Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > New Growers > CLF vs HPS vs LED!

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at Seedbay
CLF vs HPS vs LED! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-18-2017, 06:26 PM #11
HuffnPufferfish

HuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura aboutHuffnPufferfish has a spectacular aura about
penetration is a hoax, wattage has nothing to do with penetration, the best "penetrating light" would be a 1mw laser light, it goes on foreverrrrr!
use INTENSITY instead
yes you need a certain amount of intensity to flower succesfully but not nearly as much as we tend to use
lower your lights, spead your lights, have a great overal spread and you dont need to worry about intensity

Old 10-18-2017, 06:46 PM #12
PoweredByLove
Most Loved

PoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of lightPoweredByLove is a glorious beacon of light
maybe if you only want buds at the very top of your plants. cfl and led screw bulbs are only produce useful light to 12 inches. your average hps 100w and above light is useful 2+ feet away.

also most of the heat in an screw in led/cfl bulb comes from the ballast built into the base of the bulb. most of the heat in a hps comes from the actual bulb itself.

i dunno wtf you guys are on about but im outta here. peaces.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:13 AM #13
Easy7

Easy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of lightEasy7 is a glorious beacon of light
Nah, heats comes from where there is current.

Penitration is far from a hoax. It depends a lot on spectrum that plants do not use. Certain colors in the light help the light travel. That's why some led add yellow.

Light tech and theory are stull evolving.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:55 AM #14
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
pfft penetration lol.

create a full canopy ftw.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:20 AM #15
Carraxe

Carraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the rough
"penetration" is something related with sex. I don't know why they started to use this term, but in the field of electricity, lighting and lighting efficiency this term doesn't exist.

Cheers
Carraxe is online now Quote

Old 10-19-2017, 12:13 PM #16
angelgoob

angelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really niceangelgoob is just really nice
Inverse square law.

We all know.

That's why you use 90 degree lenses.

It's funny CMH and HPS are coming out with "new technology" as their stupid old street lamps are being replaced with LED! hahaha

Old 10-19-2017, 01:41 PM #17
Carraxe

Carraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the roughCarraxe is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelgoob View Post
Inverse square law.

We all know.

That's why you use 90 degree lenses.

It's funny CMH and HPS are coming out with "new technology" as their stupid old street lamps are being replaced with LED! hahaha

You know, in public lighting ICR is veeeery important, that's why they are replacing. MH were the lamps with a good chromatic response and have been surpassed by LEDs.

Now is the moment we growers start replacing our sodium lamps by leds. The technology is there, efficiencies are already these of HP. We just need price reductions. I'll keep my 600W HPNa for a couple of years.

Cheers
Carraxe is online now Quote

Old 10-30-2017, 03:48 PM #18
MJPassion
Observer

MJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant futureMJPassion has a brilliant future
Imo, no experience yet...

LEDs are the future.
They've got a relatively long life (when manufactured well) & their spectrum is improving constantly. I've been looking at manufactured units made by CA Light Works because I'm nowhere near an electronics parts supplier for DIY. (Fawk)

@Easy7,
I'm curious where you got that fugure from? & has it been tested in the real world?
Is that figure good for any electrical conductor or is just copper or aluminum?
The physycal differences in the various conductors leads me to believe that what you state is a simple generalization. Ie... Silver oxide will conduct electricity much more effeciently that aluminum. Since heat is a result of friction wouldn't the material that has less resistance to electron flow run cooler? (If even a bit)
MJPassion is offline Quote

Old 11-01-2017, 02:22 AM #19
angelgoob

CFL many bulbs

HPS inefficent

Cree CXB3590's. Wooooo!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:48 PM #20
RedACD

RedACD will become famous soon enoughRedACD will become famous soon enough
COB LED's are the future.
RedACD is offline Quote