What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pre-98 Bubba Kush x (Katsu x Bubba) Test grow

Hello, I let them cure for a couple of weeks and wanted to experience them at different stages to give a better feel. First pictured is the Katsu Leaning pheno. The smoke on this one is complex. Smells of musk, earth, and hops. Had several friends refer to it as smelling similar to a good IPA. This one is not my personal favorite, but for Bubba lovers-grade A. The smoke is expansive, but smooth, and the aftertaste is very, very Hoppy and leaves the flavor in your mouth for awhile. Very strong medicinal effects, and while I smoke 1gram~ a day, this one is best for a late afternoon session paired with a good brew and some friends.

This is the Pre-98 leaner. Creamy, mocha and chocolate is what the jar smells of as soon as you open it. It's such a heavy feeling smell, almost like it doesn't want to come out of the jar. When a nug is broken up howevr is when this girl shines. Incense and perfume join with the mocha smell to create a herb that is obviously a painkiller. The smoke is smooth like the smell, and the taste carries over even into the exhaled smoke. The flavor lingers in your mouth and brings to mind a warm night in front of the fire wrapped in a blanket while the weather and world beats with all of its might to get in, but luckily this lovely lady is the gate keeper. The effects are perfect for the night. Calm feelings slowly drift throughout your body and you will feel the need to stretch as the stress and tension of the day slowly unwind from your mind. This was my favorite pheno for sure, and I can't believe it took 1 pack of testers to find two of the main phenotypes of the parents. I attempted to reveg both, because many people liked the Katsu leaner, but the only one that has taken off is the pre-98 leaner. I would definitely recommend this strain to everyone. Thank you VerdentGreen:tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hello, I let them cure for a couple of weeks and wanted to experience them at different stages to give a better feel. First pictured is the Katsu Leaning pheno. The smoke on this one is complex. Smells of musk, earth, and hops. Had several friends refer to it as smelling similar to a good IPA. This one is not my personal favorite, but for Bubba lovers-grade A. The smoke is expansive, but smooth, and the aftertaste is very, very Hoppy and leaves the flavor in your mouth for awhile. Very strong medicinal effects, and while I smoke 1gram~ a day, this one is best for a late afternoon session paired with a good brew and some friends.
. https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60824&pictureid=1486148View Image

This is the Pre-98 leaner. Creamy, mocha and chocolate is what the jar smells of as soon as you open it. It's such a heavy feeling smell, almost like it doesn't want to come out of the jar. When a nug is broken up howevr is when this girl shines. Incense and perfume join with the mocha smell to create a herb that is obviously a painkiller. The smoke is smooth like the smell, and the taste carries over even into the exhaled smoke. The flavor lingers in your mouth and brings to mind a warm night in front of the fire wrapped in a blanket while the weather and world beats with all of its might to get in, but luckily this lovely lady is the gate keeper. The effects are perfect for the night. Calm feelings slowly drift throughout your body and you will feel the need to stretch as the stress and tension of the day slowly unwind from your mind. This was my favorite pheno for sure, and I can't believe it took 1 pack of testers to find two of the main phenotypes of the parents. I attempted to reveg both, because many people liked the Katsu leaner, but the only one that has taken off is the pre-98 leaner. I would definitely recommend this strain to everyone. Thank you VerdentGreen:tiphat:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60824&pictureid=1503557View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60824&pictureid=1503558View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60824&pictureid=1503560View Image

thats brilliant, thanks for the great report. im no expert on the katsu, but your description of the pre-98 pheno could be a report on the cut itself! very promising for this line!
:woohoo:
VG

Latest posts

Latest posts