What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anyone using a coffee grinder? pros and cons?

MrBungle

I like to wipe the lip of the bottom section where the top part rides, with some wax paper from time to time... it protects the grinder from sticking together if you have a particularly dense sticky strain..
I also keep a tiny instrument brush handy to clean off the screen... you'd be surprised how much kief hides in the lil nooks and crannies
And if I'm trying to collect kief in the bottom section, I never tip the damn thing over.. like everyone likes to do!

Cool lookin creepy crawly on top

Edit: and I always put the buds around the sides of the grinding chamber, It gets gummy if you fill the middle up where a magnet usually goes

Last edited:

RB56

Veteran
Just tried using a coffee grinder. 4 pulses and the texture matches what comes out of my Space Case. A few more for finer. Very nice!

Ringodoggie

Premium user
I would trade my kingdom for a decent grinder.

I am a heavy smoker and I smoke 15 to 20 joints a day so grinding and rolling supplies are a big deal to me.

The grinders that everyone seems to love (standard metal toothed grinders) are way too small for me. Even the big ones are only good for a couple joints. I usually grind a 1/4 oz at a time. Maybe a little less.

I can't find anything electric that works. And, with my arthritis, grinding herb by hand is a pain.

I found one thing that works well. It's not electric but it's cheap and it works great. Probably not fine enough for your Volcano use. But, just perfect for rolling joints.

Bed Bath and Beyond..... the one on the left.

Attachments

• bb-1.jpg
    bb-1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 11

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
A sharp chef knife will always out perform a grinder.

Brush up on your knife skills.

Easy set up and clean up.