What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1 grow

ambertrich

Veteran
Plant #3: 32 days

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

SS-

Looking good bro. The burnt hairs you have you're sure from the spinosad? I had the same problem in my 4x4 when I foliared w floralicious but didn't have my oscillating fan on. Was a combo of liquid on the bud as well as the heat as the buds with burnt hairs are directly under the hottest spot of the hood.(right under the bulb.)

ambertrich

Veteran
Hey SS,

I think you are spot on, man. This was the first time I have used spinosad and was not sure if it could be from that. But, after reading your response, it all makes sense. That is exactly what happened, I believe. I had used Floralicious Plus foliar with a tad of CaMg or epsom a couple times at least one time of which the fans weren't on.

I think I saw where you are or have grown VG's Bubba S1 as well. How'd she turn out for ya?

ambertrich

Veteran
Time for a little update on the 3 girls. Seem to be doing well up to now.

Got some pics of them from 40 days in to 12/12.

Plant #1 @ 40 days:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ambertrich

Veteran
Bueno Time, thanks bro. I'm really digging your DIY COB LED grow. One day I gotta take the plunge into LED's.

VG, how's it going man? Had a hard time trying to pin down smells earlier. At one point was getting sort of a grapey background. But, when I took them out for pics the last time was getting a definite coffee aroma coming from all three. I'm happy cause thats what I was looking for.

DJXX, yeah they're beginning to color up nice. Hopefully get some more color in the next week or so.

ambertrich

Veteran
So, last week was a bit of an ordeal. These girls are in a 4x4 tent in an upstairs room that is already a little warmer that the rest of the house. Well, last sunday the upstairs cental air unit bit the big one. Temps where I am have been in the low 90's for the last month almost. Needless to say the ambient temps in the room were hitting 85 or so Sunday and Monday. Had a new unit installed Monday, worked Monday night and stopped sometime before sun up on Tuesday. Had to wait till late Tuesday afternoon till it was working again. Apparently it wasn't programmed right. Temps are now back to where they should be, but the damage is done.

Am growing some of Highlighter's Apollo 11 BX and Kryptonite OrgetaxOG in the same tent. The Apollos are foxtailing like mad. The OrtegaxOG not as bad, but is foxtailing. The Bubbas are showing a bit of foxtail, but not super crazy like the A11.

Also think some of this foxtailing (on the A11 especially) may also be due to the Floralicious Plus being in the feed soln. and the foliars I did. Something to think about before next round.

So, all said, I think this has just delayed the finish by an extra week or so. Will let them all go 9 weeks or till they tell me no mas.

Started Flush today (day 54) with pH tap water. Will give at least a week or maybe two if they look like they will need it.

Always some kinda drama. Just gotta deal and keep pushing on.

ambertrich

Veteran
Here are some pics at 50 days 12/12 (maybe two days after temp back under control).

Plant #1 @ 50 days:

picture.php

picture.php

You can see a some foxtailing in this pic:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking real good still even with the issues you had. What are the smells like on those ladies?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look good, a little heat stress but still some handsome plants

i think you are right to go 8-9 weeks. the bubba often looks ready a bit earlier than this but most peeps say to take it at least 60 days.

VG

ambertrich

Veteran
Bueno Time, the bubbas didn't get too off track from the heat. Not nearly as much as was worried they would.
Am getting a bit of a spicy/mint when I try to get a good whiff, but notice a distinct coffee/mocha aroma when moving the girls around. The cure should tell the tale on these ladies.

VG, gotta say these babies took a lickin' and kept on tickin'. Was worried about them throwing nanners from the heat stress. Just chopped them a couple days ago and notice a few early stage nanners, but think these are more from letting them go 70 days or so than the heat stress. I guess could be a combo. Didn't see any pollen released from the few I found.

I am glad of that as I hit the a few lower buds on #1 and #2 with pollen from a nice male of Highlighters Apollo 11 BX. Should give a bit more head to the Bubba.

ambertrich

Veteran
All three girls were chopped on day 70 (or 71). Gave a week more than planned due to the heat stress and foxtailing plus wanted to give the seeds plenty of time to ripen (BKxA11bx). They colored up nicely the last couple weeks. Night time temps were around 68-69F.

Ok, some pics of the girls just before getting the axe.

BK#1 @70 days:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php