Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Original Seed Store for great Cannabis genetics
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-21-2017, 06:06 PM #3211
EasyGoing

EasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
I think what happens when you feed heavy you shut down the microbes so you get no contribution from any of your non soluble soil amendments. You are essentially feeding hydroponically at that point. The thing to watch for is which way does your organic % move yr over yr
So, you guys have been asking how to get high levels of Ca into a hydroponic type set up......... Do we have an answer?
EasyGoing is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 06:14 PM #3212
jidoka

jidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nice
Topdressing is the easiest way for soil. It would be hard to get as much as you want fertigating cause injectors won't work.

Beyond that we would need to move the conversation cause I promised
jidoka is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:20 PM #3213
EasyGoing

EasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the roughEasyGoing is a jewel in the rough
I won't speak much more on it either. However, high CEC organic soil, that can move it's base saturation %'s quickly sounds like a winner to me. Comes down to cost more than the theory, IMO.
EasyGoing is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 06:31 PM #3214
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nice
A week of brewing in a vortex brewer will do wonders for solubility issues. As well as that ball mill...
growingcrazy is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 07:29 PM #3215
jidoka

jidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nice
Ball milling does not change solubility. It increases surface area improving digestability for microbes. But if microbes are dormant ???

You ever wonder if Brunetti's suspension agent was really organic

Brewing is different. It is a genius way to predigest. MgPhosphates are special
jidoka is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 08:36 PM #3216
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nice
We raise and process poultry on our farm, so having an unlimited supply of organic bone meal is what got me into the ball mill. I like to run everything through it just for consistency.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:44 PM #3217
jidoka

Silica rods? Fill it to 55% including water for maximum grinding efficiency

I like your style
jidoka is offline Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 08:44 PM #3218
stewart169

stewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the roughstewart169 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by reppin2c View Post
This thread is going down hill

Sprinkling gypsum on it

All better. It's a good thing I showed up, you are welcome. I've been saying that alot lately
Amen. I learned a lot in the first couple hundred pages. The last hundred I learned plus I learned that some posters here love the sound of their own voice. Ignore function takes care of most of that. A few of them need to start their own threads or stay on topic or just plain shut up. I dont know for sure but at least one poster has to have double the posts of the OP and a couple other may. Thanks to the OP for all the info. Thread seems to be being run into the dirt by blabbermouth know it all's. Back to read only now for me.

Old 10-21-2017, 10:20 PM #3219
hyposomniac

hyposomniac is a jewel in the roughhyposomniac is a jewel in the roughhyposomniac is a jewel in the roughhyposomniac is a jewel in the roughhyposomniac is a jewel in the roughhyposomniac is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by growingcrazy View Post
We raise and process poultry on our farm, so having an unlimited supply of organic bone meal is what got me into the ball mill. I like to run everything through it just for consistency.
A little off topic, but how far do you process the birds? Into boneless breasts and boneless thighs? Machine for it?
hyposomniac is online now Quote

Old 10-21-2017, 11:16 PM #3220
growingcrazy

Boneless breast, bone in thighs and legs mainly. All hand work, we aren't a huge operation, 1-2k birds a year. Plenty to supply my 40 acres needs...

We incorporate the rib cage/spine, wings/legs and any other waste into our compost piles. This allows microbes to remove all tissues from the bones without using an energy source.

When we go to use the compost the bones are separated during screening and then powdered.

The only thing off topic in this thread is whining. So many dots in this thread that take some logical thinking and some not so logical thinking to connect.

Imagine if all of these heads would work towards a common goal with openness...whether privately or publicly... we have bigger competition coming from Corporate America than we do from woo salesman or anyone else...

5 members found this post helpful.