What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malana Cream RSC grow report

meizzwang

Thanks for sharing green, and I see you also ended up with a tree, haha! How's the aroma on your kumaoni? I'm noticing my 3 plants have a very similar aroma, although one is a bit more potent smelling than the others. Can't quite pinpoint what it is, but as the glands mature, it's starting to smell more and more like citrus.

Green

Veteran
Hey Meizzwang,

Thanks for your report on some of these Himalayan cultivators. Great photos. Yes these were planted mid July and ended up at 3m lol, multipurpose trees indeed. Mine are P2s OP and the smell I am subjectively getting is this heavenly sweet vanilla, white wedding cake cream. (Nothing like getting super high and smelling all the girls) With my plants and my nose, I'm not getting any citrus. Im thinking of curing for 6months and making some dry sift.

meizzwang

Okay, made some full melt bubblehash on the malanas, and suspecting that the trichomes are a bit on the smaller side, I ran them through a 74 micron screen. Regretfully, the yield was very low on all the plants I did. This is probably because the bulk of the material used came from the biggest plant, which appeared to have the smallest sized trichomes. I still have some more material to extract, so I'll do another run to see if a better yield can be obtained. Perhaps you need 60 micron for some of these plants! Interestingly, I tried to do a rosin squeeze on the most crystally plants, but wasn't able to get much out of it. Buds were near 65% RH in the bag at the time of squeezing, so moisture content was ideal.

SMOKE REPORT
Vaped some of the bubblehash, and the amazing aroma didn't quite translate into the flavor, but it was decent nevertheless. However, the high was AMAZING! What caught me off guard is that despite being a 100% sativa, there was a background feeling of a comfortable, warm body high to it. You feel pressure behind your eyes and light headed, but what's interesting is the dominant visual distortions: punto rojo, in contrast, has almost zero of this effect. In my opinion, the effects suggest this is more for relaxing and hanging out, not really the type of weed for extreme sports. It's crystal clear in the mind! Potencywise, even though I took many rips of full melt bubblehash, it wasn't very strong. Nevertheless, the effects were what I was looking for, A+ connossieur quality effects! Not for habitual stoners, but for occasional users looking for a quality high that's very unique and different from hybrid cannabis.

Some pictures of partially dried malana cream flowers for your viewing pleasure:
24596421548_8848c660a3_c.jpg

38412284046_662ed242c2_c.jpg

26692390339_5dfd34c05e_c.jpg

24596421208_d8e5ff0d6e_c.jpg

24596419378_a87bbd02d4_c.jpg

Last edited:

therevverend

Veteran
Impressive work on the grows this year Meizzwang. It's great to get reports on these exotic strains and it shows you don't have to live in the tropics to pull them off. Good info for the backyard cultivator and good groundwork if someone wanted to cross these classic landraces with modern high yield hybrids.

HELLO its really cool to see these indian strains gaining popularity amongs the master growers that come to this site. i have a lot of experience with indian strains i lived in india for eighteen years. i have theory. i am sure the op nows this but i will write for the sake of other readers like me. Malana is a village in the state of himachal in the himalayas in india. Malana Cream is the common name for high quality hand rubbed charas, the og kush of hash in india, becaus the village of malana makes some of the best. now those plants up there are always airy and low on yield just like the ones in the pics posted above. becaus they are bread ONLY for resin production and not bud. compact bud hides alot of tricomes in the middle, making it harder to obtain for the hash maker. i have been in those mountains fileds many times and always picked some of the best buds but once dried they always were useless to smoke for me atleast. these buds mae good charas thats it. another important point. why does malana charas gains so much fame? because malana is above 2000 meters above sea level. when cannabis grow at that altitude it produces slightly different cannabinoid profile give a unique buzz effect that only can be had from those high altitude charas farms. thus a malan strain if grown at low altitude will not give the same results as it does in its native villag hiugh up in the clouds.

Im'One

Has anyone grown the Rasoli? I purchased the highland Thai and got malana and rasoli as freebies! I understand there may be germination issues with Rasoli but hey I'm glad to get them!