What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mr.Greengenes Cherry Bomb F2

vapor

Veteran
I had a cherry bomb female from green genes that was killer lots of little buds all over a stretchy big plant. The smell was familiar you would recognize it in a heart beat if you had it before, hard to put my finger on after all these year{i can taste it in my mind but words escape me atm}. I am going to have to look in the freezer i think i might have some crosses to different males red stems and non red stem if i recall.... yea cherry bomb should be in the cut stable....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
for sure vapor. we've been getting some nice sunshine in the UK and the CB is a perfect strain for smoking on a hot summers day.

nice kind sativa high and it doesnt mong you out on the comedown.

ive sent all the new names to clarence for the invite only so hopefully you all should be hearing from him or at least you should be able to buy soon. there were still some packs left when i looked this morning.

GL

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ok ive heard from clarence and all the peeps who sent me their seedbay username should now be invited - get em while they're still there.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi youmad, i may try and make some moe seeds in the future, i still have a few of Mr G's originals in the vault... but it wont be for a while im afraid

cheers

VG

bf80255

hi youmad, i may try and make some moe seeds in the future, i still have a few of Mr G's originals in the vault... but it wont be for a while im afraid

cheers

VG

How much longer would you estimate? I recenlty picked up a pack of the cherrybomb on the bay but its been a couple of weeks and still not a single one has broke soil :/ really want these genes!! Any idea of when these will be made available again?

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi bf, im afraid it wont be for probably a year at least.

what went wrong with the germination? these were some of the fattest seeds i have ever made and they were tested.

VG

seymourbud

hi bf, im afraid it wont be for probably a year at least.

what went wrong with the germination? these were some of the fattest seeds i have ever made and they were tested.

VG

Dropped one, popped one, got myself a female. She is 10 days into flowering. She has been quite the stretcher as well, 3x-4x. Had to do some creative bending to keep her out of the lights. Will let you know more in the next few weeks.

bf80255

Ill post pics of the pack i got when im at my computer, idk i dont think it was your fault at all i think your an awesone grower and breeder maybe shippingvrelated im not sure but i pop a lot of seeds abd nothing unusual just hasbt happened yet only been 2 weeks and some change whats was the average germ time on yours?
That sucks about them not being in stock for so long i wanted to start a big project with these :(

ambertrich

Veteran
bf80255, sorry you're having so much trouble getting your beans to germinate.

I dropped 6 Cherry Bomb into water and had tails in about 36hours on all 6. Planted in straight coco in 5oz mini solo cups, all 6 were up above the coco in 24 hours. Don't think it is the seeds.

Maybe there is still hope for your beans to come through. Wish you best of luck with them.

bf80255

im not the best grower in the world but im pretty sure i know how to crack seeds (see attachments) and these just never worked for me, oh well ill just have to wait another year i guess :(
i was going to do some major preservation work with these genes before they get too diluted with out ol mr.G to manage selections.
( im a better breeder than grower :D )

Attachments

• 2014-03-01_08-25-51_528.jpg
    2014-03-01_08-25-51_528.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 30
  • 2014-04-07_08-36-50_400.jpg
    2014-04-07_08-36-50_400.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 33

bf80255

thank you very much for that information Verdant, I now have an even deeper respect for you and will be buying from you again in the future whenever you decide to make more cherrybomb seeds :)
(i cant pm you or write on your wall yet sorry)
1 of my girls did come up on september 3rd but i figured it was a random seed i accidentally dropped into the tray, im almost positive now its a cherry bomb but i wont know for sure for a couple more weeks.
if its female ill flower it out and post pics when shes done, male..... TBD

vapor

Veteran
I put seeds in paper towel today i will post pics as we grow peace....thanks VD{ never thought i would say that lol jk}, seriously thanks years ago i enjoyed cb very much! looking forward!

seymourbud

Day 22 flowering, pistils starting to get a red hue. She is very bent in order
to stay under the lights, but she has adapted pretty well. Still no discernable
smell from the bud or stem rub.

Cool Moe

Veteran
Hey Verdant, just got a pack of these started with perfect germination rate, popped like firecrackers. After 48 hours in paper towels all 10 had 1-2 inch tails. After one night in soil all 10 are up and above and ready for action. Can't wait to see what they bring going forward but they started with extreme vigor and popped better than any seeds I've ever had. Thanks for the great beans.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great moe, thanks for posting that. Mr.G really did a great job of keeping vigor in this line, especially when it is so inbred. the very large seeds help too.

let us know how you get on,

VG