What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Terp Trommel!

attachment.php

here it is! gw at it again.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.19.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.19.50 AM.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 13

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hee, hee, hee, snicker, snark, snort!!!......a picture of Pharmgold's rolled film molecular still by Pharmer Joe.

A6 Grower

Veteran
haha thats awesome, I saw the motor up there and was like "What?? A full SS GW-made thin film???" Thats pretty damn slick man, good work!

BigJohnny

Rolled film molecular still.

Google "wiped film evaporator"

found this video. Interesting.

So this doesn't extract, but how do you use it? Like do you put the butane/bho mix into this to evap and recover the tane or....?

[YOUTUBEIF]jRieOgIKdMQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

found this video. Interesting.

So this doesn't extract, but how do you use it? Like do you put the butane/bho mix into this to evap and recover the tane or....?

[YOUTUBEIF]jRieOgIKdMQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

This is for the separation and purification of the component compounds of BHO. Finished BHO goes in and get separated into different fractions (cannabinoids, terpenes, lipids, sugars, etc).

Old Gold

Don't know if the word's official, but some have heard 75-100k...the triclamp use reminds me of of the Rojirohr!!

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha thats awesome, I saw the motor up there and was like "What?? A full SS GW-made thin film???" Thats pretty damn slick man, good work!

Pharmer Joe gets credit for this one! I just helped with some design details.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats the throughput on this machine? Cost? How much more efficient than Kugelrohrs?

I asked PJoe to provide me with the end specs after final testing, and will post them when I receive them.

It is a 4" rolled film still and roughly it does in about 20 minutes, what it took our Kugelrohr all day to accomplish.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why so much?

I'm not the right person to have that conversation with, but my guess watching the project, it is because it has some expensive components and is pretty spendy to build here in the good old US of A, using premier suppliers and labor.

I do know it doesn't include extra normal markup or profits, and the real question is really utility at the margin (bang for $). How much does it cost to buy and how much does it cost per gram to operate?

What would it be worth, if it out performed all the competition and paid for itself on the first run?

snake11

Don't know if the word's official, but some have heard 75-100k...the triclamp use reminds me of of the Rojirohr!!

If it's that expensive I don't see anyone buying these. Although I am sure there are those who will buy regardless of the price since it's GW. This does not have the capabilities of a wiped film short path but if those prices are true it is more expensive then the current market leaders. Cost more but does less does not seen like a winning proposition. I'm interested in seeing what the official price will be.

BigJohnny

I'm not the right person to have that conversation with, but my guess watching the project, it is because it has some expensive components and is pretty spendy to build here in the good old US of A, using premier suppliers and labor.

I do know it doesn't include extra normal markup or profits, and the real question is really utility at the margin (bang for $). How much does it cost to buy and how much does it cost per gram to operate?

What would it be worth, if it out performed all the competition and paid for itself on the first run?

I have to ask, how the hell do you guys make this shit? Do you just come up with an idea and then contact some kind of manufacturer to make the parts or the units themselves based on your designs?

I mean this Still looks like it was made by a multi billion dollar pharmaceutical company.....

I'm still a little confused on how this works though, like do you put "shatter" into this and it separates the terps and stuff? Wouldn't shatter or purged oil be too thick?
What is the purpose of separating all these compounds?

I feel like a complete idiot around here sometimes, even though I have technical skill and knowledge out the ass.