What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How about this heat.

G

Im having some trouble keeping the grow room cool.
I grabbed my hygrometer and put it outside on the footpath for 5 mins to see how hot it is here.
The damn thing got fried. 52.5 was what i could see but the LCD screen was all messed up. Man i could fry an egg on the bonnet of my car.

Thats just the way it is is sunny Sydney :sasmokin:

XbX

more of it to come too....with aircooled shades the heat doesnt bug me ;) but i still want to move to cool tubes for even more efficiency!

G

Yeah, I guess thats Oz for you. They do call it the sunburnt country.
I'm good though, with 10kw worth of air cons, its still 25c in my house

PEP

jjfto, i for one do agree with ya there, where i am we have had temps of 44 deg outside and makes things near impossible to grow. Air-cooled lightshades dont seem to make any diff when your house is that hot. NSW is good for that, but the big split-system air-cons i have make it a bit more enjoyable.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
......it's bloody freezing here!......in cold dark Europe.....

.....but yeah.....you have to keep your babies cool down-under, fans blowing hot air around don't really do much but add heat....I recommend air-conditioning if you can afford it......keeps the temps and humidity down...

XbX

another trick is to only run your lights in nighttime hours...in veg turn on at 3pm turn off at 9am...flower 6pm to 6am...that way the colder night temps help keep your daytime room temps down...airconditioning is really a nescessity even with aircooled..aircooled work ok on their own when ambient temps are around 25deg c around the room, keeping it around 29-32 inside with proper ducting of heat out to the roof.....

Joe Hawkins

Yeh this heats bad but even with 36C degree rez temps my ladies are still thriving I reckon Sat doms can handle more heat.
I run my lights at night 8pm-8am, but still its been over 38 ambient temps (at night) in the grow room and 36 rez temps.
I do flood and drain and havent had any root rot, and my buds are fattening up nicely.

G

Damn Thats hot Joe!!
You must have some VERY tolerant girls to put up with that!!

Joe Hawkins

yep tim ,and this is AFTER i installed R4 insulation batts, oh well, at least i know where to get rockwool if i need some. :bat:

Last edited:
G

I dont understand??? down here in Melbourne it feels like we havent even had a summer at all. F#$&ing miserable, overcast, humid, mid-high20's bullshit!!! I mean shit, I have broken hand and I dont have to work and wheres the weather??? in Sydney, as usual...

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
6 weeks ago when it was real hot and i was on 24/0 the temp in the room got to about 47 deg and more i guess and very high humidity (not a good time to be trying out a new onzone unit...they dont work with high humidity) 2 days after that i swiched 12/12 and summer grows as joe said need to have lights running at night to keeps temps down.im now get temps 25 37 deg the plants delt with it ok but im thinking there a little slow they only started putting on decent wait at 5.5 weeks....this satarday being 7 weeks there looking ok...im using liquid lead for the 1st time this grow starting on satarday so i hope that gives the boost they need for a normal yeild or better.still need to tweek the room a bit and add anouther 400 hps making it then 6 400's and better exaust fans to draw air into the room.HH.

Smurf

stoke this joint
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Unless you've got the goods to grow indoors and plan it perfectly you'll always have some type of problem to solve.....which is ok if you can afford it.

In my neck of the woods it's custom to grow the ladies outdoors during summer....then come March (when it's a tad cooler) it's back inside we go again.

Nothing is better than the aroma of sweet smelling buds on a balmy night under the stars, sharing a tale/ale with mates around a bbq.

Happy choofing

Latest posts

Latest posts