What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Zamal GN

RasTarzan

Veteran
Hi

I was looking for a thread talking about Zamal GN.
Who cultivates this Zamal?
What is your feeling with this plant?

Here is the zamal that I cultivated several times, grown at latitude 48 ° N, so obligatorily in the greenhouse.
The taste is very very good, like a tropical fruit punch, and I really like this kind of active high and slightly psychedelic. She makes me work with the smile, it's good.

I have had this plant through cultivator ShadaX. He reproduced this lineage several years with great difficulty because of hermaphroditism.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Very nice! It all looks excellent! I can't remember any threads but I'm sure other more informed members will be by soon!:)

I've heard great things about the GN zamal. I've also heard about the problems others have had reproducing it because of herm.

I know Donald Mallards got one going "down under" lol. Also MustaFunk and ididit have experience with the line I believe.

Are these seeds available to purchase anywhere?

idiit

Veteran
I was looking for a thread talking about Zamal GN.
Who cultivates this Zamal?
What is your feeling with this plant?
one of the most interesting cannabis strain's provenance imo from what I've read up on:

here's Christophe's (aka skrog) account of how he (Christophe) acquired the gn zamal seed stock:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

Ok, from there, Christophe gifted Gypsy the zamal beans who in turn gifted the zamal beans to several breeders.

"The Zamal that Gerrit has ....was gifted to him in seed form by myself many years ago...

I aquired the seeds from a French grower/breeder on La Reuinion island in the Indian Ocean called Christophe...

(I thought that you might want to know the history)... Gypsy Nirvana" https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101916

Dubi of Ace Seeds acquired Zamal seeds from Gypsy and used a clone from Gerrit ( who also got Zamal seeds from Gypsy).

Here's Dubi's account of Ace seeds Zamal use from there: "Zamal - Gerrit's selected cut

High all!

Gerrit, i'd like to thank you again for share this marvelous clone. We grew 3-4 meter zamals outdoors 5-6 years ago, sadly we couldnt keep clones and preserve the strain. Zamal line mostly produces females, males are rare and usually hermie. Dubi " https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=101916

The zamal clone from Gerrit was used in zamaldelica.

Others have managed to do Zamal reproductions from the original Christophe Zamal seed stock. RasTarzan, You have a very nice "authentic looking" Zamal seedstock by what I'm seeing.

Luiz Fritzman of now defunct Brazilian seed company did a Christophe Zamal strain reproduction but they look to me to be contaminated with some wld genetics. I'm currently trying to isolate and breed Zamal purple. the Fritzman reproduction of the Zamal line did produce some authentic looking carrot, pepper and mango zamal types. The purple zamal phenos are all a little wld influenced looking.

There is a French cannabis forum that has tons of posts on zamal since La Reunion Isle is a French colony. I copied and pasted a bunch of their threads over here to ic mag on the Zamal Perrennial? thread: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=307924&page=8

The La Reunion Zamal growers were very impressed with the Christophe aka Gyspy Zamal seed stock. French Touch seeds carries a few Zamal lines from La Reunion Breeders.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
We tried to find proper males within an old original packet that a friend of mine kept frozen but it was the same. The past year we even popped some F5 and F7 from ShadaX along with those too, with the hope to find firm males but all were intersex. I guess this is what happens when you get forced to preserve a cultivar using hermie prone plants.

I keep a fantastic P1 female though, great potency, great terpenes, good production, reasonable flowering time and beautiful purple colors. Doing some breeding projects with her at the moment. I'm testing her indoors this winter as well, will post pics later on:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Donald Mallard has been growing a huge female outdoors this past seasons, hopefully he will post some pictures of that monster soon.

On the other hand, there are plenty other Reunionese and Mauritius lines around... I've been gathering some other landraces from Mafate, Cilaos, St Anne, Bois D'Olive and some other traditional villages. It's going to be fun for sure.

Vibes.

RasTarzan

Veteran
Thanks Idiit! Zamal seeds from Luiz are bigger. I don't know if it is the same.

Hola poto, lots of fun in the futur for sure :)

Kush_Kloud

Absolutely beautiful! I wish I had this strain to add to my seed collection. How is the smoke of these purple phenotypes? How does it compare to Zamaldelica?

KK

idiit

Veteran
How is the smoke of these purple phenotypes?

