What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Fat Bubba, Bubba Bx1 and Bubba Kush IBL

F

Folate

I have a nice looking FB female with perfume being the strongest scent.
I've re-read the thread and incense had been used to describe the Bubba expression.
Just about to change its schedule and am anxious for whats to come!

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I'm pretty sure mine is a boy:( I'd love to keep it, and use the pollen, but last time I did that I pollinated my whole room! Probably get the chop once I'm certain. I've got 5 more seeds to find a nice girl.
Here's a pre flower, what do you guys think?

Coba

Veteran
I'm pretty sure mine is a boy:( I'd love to keep it, and use the pollen, but last time I did that I pollinated my whole room! Probably get the chop once I'm certain. I've got 5 more seeds to find a nice girl.
Here's a pre flower, what do you guys think?
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52327&pictureid=1257605View Image https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52327&pictureid=1257604View Image
doesn't look positively male yet to me. but, the asymmetrical node growth in the second pic means it's sexually mature ... been so for a while it looks. late pre-flowers like that usually suggests female. also, one pre-flower per node suggests female too.

I'd wait for a couple of days just to be 100%

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I waited until there was no doubt, but unfortunately mine was a boy. I have 5 more seeds, so I should still get at least one female. I want to crack them now, but I really don't have room yet. I'll update here when ever I do.
-gil

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
just been smoking a bud or two of the Fat Bubba that i had kept from the F2 seed run. This stuff is seriously potent! me and my friends were properly 'shock and awe' stoned from it which doesnt happen so often these days.
There should a a few more test grows popping up for the FB F2s pretty soon.

VG

p.s. Tipz, was it my Bubba S1s you were running? im surprised you would spend money on such beans when you are so fundamentally against chemical reversal...

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
I just put my last fb beans in the wet paper towel. I had 6 left. Along with a bunch of relentless stuff. Hopefully I won't kill them, and I'll get some girls! I'll update when they start moving.
-gil

Gil Tokerson

Veteran
Well...I suck at starting seeds. I'm doing something wrong. They all cracked, but none ever popped up once I put them in the soil? I did the same exact method for my bdb f2, and all 12 popped up. This time I did 6 fat bubba, and 12other seeds. Out of all that only 2 popped up.
Back to the drawing board. I'm really sorry I dropped the ball on these VG. I was really looking forward to trying them.
-gil

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
What soil? FFOF is too hot for most seeds. Coco's a nice seed starter, I recommend the bricks since a bad bag claimed a couple packs last year (bugs.)

whiteberrieS

Ignominious and Pale
Veteran
Yeah I'd recommend something else just based on my experience with their rooters, think I got 1 or 2 out of 8 to root the other ones rotted. Holds the water like a camel. Rapid rooters for cuts and coco for beans :good:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi gil, sounds like you had some issues with that compost to get such poor rates from multiple strains of seeds. everyone has to find the way that works for them with seeds. i just put mine in soil and keep wet, with 30% perlite in the mix. never germed before planting, perhaps a few hours soaking in water. others do well with other methods, and everyone will tell you that their way is best ;)

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey rick, yes i made the bx to the pre-98 cut but only got about 100 or so seeds, so at some point i will be popping as many as i can and then inbreeding a select few to take the line further. that wont be for a while because i have another bubba project on the go.... more about that later if all goes well.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there are some pics in the thread and some in my gallery.

von had some amazing pics but they got deleted with his account

ambertrich

Veteran
Hey VG.

Finally had to do it, dropped 5 Fat Bubba f2's into a cup of some water and a few drops of peroxide.

24 hours and 3 have tails, one looks close and the fifth has yet to sink-still holding out hope for that one. Will try to crack it tonight if no action, and will drop another seed to keep the number at 5 if still no go from this one.

Can't lose with these, get Bubba leaning phenos or Sour Bubble leaning phenos - its a win either way.

picture.php

:ying: