What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird yellow splotches

truck

I am currently growing a couple E Glue plants in organic soil in smartpots. They are two totally different phenos. One is short and much darker and looks like a white pheno and one is tall and lanky and looks like a glue pheno. The Glue pheno plant has had about 50% of the leaves like this since about week 4 of veg. She is still growing and now at day 32 of flower filling out. Disclaimer this is my first grow of this strain. I do NOT have gnats. Or any other bugs. My soil report from Spectrum shows a sulfur level of m3-ppm of 2318 which seems pretty high. PH 6.3 and I have added some extra Gypsum and steamed bone meal after the report and before I planted in this soil. First run on it. This plant also seems to be hungry and wanting more P. I have been feeding both liquid bone meal and liquid kelp along with top dress of Kelp and Worm Power and ground rye along with aloe and coconut in the RO water. I will try to throw up some fresh pics that show my leaves like this. I have no clue what it is but she is still doing fairly well. This is also a mainline style grow with 8 colas per plant. This week they get a full dose of liquid bone meal and liquid Kelp and next week liquid Kelp only and then its water only with a little aloe and coconut for one week and then plain RO water till harvest. Dont know if thats right but we shall see.

Here are a few pics. The plant on the left is obviously the glue pheno and the right is the darker squater "the white" pheno I think from pics of other "The White" plants I can find. Didnt mean to pick them this way when I had to choose from 4 seedlings to keep 2 to grow out. Obviously I dont have room for all 4. I thought they looked like the same pheno but in a solo cup at two weeks I suppose it can be hard to tell for a newer grower like myself.

I wish I knew for sure why the leaves on the left plant are doing this. However she is growing pretty well I think and hope she starts packing on weight.

For the OP not trying to step in your thread but I am having the same issue as I hope you can see.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75222&pictureid=1805266&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75222&pictureid=1805269&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75222&pictureid=1805267&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75222&pictureid=1805270&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75222&pictureid=1805271&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Russet mites no doubt about it. get a microscope 400x and check it out. Green cleaner and root cleaner by west coast growers. or Trifecta Crop control and Trifecta boost foliar and treat the soil with organocide 3in1. inoculate the soil with streptomyces strains, bacillus strains, and endo and ecto myco. Beneficial nematodes will help too.

truck

If anyone is still checking this thread, I have since switched to RO water and have been pHing to 6.5. I recently transferred one gallon pots to five gallon, and they're looking pretty great except for this necrosis going on, it looks like a calcium def to me but they're getting 5 ml/gal every watering and have about 1.5 cup of powdered dolomite per cubic foot of soil so I'm not sure what's going on! They're about 60 days old, they had a terrible start and were revived from the brink of death.

The one gallon pots I currently have are about half that, 30 days or so and are showing much more advanced symptoms than their elders, while receiving the same feeding (keeping it at 7.5ml/gal of Botanicare Grow + 5ml/gal Cal-Mag) and in the same soil. They are exhibiting similar necrosis spots as well as chlorosis and purpling veins, which sounds like a magnesium deficiency to me.

One of my biggest complaints about growing cannabis is consistency!! Any thoughts on these? I may just make a new thread if no one is still viewing.

Mildew (Phytophthora infestans)

emerica

Discovered what the source of my problems was: Nitrogen Toxicity.

Nitrogen toxicity antagonizes uptake of Calcium... By trying to correct the resulting deficiency (via lockout), Calcium, I was adding additional levels of Nitrogen (CalMag has 2% Nitrogen) and possibly too much Calcium, which could have resulted in lockout of Potassium, Iron, Manganese, Magnesium, Boron, Phosphorus, Zinc... Wow!

Flushed the plants in my first post with water ranging from 6.5-7.0 pH and runoffs were all between 6.0-6.5, the Claw has disappeared. Also discovered my tap water has a ppm of 30 and a pH of 7.15, so no more wasting my time with RO. Gaining knowledge feels good.

hey man so the yellow splotches were from a lock out? I was told the same thing having the same problem in my veg tent I use botonicare also I keep my ppms fairly low 600 in Veg but a worker from my local hydroponics said you need to water with straight water between feeds thanks for your thread at first I thought I had bugs rather deal with a lockout any day 👍

Latest posts

Latest posts