I recently switched from hps 400 w to 315 cmh. huge difference from early assesments. my purple zamal was grown under the hps until the last few weeks. even so the smoke was up, intense. now that I have good indoor lighting I will be able to make better indoor assessments and post the results.

Thanks Idiit! Zamal seeds from Luiz are bigger. I don't know if it is the same.

fritzman seeds were too large also imo. I did get real nice nld phenos out of the carrot, pepper and mango types of zamal. the seeds off these were back to the small nld looking type. no hermie issues with the parents of my zamal ilb projects.

i'm doing in line breeding work on the purple zamal. time will tell.

el gordo

i've grown one selected female from french touch mangu karot this summer and was much less sativa looking than yours and the high was introspective, definately not what i was looking for....maybe with more numbers theres better females to be found.

RasTarzan

Veteran
Absolutely beautiful! I wish I had this strain to add to my seed collection. How is the smoke of these purple phenotypes? How does it compare to Zamaldelica?

KK

I can't compare with Zamaldelica, never grow this one. The smoke of this purple pheno was really sweet, very good tropical fruit taste. I was not fan when growing under hps, less tasty and less high, excelent in a greenhouse.
High was clear, give a lot of motivation, trippy, stronger if you smoke more. No couch lock after the high, feeling fresh, perfect for working.
Taste it once, it will be hard to stop:)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]i've grown one selected female from french touch mangu karot this summer and was much less sativa looking than yours and the high was introspective, definately not what i was looking for....maybe with more numbers theres better females to be found. [/FONT]
I'll be curious to see what look like zamal from frenc touch, look nice.

Thank's all for coming :tiphat:

LostTribe

Premium user
my recent Zamaldelica looked exactly like that purple pheno and is face trippin potent for sure. Gonna pop a few more soon.

idiit

Veteran
here's a zamal post from the zamal perennial? thread:

Quote:

And after 7 years of consumption "zamal" and planting I can say that the zamal and the term is used to designate the meeting cannabis but there are 100 ene variety of zamal if not more (carrote mango, lemon quality quality pepper) (Without forgotten that the zamal are 100% sativa)
(The quality mango carrot being the more and more high deem

Quote:

Foot 20M yes there are, they are usually in the heights of the island, or to mafate cilaos for those who know ...

mang 'karot: top never smoked better than that

purple filament: gives you a very big bar

kalite earth: but average taste effect top

kalite pepper: ca makes you cough but at the same home, we Konye (bangs / block) the seal.

Moreover we smoke more often in normal ocb sheets (small), 2 head for a sheet: and it left my kiki, as we say it is chocked 2 taf, we can be at 7 on a sheet attached and each smoke his two slats, blocks and turns ...

and there you see the stars and some even the moon mdrrr

short is good, your culture is very pretty, it gives me who want away from my island but I would patiently ones to me soon !!!

Quote:

LOOL !! hi I réunnionnnais and I live at the meeting on st paul.Ne you not file with the zamal. puts it in the earth and allowed to grow naturally and you oras the best weed ki may exist on this earth, but stopped with the growth and flo !! leaves time to do things. especially not of fertilizer !! The zamal do not like that!. Voila jte souhaine a good crop and a good harvest. Moin to 5 kilos per pioed if your crop is good. But leaves fell into AC pots do not go tt went away ca. I forgot this plant takes 1 year to ripen. it is a tree if you ten good care. Me my foot has 4 years and I smoked for 3 years on my tree ... go @ ++ good chanse be patient and you will not regretera !!

http://www.cannaweed.com/topic/20119...age-2?hl=zamal

Quote:

Hi.
I will post here one of the JDC texts of our friend Reunion Evergreen (crazy farmer ;-))
I quote:

Zamal (local name of which comes from the Cannabis Madagascar "ZAMALA").

The Zamal Reunion is a crop plant or naturalized, that is to say, which was introduced to the island by humans (there is a little more than two centuries) and which can multiply in the Nature without his intervention.

The island's colonial history that genetic sources Zamal are difficult to determine. The bulk of the genetic stock is probably of Indian origin (probably from the Coromandel Coast). Seeds brought from other regions are also possible: Pakistani, African strains (especially Mozambique or via the countries of the Muslim-Arab world), Madagascar, China and other countries bordiers the Indian Ocean basin. The development of air transport then reported the arrival likely last two or three decades of European cultivars.
Zamal genetics is in constant fluctuation because of its history and because the main cultivation method adopted on the island. The plants are grown outdoors and do not benefit from special care. Males or monoecious plants are sometimes belatedly uprooted and clean air conditions in the rugged terrain of the island are the volatile pollen is spread over great distances, resulting in a very active fertilization of female feet.
There is therefore no single Zamal but incalculable crowd of officials crosses a very unstable genetic (photo 09 and 10). The phenotype remains predominantly sativa type. This multiplicity finally rejoices consumers because for every "variety" there is a flavor, odor and a different effect. It should be noted against by a strong tendency to monoecy.

The drawback of these "hybrid" rest mainly slow and late flowering. Sometimes it takes between 9 and 12 months for a plant matures in outdoor.
The advantage lies in its effect deemed violent. A toxicological study conducted by Professor A. ***** r of the forensic institute in Strasbourg shows tetrahydrocannabinolic acid content, cannabidiol and cannabidiolic acid which is 0.2848%, respectively, 0.0055 % and 0.0014%. Other studies indicate that THC Zamal rate is usually between 15% and 30%.
That you know everything and thank you Evergreen
Quote:

Quote:

a small head (but big picture oops) of zamal strain gipsy-nirvana.Pas alot of resin on leaves (as a lot of sativa) but quanmeme good (even very good) on chalices -D

Quote:

Small heads not great, yet a huge effect, powerful and very heavy corp.

There or the Meeting already is more to be a heaven is to live (not to mention my zion we stick just to the zeb ^^). Indeed as long as you ayé Labris has a small garden of contemplation the zamal grows effortlessly over the years and operates a natural extraordinary selection ..

Your first foot will probably be a herma and will detre harvested a year before (about 600gram but his varies greatly) hundreds of seeds will sink to the foot of the tree and thirty plants will to push, just a year on keeping the two or three best.

After three years the plans are already stronger, goutu and sometimes even crossing naturally séfectuent with other planes in the area and each year remains only the best.

Quote:

Re,

Not at all ... the zamal is not any hemp grown ... it is a landrace.
A unique variety in the world with variations in phe (red filament, purple in the blast, mango-carrot) but it is a variety in itself.

The problem is that the last ten years, growers / traders have crossed the zamal with skunk notament to increase efficiency and shorten the flo (much like the introduction of Pakistani Indica in Morocco).
So that now it is increasingly difficult to find zamal "pure" unless you conaissez a farmer who does that to anytime since (like Gramoun 'high).

On the pictures (that I could see in miniature on their profile), it's actually a sativa, but it might as well be Thai, Colombian, Mexican, African as Reunion.

So without provenance, and again, and no one can confirm that is indeed Zamal.

If it is harvestable within 3-5 months flo is not zamal.
http://www.cannaweed.com/topic/6500-...age-4?hl=zamal

Quote:

hi everyone! I sui Reunionese and I live in France may I sui already party meeting on holiday and yes the zamale grows very well, even all year because in winter it is 25 degrees! I do push France seems to me complicated by the fact its very large sizes, and its very long flowering pe ... we even leave a foot from one year to another since it does not die! and each crop will be larger (about 5 years pa plus) qualitée is to go believe me !!!! hello to all good fumette!

Quote:

alot of thing they say about zamal then I will tell you mienes (without a claim to the absolut truth) here is actually my first experiences with smoking joints are made with zamal (in 1997) not at the meeting but in France! ( chin area) it was the weed that the big brother of a friend grown in his garden in the ground, the seeds had been raporté him to the meeting with a buddy who was left him live there. I rubbed the garden and so it all zamal summers these plants was a funny-looking she was very tall and very buissoneuses rod andthe were very thin beet and cabbage tops with reddish peduncles the odor was a kind of exotic mango fruit with melenge spicy peppery note vrait a delight! it was late harvest (around the beginning of November) but it did have a place perfect maturity of the plant! the heads was airy very long fine not more than an inch thick and has crystallized wish!, the effect was strong and very special and high psyqué .j'en philosophical fummer have grown 4 years and then again for lack of seeds I lost it and I don 'have found more until 2006, since this year 2006, I came across a gypsy nirvana Amsterdam own shop selling these seeds as the gipsy nirvana collection and guess what! they have seeds of zamal I tested outside and imagine that I find the same characteristics as the zamal I knew already: appearance, odor / taste, temp florason, high, thin head and everything is crystal clear so if you want the zamal go on www.seedboutique.com/ chao
http://www.cannaweed.com/topic/14176-le-zamal/?hl=zamal