What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

24 new clones lighting help please

Full lighting I will have 6x600hps going. 4 plants under each.... to start the new clones should I run all 6?? Or can I get away with running 8 plants between 3 lights for a few days till they get used to MH 600watt??? Also, clones are coming from 24 hours I think. Will dropping down to 18:6 be an issue? I had clones last time from 24 hours not like the drop in time. Should I maybe go do 20/4 for a couple days? Or a week? then 18/6 to help minimize anything?? Thanks.

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
ive dropped from 24 to 18:6 with no issues for 15 years but hey if you wanna be cautious i dont see issues tapering down

Tahoe22

What size containers did you transplant into if you've transplanted at all yet?

Personally? Do as follows. Put cuts in very small pots or cups straight from cloner.. soak with plain water (no PH adjustment) till water is leaking out of the bottom. Let it drain/clean up and turn on one light to keep them all under. Usually use 1k's so turn it down to 50% in that case. You use 600's so you should be able to keep it at 100% just keep the light raised up 3-4 ft above the clones.

Keep an eye on them in about 2-3 days they'll be almost dry but not quite (don't let them get bone dry at this point if you can help it). At that point hit them with a nice strong veg mix and some silica if you have some on hand. They should dry out just about every other day at this point, so give them two more feedings with the veg mix before giving them plain water again and by that point they should be good to transplant.

Put them into either 5, 7 or 10 gallon containers depending on how fast your strain vegs and how much root space she likes. Water her in with a nice veg mix and then spread them out 4 to a light and turn all 6 of them on.

If you have low ceiling space you might want to turn them down to 50% to start but if you can still keep 3-4 feet in between the lights and canopy you'll be ok. At this point if you had to turn them down to 50% just wait one or two feedings and they should start to look nice and happy. That's when you can turn them up to 100%.

As they get stronger of course you'll want to lower your lights as much as you can without hurting your ladies but all that's left before flipping at that point is to veg them for 3-4 weeks and train them how you'd like :pimp3:

Tahoe22

Also third what Ace and Smooth said about packing them together. If you want to save $ on elec thats the way to go. Never done anything below 24hr veg personally but have had buddies that run 18/6 and 16/8. Only complaints heard from them so far is that once in a while when popping seeds sometimes they've encountered plants that seem to trigger flowering phase with anything under 24hrs

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
20:4 is better than 18:6 as you get the benefit of both synchronising their sleep and more light if they need it. Which many do.

Half your lights, and maybe humidity bells.

Tahoe22

20:4 is better than 18:6 as you get the benefit of both synchronising their sleep and more light if they need it. Which many do.

Half your lights, and maybe humidity bells.

Have you experimented with/noticed a large difference in speed of growth between 24/0 as opposed to 20/4 or are they too similar to differentiate between?

Thanks all... I’ll start them with 20-4 and go from there... quick question, clones I’m getting only rooting for about 12-15days is that a huge Nono???? Will I meet issues with roots not fully developed? And if so, any pointers?

Latest posts

Latest posts