What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1 grow

ambertrich

Veteran
Got lucky and scored a pack of VG's Bubba Kush S1's off the bay and had to make a spot asap to see what they got.

First off, thanks to VG for putting these out. These will be the first BK nonhybrid have had a chance to give a go.

So, on with the show.

Dropped three seeds in some water and let em soak till they all had tails. All three popped, no problems. Then straight into Solo cups with straight Canna coco. Gave 'em 50 days veg, first under PLL's then MH for a bit.
Went from Solos to 5"x5" pots then to 2 gallon smarties with an inch or two of hydroton on the bottom. Waited till could see signs of roots filling up and then the flip.

Feeding Maxibloom all the way through
Drip Clean @ 1ml
SM-90 @ 2-3ml
Protekt @ 2ml
Floralicous Plus @ 1/2-1ml in flower
MgSO4 - a pinch here and there(CaMg when looks like is needed)
Hand watered up till about 3 weeks flower, then went to a PICO manifold and feeding 3x/day (hand watering gets old fast, plus the manifold is more consistant)
DTW

1K galaxy dimmable @ 1K
MH for first two weeks 12/12, then HPS till done
4x4 SJ DR120II
3x3 flood table
SSII hood
Phresh filter 6x24, 6" Hurricane fan for exhaust

Did not get any early veg shots, though I do have some from 33, 41 and 50 days of veg in my albums (can post some if interested, VG).

There are three phenos, one tall, one runt and one in between.

ambertrich

Veteran
Ok, now some pics of the girls in flower. They are @ about 6 weeks in, but I will put up shots of them from a bit over two weeks to some shots got at 40 days 12/12.

Plant (pheno) #1 the Tall one@ 18 days 12/12:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they look lovely! presumably you topped them in veg to get them to branch out so well?

feel free to post some earlier flower pics too. always good to see some nice healthy plants :)

ambertrich

Veteran
VG, my plant #3 (the Runt) reminds me of your plant #1 that did not survive you 10 day absence in the BK S1 info and grow along thread. What do you think?

ambertrich

Veteran
DJXX, thats what I want to hear!!

VG, you are absolutely right. Topped each once around 4th or 5th node, I think. Rest is LST started around the last 10 days or week of veg.

Will post up the only earlier flower shots I have.

DJXX

Veteran
nice training...i had to clean out the underbrush on mine.....grows just like my Urkle cut...slow veg and massive undergrowth...you are in for a treat...DJXX

ambertrich

Veteran
Plant #1 @ 25 days:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A little bit of burnt hairs from Neem/spinosad foliar treatment, bounced back nice though.

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey man you may be right about the No 3 runt bing similar to the one i lost!

i certainly remember deep serrations on the leaves, and the leaves were also very large and thin - are yours the same?

plants look lovely, great to see a grow show on the bubba S1s in such detail!

respect

VG

ambertrich

Veteran
Hey VG, the leaves on that #3 of mine were large and thin in veg, but don't remember the serrations being more pronounced than the other two. Hmmm, have to think on that a minute.

Thanks for the kind words.

ambertrich

Veteran
Some more flower shots.

Starting to show a little color on buds and underside of leaves as well as putting on some frost :biggrin:

Plant #1: 32 days 12/12

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts