What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Home Depot Wardrobe Closet Design Help Needed

greenfox

Hello all,

Soooo I was about to click order for my 4x4x7 tent but I thought "hey, even though the wife already gave me the go ahead, I should probably show her what I've got in the cart and what it'll look like in the garage" - oops.:smoky:

Well a couple hours later we reached a conclusion. She is okay with something that blends into the garage to keep curious onlookers from knowing what we've got going on during the times when we have the garage door open.

This is the best I've found (since I don't have a lot of wood working knowlege):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the info:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/ClosetMaid-48-in-Multi-Purpose-Wardrobe-Cabinet-in-White-12336/100580672
Assembled dimensions: 71-3/4 in. H x 48 in. W x 20-1/2 in. D

I'm a newb and this will be my first grow.
I've been googling around to get some design ideas and thought about removing that center and top divider, but how would the ICMAG community best put this thing together for a grow box? The tent seemed so much easier.

And just FYI, I currently plan on finishing in 7 gallon smart pots of living soil with blumats (i've considered SIPs but am slightly intimidated with getting them to work with smart pots). Oh, and the the screw in LED lights that Terpene (among others) use.

Thanks!

Attachments

• white-closetmaid-free-standing-cabinets-12336-64_1000.jpg
    white-closetmaid-free-standing-cabinets-12336-64_1000.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 34
  • white-closetmaid-free-standing-cabinets-12336-4f_1000.jpg
    white-closetmaid-free-standing-cabinets-12336-4f_1000.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...here is a thread that will help you with this conversion and keep in mind that this thread is meant as a 'club' of sorts for folks with this sort of cabinet so be sure to check out the threads of posters in this 'club' thread.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=21879

...i would also suggest that you find the link-o-rama thread authored by pontiac which is a thread that is a compilation of links to all manner of the best DIY ganja related projects on this site. ...use the Advanced Search feature to search for pontiac and you will find all threads authored by him.

...let me know if you have trouble finding his DIY thread and i'll link you to it.

peace, bozo

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I know shit about them but smaller growing autos might be the ticket in there for you to gain experience without having to fight not enough space and to much heat.. GL:tiphat:

greenfox

Thank you both for your feedback. I indeed have settled on autos for now so we'll see how they go :).

That mills thread is huge, so now I'm in search of the optimal setup within the cab..

FlaDankster

Veteran
One problem with that cab......moisture of any amount warps the doors.....ask me how i know.

So hopefully your garage is fairly weather tight cause if not you're gonna be pissed after doin a bunch of work on it and all of a sudden you got 2 bananas as doors.

It's a perfect little cab if in a house...a garage i don't know about.And you'll need a sheet of something for the back side of it as it comes with a piece of cardboard for the backside.

sajesak

Hello all,

Soooo I was about to click order for my 4x4x7 tent but I thought "hey, even though the wife already gave me the go ahead, I should probably show her what I've got in the cart and what it'll look like in the garage" - oops.:smoky:

Well a couple hours later we reached a conclusion. She is okay with something that blends into the garage to keep curious onlookers from knowing what we've got going on during the times when we have the garage door open.

This is the best I've found (since I don't have a lot of wood working knowlege):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's the info:

Assembled dimensions: 71-3/4 in. H x 48 in. W x 20-1/2 in. D

I'm a newb and this will be my first grow.
I've been googling around to get some design ideas and thought about removing that center and top divider, but how would the ICMAG community best put this thing together for a grow box? The tent seemed so much easier.

And just FYI, I currently plan on finishing in 7 gallon smart pots of living soil with blumats (i've considered SIPs but am slightly intimidated with getting them to work with smart pots). Oh, and the the screw in LED lights that Terpene (among others) use.

Thanks!
Hi I am thinking of redoing my kitchen cabinet. Have went to 4 ID firm for quotation, currently rather interested in - closet design. Anyone had reno done by them? :unsure:

I still got my double door wardrobe 3x2x5 ft but it's in the shed now as i'm using a tent.
If i had the room i would still use it for seedlings and early veg.
I used D seal around where there doors join there was always a sucking sound with a woosh when opening the doors there fun for small grows.
day 44.JPG