.

Voters will be asked to judge the following items to determine the winners:

The quality of the information in the Grow Diary.
The frequency and presentation of updates (weekly updates?).
The quality of photographs and or videos.
The design setup explained, details can make for a really great thread.
Unique setup and design.
The amount of interest in the grow.
Strain review.
Smoke report.
Answers to questions in the thread.
The end result, the quality of the harvest.

These are the criteria to be used to judge the contest. So it's NOT JUST THE END RESULT, nor is it based solely upon how the plants look, how big they are, or how well they smoke. It's about how well the grower did documenting the grow and other factors like innovation or responding to questions.

Also please note that grows can be from seed or clone or virgin birth, they can be grown indoors, outdoors, on your porch, on your yacht, houseboat, or even in your orbiting space craft.

AND if you decide to enter this as a group effort, that is okay also! But you all have to be newbies
smile.gif

Have fun!

Thanks again to Clarence at SeedBay, BushyOldGrower, and MedMan for providing the prizes! But mostly thank you to NYUrbanFarmer and his American Grower's Social Club for suggesting this contest!

its trypp

Wow, glad to see the contest is already getting so much interest NY :)

Oh and when it was suggested earlier that we put this together as a regular contest, that was the plan; for the American Grower group to partner annually with ICMag to host the event. :) Thankfully this initial contest was approved and set up! Now, bud gods willing, the contest will go smoothly so that we can turn it into an annual contest. :)

Great idea, I'll be entering this as well.

Question, and I'm repeating the same one asked before, but I'm not too clear why we would write a grow report based a crop we haven't harvested yet.

The questions on the grow report ask me for information I wouldn't know, considering this grow is still in progress.

Will I be able to edit the grow report after the diary is finished?

Because as if I'm reading it correctly the steps are, "Start a grow report, then a diary"

Would seem to me the diary on the grow would be first, then the grow report documenting the finish product and impressions following that.

Unless I'm completely high. Which is entirely possible :)

Last edited:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
lovely too see all this action.... If anyone needs a hand or an ear to bend...I'm always about

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
steadydets may be right.
also, this needs to be cleared up, cause it doesn't make sense:

Gentlemen

Gentlemen

Great idea, I'll be entering this as well.

Question, and I'm repeating the same one asked before, but I'm not too clear why we would write a grow report and a crop we haven't harvested yet.

The questions on the grow report ask me for information I wouldn't know, considering this grow is in progress.

Will I be able to edit the grow report after the dairy is finished?

Because as if I'm reading it correctly the steps are, "Start a grow report, then a dairy"

Would seem to me the dairy on the grow would be first, then the grow report documenting the finish product and impressions following that.

Unless I'm completely high. Which is entirely possible :)

steadydets may be right.
also, this needs to be cleared up, cause it doesn't make sense:

The reason for the grow report is to submit your intentions to Admin. the report can be edited at anytime the edit your report option is on the grow report page. This way Payaso can match these reports to the threads of the contestants because people sometime use different thread names. I think the only thread that I see that Identifies the diary with the contest in the forum is mine. I haven't yet seen any diaries that notion their for the contest. But payaso can take all the grow reports from the specific time span or date period and keep track of them without having to search through many threads from many contestants.

Does this help a little?

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Am I too high or you didn't read the text I quoted?

The above text doesn't make any sense, except maybe if the user had already started a thread in other subforum, and should continue it in the grow diaries. Is that allowed (for threads started in other subforums to be continued in the Grow Diary subforum)? Any way, I don't think it is clear enaugh. How can you create a thread with a link to your thread? Shouldn't the thread be started in the Grow Diaries Subforum from the start? Then what link you should put inside the thread? The link of the thread? There's no point in that. :)

This is the full text describing how a newbie should enter the competition. See if it makes any sense as a whole, considering users don't have any extra info on their hands to understand it better:

It's as simple as this:
Go to your profile and select my strains, click grow reports and choose new report.
Fill out the grow report and submit it so it can be approved.

Am I too high or you didn't read the text I quoted?

The above text doesn't make any sense, except maybe if the user had already started a thread in other subforum, and should continue it in the grow diaries. Is that allowed (for threads started in other subforums to be continued in the Grow Diary subforum)? Any way, I don't think it is clear enaugh. How can you create a thread with a link to your thread? Shouldn't the thread be started in the Grow Diaries Subforum from the start? Then what link you should put inside the thread? The link of the thread? There's no point in that. :)

This is the full text describing how a newbie should enter the competition. See if it makes any sense as a whole, considering users don't have any extra info on their hands to understand it better:

Well I think you put a link to your original thread in the first post then continue your grow in the diary. I don't know I didn't make the rules I'm just trying to help you all decipher them lol.

NYUF :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I'm struggling to understand the rules as well, and I'm sure most of the newbies are struggling, too.
Hope the rules will be better explained soon, as I really want to see much action from this contest.

Firebrand

I'm struggling to understand the rules as well, and I'm sure most of the newbies are struggling, too.
Hope the rules will be better explained soon, as I really want to see much action from this contest.

I didn't really understand it either, but who am I to buck the system.

I started the grow report first, I filled what info I could, then I opened another tab on my browser and started a diary, once that was established I posted a link to it in grow report, then I submitted the grow report for approval. After that I went back and started working on the diary thread.

I hope I did right, I hope this post helps others.

OK all I spoke with Payaso....

OK all I spoke with Payaso....

Hey everyone I spoke with Payaso and he has requested I post this update for everyone that doesn't understand how to enter the New Growers Contest. Follow these instructions to enter

Re: Grow report issues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Here's how it works:

FIRST you start your grow diary in the grow diaries section here:

https://www.icmag.com/modules/Journal/

When the grow is complete, or ready to document with a grow report, you go here to submit your report:

https://www.icmag.com/modules/ICStra...op=listreports

Thanks

NYUrbanFarmer :tiphat:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Thank you for clearing that up. I think it is way more clear now.
I updated my post with the links to the right places where users should put their grow journals and grow reports.

rik78

Veteran
I will be testing for Red Eyes Genetics, and they have ask us to make the journals in the Seedbay Test Grows... can I still taken part?.... or its set in stone has to be in Grow Diaries Forum?

if not I will have to thread with the same stuff in two parts of the forum... but this seens to me stupid

I will be testing for Red Eyes Genetics, and they have ask us to make the journals in the Seedbay Test Grows... can I still taken part?.... or its set in stone has to be in Grow Diaries Forum?

if not I will have to thread with the same stuff in two parts of the forum... but this seens to me stupid

Rik you'll have to check with payaso on that one..

this is a great idea , I really like the contest idea,... keep em coming

TS

Thank you! :tiphat:

NYUF

Latest posts

Latest posts