What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Broad mites!

sc1

So I got broad mites still. I hung 3 no pest strips Monday and I'm not sure if it has killed them. They have visible damage and look like they still may flower. I thought of spraying dr earth final stop with garlic and essential oils. Should I continue to hang the nps? They have been sealed with no exhaust two nights straight. I posted some pics. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 13

sc1

Bm2

Bm2

So sprayed with final stop. The lights are down for 2 more hours. They look a little shiny/ glossy. Maybe that is typical for an oil based spray. Safe to turn the lights on in 2 hours? Any comments?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 9

mushroombrew

Veteran
The no pest strips work but they become systemic. Will take a while to clear. Not sure how long as I don't use them.

Make sure you get every part of the plant sprayed and wet. In the tops and under leaves especially.

I would treat once a week for three weeks. They have a habit of coming back.

sc1

Cool I sprayed all over but it still looks oily. I did not dilute it just sprayed it right 0n. Looks like the oil penetrated straight fhrough the leaf. Just wondering if that's too much oil- might kill my plants. Defenitely looks like it killed the bugz. Maybe I should mist with water

sc1

Ok will the oily look be gone by lights on tomorrow morning? Cuz if not it looks like my plants will be screwed. All leaves look just regular oily, but one leaf and a few places are drooping and look really dark like drenched. Maybe they will dry in 12 hours or so. Used as directed

sc1

Yeah it's greasy/oily on the surface of the leaves. Maybe the oil takes some time to dry. Hopefully it will dry enough before lights on. This is the first time I've sprayed with oils indoors so I do not know what to expect

sc1

As oily as the stuff is I know it killed the hell out of them bugz. Just hope it don't kill my plants.

sc1

Well I got thru that spray last night. Checked my plants this morning and no burns. Overall green standing up and a little glossy. Although there were a few leaves and leaf edges that turned black and crumbled. That's an ok spray for $10 I guess- I think it stopped my mite problem 🏆

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the hs no pest strips will take about 2 weeks or so to wipe out an infestation

glad the spray worked for you, i would keep it up to be sure you did the job entirely

issack

Veteran
I just can't stress and say it enough.. OG biowar 24 hour brewed tea smokes russet mites, broad mites, and cyclamen mites like nothing.. it's easy as pie to kill these things.I've done it like 7 times already. I've tried forbid an avid, Mighty wash and all that stuff. It was just a waste of time, when a 3-day full strength bio war foliar spray at lights out will completely suffocate and kill any pest or mite in your room. I'm a hundred percent dead sure of this I've done it before..
If you want to always have an Arsenal and not ever worry about anything with pests and mites and root afids. Start rocking the war..
Go scroll through my thread and see how many times I did it with ease. I do a 3-day foliar now right after I flip 12 12 even though I don't see any mites just in case. Haven't had one problem so far anymore. And if I get lazy and wait too long and some pop up. I just smile and give them a three day drench in that area and that's it.. done..

issack

Veteran
Foliar pack.

In a 5 gal bucket add 4 gallons of non chlorinated water. (Or 3 it's not crucial)

Add 100 mill non sulfur molasses. Then ph to 6.0 to 6.5 ( always pH after the molasses and never after you put your bio war in there it will kill the microbes)

Then add 1 cup work castings

5 to 6 tbsp of OG biwar foliar. ( you can do three scoops of the root Pack and 3 scoops of the foliar pack if you want, I just use the foliar pack it works fine)

Drop a air stone in there and put a nylon paint strainer bag over the top so gnats don't fly in there and then 24 hours later it's ready. you pore that in your sprayer and do your drenches. that will last about 6 days in that bucket bubbling.. it gives you a lot to use for foliar and you can spray a lot of plants with it in several days.

It's single-handedly the best product I've ever experienced in growing.. I spray this from when my plants are in Clone all the way to flower. and that's the only product that I use indoors. nothing grows, nothing lives there's no mold or anything. no powdery mildew it's absolutely awesome. And when russet or broad mites used to pop up I would make a tea and do a three day drench and every single time a hundred percent it would completely kill them. It works man it's badass shit.

Latest posts

Latest posts