What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

ACTINOVATE FUNGICIDE (Grey mold, Root Rot, Damping off, Powdery Mildew )

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Great question. I really don't wanna use eagle20. Organic pm preventative anyone?

Essential oils, neem, calciums, silica, and environmental control.
I dont get it OD anymore, even in the PNW but indoors i can still get it to express if I am lazy/neglectful with my environment.

With a small enough garden, it can be erradicated. With a big enough garden, no treatment/prevention will work. So numbers vs available man labor is another factor to think about. My problems in the garden, all of them, always stem from my being unable to devote the attention and recources i need to towards my garden. At that point i either reduce the size of my garden or reduce the amount of time i spend away from my garden; whichever Life lets me do at that time.

Last edited:

Lyfespan

whats everyone using to combat PM now that actinovate isnt sold in cali

why would you think this wasnt being sold here in cali anymore? monsanto even has a special label for cali same actives just different labels

http://www.monsanto.com/sitecollectiondocuments/bioag/united-states/labels/actinovateag_biofungi_18oz_case_calif_4_13114.pdf

http://www.monsanto.com/sitecollectiondocuments/bioag/united-states/labels/actinovateag_biofungi_510g_case_usa_5_13098.pdf

DONAJTHEIII

sm-90 mixed with neem and essential oils always seems to do the trick for me when caught early but the most critical part after treatment is to make sure you have a PROPER GROWING ENVIRONMENT AND CLEAN CUTS.

Or theres no point in a spray if you keep reinfecting cuts

maybe someone can chime in about caps foliar pack does that combat pm ??

:tiphat:

BubbaBear

Caps foliar pack failed to prevent or combat my PM as well as Actinovate but I had some of that hardcore PM that you get from Call clone shops that's also resistant to Eagle 20. Two clean solutions I found that can be used in flower are Green Cure at half strength after the initial application alternated with ozonated water.

The question was asked about oxidate a while back, but I didn't see if anyone responded..

http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-8539-biosafe-disease-control-32-oz-rts.aspx
http://www.johnnyseeds.com/p-6907-oxidate-20-25-gal.aspx

I am also wondering if anyone has had experience with MycoStop (a different strain of streptomyces... just called "Strain k61" whereas actinovate is streptomyces lydreus WYEC 108. would one think these two strains would counteract? would they work well together, or alternate the two for more diversity and thus more protection? I recall Mycostop being mentioned in the large plants thread several times... anyone?

the gnome

Veteran
whats everyone using to combat PM now that actinovate isnt sold in cali

mineral oil, ortho use to make it under the name volck oil
its old school stuff.
cheap, very low toxicity that works on PM, rusts and other mildews.
AND
it kills Adelgids, leafhoppers, scale, spider mites, thrips, scale insects, aphids, bud moths, leaf roller, red bug, codling moth, blister mites, galls, whitefly, mealy bugs and other insects
AND
it's an ovacide

3tbs-gal
I always have a bottle of it
:smoke:

bpwilly

mineral oil, ortho use to make it under the name volck oil
its old school stuff.
cheap, very low toxicity that works on PM, rusts and other mildews.
AND
it kills Adelgids, leafhoppers, scale, spider mites, thrips, scale insects, aphids, bud moths, leaf roller, red bug, codling moth, blister mites, galls, whitefly, mealy bugs and other insects
AND
it's an ovacide

3tbs-gal
I always have a bottle of it
:smoke:

So you are just spraying your plants with mineral oil and it helps with both PM and mites? Sometimes it seems like the easiest and cheapest route might be the best. If it is just mineral oil, I can get some at just about any feed store that caters to folks with horses and cattle. I can get a gallon for about $20, so it should last a heck of a long time. Thanks for the tip.:)

the gnome

Veteran
I'd be wary using the $20 feed store oil,
horticultural mineral oil is highly refined stuff.

ExoticsRus

Well every year I spray as a prevention : ACTINOVATE AG instead of the stuff everyone else is using cause not only is it way more expensive for what it is but I found a 500 SQFT ACTINOVATE pack in my basement . I called Monsanto and wanted to see If I could use the whole package on just 2-4 100 gal pots & they said it's my own opinion and it's not going to hurt anything since it's just beneficial bacteria pretty much .

So Well I top dressed the pack on 4 of the main infected corner that had rust infection. then sprayed whole 40x40 garden with ACTINOVATE AG and silica as a wetting. Point of replying on this thread was ACTINOVATE AG has been a wonderful preventive towards PM and budget ( i got only less than 5 percentage loss! & 0% losses from PM cause of ACTINOVATE AG and ogbiowar)

gotnoname

I live in an aera where RH is over 65% most of the time and actinovate didn't stop bud rot in my light dep greenhouse, I used it preventive and sprayed twice a week before week 4 at 50g per 100l...

I have a lot of air circulation (Horizontal air flow fan) and the sides of my greenhouse are open at all time, Temps are below 90f and leaf were plucked to allow maximum air circulation..

Actinovate didn't work for me !

I don't have pm tough..

gotnoname

also my actinovate is NOT expired...
I am buying Flint from Bayer today and we will see if it stops the rot from spreading