What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lemon Thai x Deep Chunk

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Very interesting cross to say the least... I just hope that the Deep Chunk won't dominate excessively and add too much of a couch lock to the overall effect!

Vibes! ;)

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the encouragement guys!

early on the plants looked somewhat DC dominant, but now they are flowering you can clearly see and smell the lemon thai's influence. there is good vigor and some internodal spacing much better than straight DC, the perpene profile so far is much more LT than DC. it has that 'clear' lemon smell and the 'cleaner' type terpenes are starting to come through. Hopefully the high will also be influenced by the LT because im sure anyone who has smoked straight LT will agree that it is the very antethesis of couchlock!

as well as cross the LTDC to Chem D, the plan is also to cross it with the Bubba next round, which is pretty much another three-way that some peeps think might be where OG came from - Hashplant x Lemon thai x afghan.

VG

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Hi VG

I always heard real deal ChemD do throw nanners but ChemD pollen is sterile. Nice cross u got there, I was looking for Lemon Thai and waiting on bodhi release.

Thx for sharing

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey LAMBS, i defininitely have the real cut, the one with the leaf marbling. I have also been chatting to someone who has grown out Chem D S1s. I think rez may have spun a few yarns about the futility of Chem D S1s but then he had his seedlines to protect so i would take them with a pinch of salt!
that said, the plant i am reversing has plenty of nanners but so far very little pollen but if you collect a load of open male flowers and rub them between your fingers there is a bit of yellow dust which appears to make the pistils wither - although it is very early days and i have been wrong about this before :)
lots more male flowers still to pop so im hoping i will be able to make this cross and a few S1s as well... fingers crossed i should know better next week

VG

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Good stuff. I remember gawking at your crazy list of crosses a few years ago. If you ever decide that you just have too many seeds to sort, hit me up!
I think I remember you growing out some of your other dc crosses. If so, how did those come out?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey gil,i grew out Bubba x DC and it was good but DC wasnt right for a bubba bx, too dominant on the flavor. Hopefully the LT terpenes will breed more true against DC which can be quite dominant. the way they are smelling i think that may be the case

a friend grew out the LTDC and Blueberry x DC and liked them both, but loved the LTDC.

VG

browntrout

Veteran
Blueberry x DC should be a stellar hybrid. I find DC crosses improve the specific flavor of the opposing parent.

I have always thought DC x BB would be killer after trying many of cannacopias DC crosses. Cannacopia also has a Lemon grass thai x DC that may be comparable.

Would love to see some pics of it.

BT

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Thanks VG. Can't wait to see how these turn out! Break some more seeds out of the vault. I miss watching your grows!

Looking forward to the comparison between the Chem vs. Bubba crosses. Mid flower pics show a pleasant friendship between the dutch flowers thai and Tom's DC. Curious if the intial results show a hashy note behind the limonene. Again as is expected Verdant, on point.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, browntrout i will be very happy if this cross behaves similarly to your observations with the flavor.
MJ i will report back on more detail on the smells over the next weeks, i dont want to get too excited about them in case the odours evolve away from what they are like now.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
couple more pics from today... just over 6 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys, i'll try and get a full set of pics of the 5 plants next week.

the pollination with reversed Chem D pollen.... i really cant tell for sure if its worked yet but it may well have.

VG