What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How hot too hot or how warm too warm

3snowboards

It's chilly this morning and I've got an itch
Would like to pop a few seeds from a group i got from far far away where things have changed and seeds are rare rare.
Anyways chilly in my house
60ish in the kitchen
I have been keeping my lucky shot glass of ambient temp water in different spots trying to warm it to 85-90.any more ideas
don't suggest electric warm mat
picture.php

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Put them above the hot water tank...not directly on it.
85-90F water might be too hot to germinate.

Marijuana seeds can germinate in many temperature conditions, but grow best between 75 and 80 F. Cooler temperatures slow seed germination and promote fungal growth such as fusarium and pythium which can rot the seed and root. Temperatures above 90 degrees can also inhibit germination.

3snowboards

True
Every thing in the kitchen felt so cold @60°
I have a spot that stays about 80 but even that felt cool. Was trying to get the shot glass moving towards that temp

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You'll figure it out. Read up, know that cannabis likes it like humans...warm/airy/comfy.
Good luck!

XXX_710

the top of your refrigerator is often warmer, or near the coils

the temperature of the growing medium matters more for seeds than air temperature

Latest posts

Latest posts