What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Gummy Trials: The Last Gummy Recipe

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
My gummies are terrible. I made a few important mistakes that didn't seem all that relevant. I used coconut oil but just squeezed tithrough a mesh coffee filter. I should have either used everclear to make oil or a tinctures or clarified the coconut oil by boiling it and pulling off water or something. My gummies smell and taste like weed. Second they didn't dry. I skipped the step of standing them on end. I used a smaller amount of weed to prevent getting an overwhelming buzz from one gummies and mine barely give you a buzz at all. I'm not sure if leaving the oil in the instapot too long was an issue. Sweetsue advice to leave the oil over night was confusing since my pot help the oil on warm for five hours before I turned it off.
I wish I had followed my first inclination to use the everclear tinctures or evaporated iso oil.
One batch very clearly has oil residue all over it. I needed a second person to help stir while I pulled off the mix with the turkey baster.
I used orange jello and could have added more flavoring. Putting citric acid on them helps but the ones I covered in corn starch after citric acid dried out better.
I like the recipe but I should have had more weed, more mold and another helper. I wasn't clear about how you use the coconut oil. More direction there would have helped.
Having said all this I have to say the recipe was more detail than any other recipes found.

When I used to make coconut oil with flower I clarified it with water. How I did this is gather the oil into a mason jar or big bowl that fits in the freezer and add equal water an put in freezer. Chlorophyll is water-soluble and can be pulled from this process by doing it four or five times until the water comes out clear. As to The best process to make infused coconut oil, there are tons of recipes on here you can use. Don’t use orange Jell-O because it sucks hiding weed flavor. I tried using it when I tried to make POG juice flavor an hated it. I don’t do the standing up anymore and just let them dry in the tray for two hours after they come out of the freezer. Then I pop them out into a Tupperware for the corn starch toss/dusting.

For my infused coconut oil I use hash rosin that I make which makes the flavor a lot more tolerable using higher strength doses. I highly suggest trying to find the Jolly rancher Jell-O’s because they mask the flavor so much.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
So after reading this thread the other day, I'm walking through Big Lots, and up on the top shelf was this big-ass three gallon jar of coconut oil! I almost bought it, but I thought I'd check back on this thread and see 1) Is this what I need? 2) Is buying my coconut oil at Big Lots likely to be a good idea? Any advice welcome.

I explored the idea of making gummies a couple years ago, but I got stumped because I only have made canna butter, and canna butter isn't what you need to do it. I have boxes and boxes of flavored and unflavored gelatin, waiting to be Gummified! I wanna get Gummified too!
peppermintstick.gif

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
So after reading this thread the other day, I'm walking through Big Lots, and up on the top shelf was this big-ass three gallon jar of coconut oil! I almost bought it, but I thought I'd check back on this thread and see 1) Is this what I need? 2) Is buying my coconut oil at Big Lots likely to be a good idea? Any advice welcome.

I explored the idea of making gummies a couple years ago, but I got stumped because I only have made canna butter, and canna butter isn't what you need to do it. I have boxes and boxes of flavored and unflavored gelatin, waiting to be Gummified! I wanna get Gummified too!View Image

I use on the higher quality organic virgin coconut oil but im sure any will do. Time to get gummied my friend 👊🏽

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
So I AM in the ballpark. I'll go back and take that big bottle down off that top shelf and give it a closer look. Gummied, yes, but gummified is nice too, dontcha think? Rhymes with mummified, and God-I'm-Fried. Fly on!

Im'One

When I used to make coconut oil with flower I clarified it with water. How I did this is gather the oil into a mason jar or big bowl that fits in the freezer and add equal water an put in freezer. Chlorophyll is water-soluble and can be pulled from this process by doing it four or five times until the water comes out clear. As to The best process to make infused coconut oil, there are tons of recipes on here you can use. Don’t use orange Jell-O because it sucks hiding weed flavor. I tried using it when I tried to make POG juice flavor an hated it. I don’t do the standing up anymore and just let them dry in the tray for two hours after they come out of the freezer. Then I pop them out into a Tupperware for the corn starch toss/dusting.

For my infused coconut oil I use hash rosin that I make which makes the flavor a lot more tolerable using higher strength doses. I highly suggest trying to find the Jolly rancher Jell-O’s because they mask the flavor so much.
By hash rosin do you mean an everclear extract?
We used to call hash oil?

Thanks! My dosage is actually about right, one large gummies helps you sleep but two will make you have a good time before sending you off to a good night's rest. Will try this again.

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
By hash rosin do you mean an everclear extract?
We used to call hash oil?

Thanks! My dosage is actually about right, one large gummies helps you sleep but two will make you have a good time before sending you off to a good night's rest. Will try this again.

Rosin made from hash, not hash oil.

Bigbruce

When infusing the oil can you heat the tbsp’s of coconut oil and then add honey oil? I tried this once and used to much oil, it separated and I don’t know how much honey oil made it into the gummies. Trying to get it right haha

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
So do these gummies come out greasy or oily at all?

mine didn't, the texture was just like store gummies. I used a really clean extract in mine so there was no "weedy" taste either. Best recipe I've ever used, just pay attention to the details and don't deviate from them.

A couple things I changed:

I used plastic squeeze bottles to more quickly fill the molds and they work great, but two important points:

1) They get too hot to handle when you put the hot mix in them so wear gloves.

2) If you fill them all the way up and then point them down to fill the molds you will have a molten lava launcher in your hands! Fill them half way and carefully, slowly tilt them down so gravity and inertia don't cause the molten gummy mix to spew out like a weapon :biggrin:

Arthritis_sucks

The Dude
Veteran
mine didn't, the texture was just like store gummies. I used a really clean extract in mine so there was no "weedy" taste either. Best recipe I've ever used, just pay attention to the details and don't deviate from them.

A couple things I changed:

I used plastic squeeze bottles to more quickly fill the molds and they work great, but two important points:

1) They get too hot to handle when you put the hot mix in them so wear gloves.

2) If you fill them all the way up and then point them down to fill the molds you will have a molten lava launcher in your hands! Fill them half way and carefully, slowly tilt them down so gravity and inertia don't cause the molten gummy mix to spew out like a weapon :biggrin:

Not sure if I posted it up, but I use a silicone squeeze bottle from “Wilton” they sell at craft stores in the chocolate mold section. Helps a ton with the heat. I also double glove up for the pour.

I see ya learned about the gummy launcher 😂

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Not sure if I posted it up, but I use a silicone squeeze bottle from “Wilton” they sell at craft stores in the chocolate mold section. Helps a ton with the heat. I also double glove up for the pour.

I see ya learned about the gummy launcher 😂

I made another batch today. first mold was a mess, got much better after that.

Another thing I do is leave the molds in the freezer for 2-3 days to help them dry out a bit. Dust with cornstarch/citric acid and they are good for packaging after that.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
As I was mulling all this over, I came across this, a recipe for WINE gummies. Weird idea, because how could eating a gummy ever be more convenient than just taking a sip of wine?
WINE GUMMIES RECIPE
wine_gummy_bears_recipe-1360x759.jpg

Im'One

Would rosin from a dispensary be easy to use? I'm running low on flower and don't want mess up.