Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Harvesting & Processing > Malawi style cob cureing

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
Malawi style cob cureing Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 03:30 AM #1901
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
4 year old Nev Haze cob

This is 4 year old nev haze cob its fully dried and hard as a piece of wood I had to use a meat cleaver to cut a piece off. I put all my weight on it and rocked back and forth to get it to cut through!

Trying 0.4g to see if its lost its punch. My ears are ringing so thats a good start ha ha

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:26 AM #1902
Tangwena

Tangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud ofTangwena has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.rogers67 View Post
This is another way I have been working on . I line jar with cob , load up with bud ,on to food saver .View Image View Image View Image View Image View Image mr rogers
Oh yes I forgot to tell you something about those loose sweated buds apart from everything else good about them.
They make the best oil and hash after drying, the resin after aging is all kinds of crazy colors from bright neon red to pearly white.

I used to smoke nothing but the oil from cobs mixed with the cobs ground into dust. One hit wonders, its not that one hit does the trick its that one hit gets you so very high its scary.

But my lungs payed the price still I thought i should mention it the effects of cob oil can be nothing short of amazing.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:58 AM #1903
clearheaded

clearheaded will become famous soon enough
So is this more of a nostalgia thing? Or prefer a smoth actually cured material apposed to freah high terps? Come so far to see mex brick looking stuff but high cbn obv will change effects to more foggy forgetful sleepyness.

As old wives tail they used to say it got stronger when cured but of course not the case. Just more cbn less thc.
clearheaded is offline Quote

Old 10-18-2017, 11:42 AM #1904
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearheaded View Post
So is this more of a nostalgia thing? Or prefer a smoth actually cured material apposed to freah high terps? Come so far to see mex brick looking stuff but high cbn obv will change effects to more foggy forgetful sleepyness.

As old wives tail they used to say it got stronger when cured but of course not the case. Just more cbn less thc.
I dont get what you mean about sleepy effects thats totally dependant on what type of buds you use.
If you use low grade or narcotic type buds of course thats all you get but the cobs I use are def not any good if its sleep your after.
This Nev haze cob would keep you awake all night.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:52 PM #1905
Unagi

Unagi will become famous soon enough
Heyo! It's been 9 days since i last checked on the cob, I was wondering since you said I should open the cob and check it after a week, is that something I should do every 7 days? Or should I just let the last 5 days go before I open it again now?

It's really cool of you to share this technique with us, even more awesome of you to stick around to help us out! Thanks dude
Unagi is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:56 PM #1906
Tangwena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unagi View Post
Heyo! It's been 9 days since i last checked on the cob, I was wondering since you said I should open the cob and check it after a week, is that something I should do every 7 days? Or should I just let the last 5 days go before I open it again now?

It's really cool of you to share this technique with us, even more awesome of you to stick around to help us out! Thanks dude
I enjoy showing you this method. i have friends who use this method and they get better results than me so its worth it.
Its not hard and fast rule to inspect them weekly I just like to do it as I can keep an eye on the fermentation.
Sometimes I change my planned time frame judging by the smell and appearance of the buds thats all.
The recipe will get you good results but its not by any means the only way to do it.
Once you try it if you like it you should tweak the times and moisture contents ect to get the result that you like most.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-20-2017, 03:26 AM #1907
Tangwena

Unagi these are some Panama x Malawi buds that I sweated for 12hrs, then cured for a week before drying the cob to age it. Now a year later the buds sugar leaves are still green on the buds because I halted the fermentation as the smell of the sealed cob when opened was so nice.
Now they have a very up trippy high that I like a lot when fresh it was stony and not that nice. But now it is top drawer and I like it a lot just needed some age.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:24 AM #1908
Chevy cHaze
Joint Interest

Chevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of lightChevy cHaze is a glorious beacon of light
Finally opened my cobs today to see (and smell!) what's up.

This is how I vacuum sealed them after roughly a 48h sweat

When I took them out, both smelled very sweet, the Jack Herer in the same way as before but more intense and the Sour Blueberry in a totally different way than before: More sour, pungent, hint of cat piss (?). The SB was still more moist then the JH

Here's with husks off

the weed

and here's how I sealed them back up as I was too lazy to wrap them
up in the husks again.

Haven't tried them yet, but will probably tomorrow.
I'll smoke them however, not eat them.

cbd is where it's at - 250w organic blumatized cbd skunk haze grow

super silent mode organic blumatized hans panel grow - 80gr from 65w of LEDs

"In what you say of another, apply the test of kindness, necessity and truth, and let nothing pass your lips without a 2/3 majority."

"Dope will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope"- Freewheelin' Franklin
Chevy cHaze is offline Quote

Old 10-22-2017, 03:08 AM #1909
Tangwena

Looking good and smelling promising. Take a slice off each one and seal them back up in a vacuum to age for a month.
They are ok to smoke now but they will be still young.
Enjoy them after drying your samples for a day or so. The cobs after a month should be awesome and you will notice the difference as they age.
Good on you for giving it a go they look nicely cured you should have a winner in the making.

Old 10-22-2017, 10:41 AM #1910
clearheaded

clearheaded will become famous soon enough
Cat piss ammonia is a sign of annarobic bacteria breaking it down.

By sleepy effects i meant u are breaking things down 1 of which is thc. Thc turns to cbn which is very narcotic.
I just cant see old truely cured herb being made into a terpy shatter. smooth sure intense cbn effects ya. Not sayin dont enjoy truley cur3d stuff but never is super loud as breaks down most everything. Few terps change yes.

Just dont get how its worth it without nostalgia of bricks. Just fun expirement?

nt or
clearheaded is offline Quote