What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help Hermie @ Week 7 - DPS Blueberry

A friend purchased DPS Feminized BlueBerry seeds and gave me some. I grew 1 seed that is Sativa dominate.

Well, After 7 weeks of bloom this plant looks like it is starting to Hermie.

Do I need to Pull this plant from the Garden?

Attachments

• blueberry_week7_hermie_help.JPG
    blueberry_week7_hermie_help.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 6

hazy

Veteran
maybe. pick off the balls and nanners and if it's too much, yank it if there's a worry. week 7. how much longer? Might not be enough time left to worry about seeds, just pick them off.

Beanfish

Mist the plant with water before you pick them off! And turn off your fans. This will help keep the pollen from going airborne.

Or you could let it go to seed and have some nice beans. Cuz it will pollinate itself, the beans will be feminized methinks.

Good luck!

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
if all the plants in the room are at the same age (7 weeks) just leave shim,,,if you have young yins eg a few weeks into flower, pull that sucker:tiphat:

keep it green
highlander

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Ive had a few hermis and normally they are quite containable. Good suggestion as long as humdity is relatively low spraying is very helpful. Water kills the pollen so it can be a big help in preventing accidental pollination. I have a plant right now that regularly hermis but its the most vigorous plant Ive ever seen. In 5 weeks it outgrows and comes closer to finishing than anything ive ever seen. So I take the risk and keep a close eye on her its worth it to me. She taste like juicy fruit and smells the same. She is super frosty and weights out quite well in a super short period. She ambers up super fast all of these great traits with one very large negative. She likes to put on pants now and then.

Keep in mind this isnt totally unusual some elite cuts have hem tendencies like Arcata TW..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you can keep an eye on it and pick off the nanners for another week or so then it should be pretty much ready and may well be some very nice smoke. depends on the risks you are taking and how many other plants you have.

my dp fem Bb goes 9-10 weeks - no nanners though.

VG

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
A friend purchased DPS Feminized BlueBerry seeds and gave me some. I grew 1 seed that is Sativa dominate.

Well, After 7 weeks of bloom this plant looks like it is starting to Hermie.

Do I need to Pull this plant from the Garden?

You will need to pick it off and keep your eyes on it as they will show up in places you don't expect and can be a real pain in the ass!!! Don't let it infect your crop if you have other plants. This is why I don't like FEM seeds lol peace out Headband707:dance013:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A DPS Femmed Knockoff of a thai (a herm prone thai even)/afghani cross went hermie on you? Say it isn't so.

blueberry isnt a thai/afghan cross - it also has oaxican in it which usually dominates over the thai.

and seeing that DP were DJ's exclusive seedbank when he came up with blueberry then i dont see how it can be a knockoff.

isnt it funny how when people get a DJ Bb herm they shrug and blame the thai genetics, but when they get a DP Bb herm they blame the seed company. ;)

ive run my DP fem Bb quite a few times now and it's never hermed on me.

mine is more thai dominant

picture.php

VG.

Here is the outcome - Found a Seed

Here is the outcome - Found a Seed

This morning I pulled the plant from the garden and was able to find a mature seed.

So, This plant is going to flush isolated and then either gather what good weed is available or Bubble Hash.

At least I didn't waste my money on these seeds. I just hope my friend that is growing these beans outside doesn't have this issue.

I concur that Light leak was probably the cause and/or just not enough light for the stain. Only growing under a HPS 400W light.

Glad that rest of my plants came from PNC in Long Beach and are doing well.

Thanks to all for the help!
seed%20shot.JPG