What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smoked any commercial lately?

G

It seems to me that commercial weed in Aus has, in recent years turned to garbage. When I was a young lad back in the early nineties, my friends and I would score grass that would have us literally running around the house laughing incessantly whilst wrestling whatever it was one of us was eating away from that person (barbeque shapes all over the floor anyone?) Several years ago, I dont know exactly when, things just went downhill. I can only think of about 7 times in the past few years that I have bought pot and it was any good, the happy sativa that used to be everywhere just isnt around anymore. This is the main reason I now grow my own, it just seems that everyone is growing/selling really boring indica shit.(I have nothing against indica but its gotta be good) Has anyone else noticed this or am I just really unlucky when Im forced to pay for weed?

XbX

agreed completely - there seems to be very little sativa based strains available for purchase..its all indica...

rekiz

hideyoshi my kid brother was saying the same thing only he's not a grower and couldnt put a finger on the reason why unlike yourself....

So I guess the million dollar qustion is what strain of sativa gives off that happy high that we are looking for?????

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
yea i'd say for over 5 years the weed hasnt been as good as it used to be( started smoking in back in 88) smoking the stuff around now dosnt seem to be the happy experience it used to be or the trippy weed where your mate next to you would without a word be tripping about the same things(time and space dose not exist as it once did pre stoned).
i remember a mate growing a plant 15 years ago...the dried buds were black and looked like dog turds....and got you soooooo stoned....hahaha i passed out on the bus while standing up the 1st day i smoked some ... even smoking the leaf made me want to fly making me stand up and rasing my arms up in the air feeling so light...then being yelled at to sit down by my mate and the hearing everyone else who smoked it the night before did the same as i did....the munchies...sitting on the floor laughing and eating nutra grain thou even eating one at a time would take 5 minets to eat....man wish i knew what that strain was or similar ones around adelaide at the time...anyone know?

about ten years ago when i didnt know about all the strains i do now after being on the internet for years ...i scored a large bud of a guy and he said its good stuff and gave it a name but wasnt sure and i thought he was just making it up..."super haze crossed with purple haze or (then was fairly sure it was) silver haze" he said.the bud was purpleish real strong rotting smell when pressed.mulled it up had a cone and layed down on my bed to watch the new simpsons 3D(homer gets sucked into anouther dimention behind the book shelf ...or whatever it its lol ) .....my body felt like lead.....i really wanted to get up too and change the channel cause the simpsons was tripping me out and was to much to handle at the time hahahaha....so i'll try some of the hazes at sometime soonish..super haze, silver haze, super silver haze ect... to try and find somthing similar

was getting some nice sativa about 5 years ago...smoked a cone in the bath room walked to the kitchen but only made it to the toilet where i sat for ten minets with sweat poring of me with my head in my hands nearly blacking out hahaha good stuff

or the stuff that makes the out side all around your eyes red...your eyes are just slits and you are so relaxed and content....like to find out what that stuff was going aroud too.

rekiz said:
So I guess the million dollar qustion is what strain of sativa gives off that happy high that we are looking for?????

well yea i'd like to know that answer too....i did get a couple packs of seeds from dr greenthumb lately millenium bud and big laughing wich are in seeding stage at the moment.
this is what they say about big laughing-

Mostly Indica
Mold resistant
High flower to leaf ratio
Large yield
Hashy taste
Highly potent
Really does produce fits of laughter!

Potency: 4 out of 5
Bouquet: Earthy, piney

Potency Key: Strains like AK-47 or White
Widow would have a rating of 4 out of 5

55 days 12/12

i had some weed last year wich brought me to fits of laughter....everything was so funny....saw this strain and had to try it mmmmmmmmmmm .HH.

G

Happy, that shit about it taking 5 minutes to eat 1 bit of nutri-grain really cracked me up... lots of really good memories. I remeber being so f%#ken hungry, I had the driest mouth but I couldnt bring myself to actually go up and order something to eat at Mcdonalds. I remember the lights were so bright compared to my bungalow and I was convinced the entire store was gonna be staring at me, none of my friends had the balls either so we sat outside for ages until we finally made our way over to 7-11 and gorged ourselves on coke and crunchies. Good times they were, oh well, ATM I cant grow because I have to go to court in March for.......... growing!!! so until then, more boring shit, I guess it'll be.... its almost enough to put me off buying ever again, in this city anyway.......

whatdrugsyouon

everyone seems to be afraid of bush and only after the stupid commercial hydro which for the most part is chemically as. im sure some people have some nice hookups, but the average commercial you buy is shitty and chemically, immature and possibly even damp.

i like good clean bush myself.

G

yeah, good bush is great, but hard to come by in Mel most of the time.....

treble

yeah I agree.... back in mid to late 80's we used to get the strongest trippiest gear.... lots of sativas...

I didn't know the diff back then but I knew there was heavy gear and laughing up party gear. Now most of the stuff I see is indica and its been well and truly kiffed by the time you get it so there's no crystals what so eva. I get from 2 guys when I am buying and 1 only has indica and its usually average - 2 + cones for a good buzz..

the other guy mostly sources sativa styles or early pick indica so its pretty uppy...he's fussy which is good for me cause he will knock back anyone trying to flog him shit..down side is there aint much around nowa days... his main guy lost it to cancer 6 months back and he aint hooked up with anyone whos on the level yet....

I scored a heap of sativa seeds from someone who found a plant growing in their back yard when they moved in. This stuff is excellent, very party and gets you seriusly horny which is not something I seen in mj before. I have read on here and OG that it is a trait of some strains.

Its about a 5 footer and the buds a small but pretty tight - grows a wicked cola. Anyway I have tried to hydro it in my early grows using DWC and scrog and it came out hermie or male. I have to say I'm not sure which. I thought it was a bit buddy with balls, so I'm figuring hermie probably due to heat more than anything or maybe forcing to flower... it goes on and on so each time I forced the flower.

anyway its magic shit in my view and I have plenty seeds so I will try again soon.. am looking at heat issues before I go again....

and I just got a call from the guy who chases the up gear.... been over for a beer and pick up a score....we were talking about this subject and the way he sperates the wheat from the chaf is to ask them what they do when they smoke.... if they say they do nothing he gives it a miss....nothing to him means couch lock to us.... if they say they get whacked and go to work or out partying then he's in....

I've had a half a bowl - always test the waters first so I know what I'm dealing with and he's done it again...nice an quick,behind the eyes... good buzz..aint a screamer but thats a good thing.. no noids to deal with....nice.. I could go out on this no worries.....its very tasty. To look at its clearly sativa, very very orange.... small compact moist buds, strong smell like something I've smelled alot in bud.... the smell that makes you go oooo yeah..... definately sativa... he rekons someone called it tassie red. smells sweet amonia... nah not amonia.. but smells a lot, could smell it in the car on way back... tastes sweet and smoke is sweet too..... sweet!

I was looking to get a few slect strains so I was growing something better than what I can buy or at least have regular supply instead of the odd lucky score....man this is A grade.... gonna do some music

cheers
Treb