What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Thirds PPK

Thirdtime

Finished setting up the flower room for ppk. The feed goes along the wall from right to left. The 17g tubs work both as where the pumps will feed from and where I can throw small plants in to flower. 1 plant is still in rockwool so I just stacked those green things that elevate hugos to get it above water level. 3 1kde hps light the room enough that I can grow anywhere except entrance way. The empty buckets in the middle are future plant sites.

Attachments

• leftroom.jpg
    leftroom.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 13
  • rightroom.jpg
    rightroom.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 11

Thirdtime

Into the flower room go Lemon Skunk and Samurai OG. Must be some trick to moving to a new scrog as nothing goes back right.

Attachments

• 20171110_room1.jpg
    20171110_room1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20171110_room2.jpg
    20171110_room2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 11

Thirdtime

Thanks for stopping by. I am really just a beginner but all the good info here helped me to have a successful first run

Badfishy1

Still sifting through to figure out how system/ method works but will be stopping through and watching results bud

Thirdtime

PPK seems complicated but once you understand the principle it's very easy. Feel free to ask questions there are plenty who have a good understanding.
This is some bag seed I have labeled ww2

Attachments

• 20171111_ww2.jpg
    20171111_ww2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 11

saitama

Well done, man. PPK is on my bucket list of grow methods. When I get some more space, I want to grow some trees.

Thirdtime

Weekly update.
The HG I moved into flower last week didn't like the lower scrog, kinda stalled out for a few days. Some yellowing leaves, a few broken branches but seems to be growing ok now. The Lemon skunk and Sam OG, pic included, never skipped a beat and are up to the second net.
Here's a pic of HG reject clone at 42 12/12 I think. Also a pic of the ww3 bag seed with the odd growth pattern.

Attachments

• 20171117_d7lr.jpg
    20171117_d7lr.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20171117_HG42.jpg
    20171117_HG42.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 10
  • 20171117_ww3d49.jpg
    20171117_ww3d49.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 13

Thirdtime

So is flushing really necessary? I read varied opinions and quite a few say with a proper cure that you don't. Opinions anyone

datal4b

i don't find any difference in smoothness or flavor or anything really except that with a bit of flushing the bud seem to burn a little better and the ash is more gray vs. black

Desert Hydro

Veteran
looking good in there. PPKs are great. i dont check my ph and ec but once a week lol. this fucker runs itself.

next round i am doing jacks but with a few additives to see if my quality goes up. training and environment will have the best results in my yield but i think a few beneficial additives just may lead to a bump in potency. i have test results from the plain jacks and now i will get them tested again with all the additives to see if they are worth it or not.

Desert Hydro

Veteran
as to your flushing question i know D9 says he doesnt because he runs low EC the whole time. if you are pushing the ferts really heavy then i definitely would. i always do, but this round i have mixed strains in the same system so i may just have to cater to the greater good.

Thirdtime

as to your flushing question i know D9 says he doesnt because he runs low EC the whole time. if you are pushing the ferts really heavy then i definitely would. i always do, but this round i have mixed strains in the same system so i may just have to cater to the greater good.

Running a perpetual would make it hard to flush, and everyones happy with quality so I guess I will stick with no flush.

I am curious what elements and when you will add them to jacks. Doing it with foiliar spray? I was wondering if pushing C during stretch and K later in flower would boost the yeild

Thirdtime

Hope everyone had a happy Thanksgiving.
Friday update
Pretty much ruined the stretch for the Holy Grail, Bad extension cord meant pump not working. When I would check it though apparently i would fix the short and it would work. Anyway back on track but I am sure yield will be far less than normal.
Moved the GG4 into flower, she hasn't straightened out yet.
And Lemon Skunk and Samurai OG should be done with stretch. Got about 2 ft of stretch on both and has to raise the light. Started clearing out the fan leaves and everything looking happy

Attachments

• 20171124_hg.jpg
    20171124_hg.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 20171124_gg4.jpg
    20171124_gg4.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 171124-lsnsam.jpg
    171124-lsnsam.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 10

Thirdtime

Not much new. Everything looking happy. HG reject clone should be close to finish.

Attachments

• 20171130_hg.jpg
    20171130_hg.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20171129_sam.jpg
    20171129_sam.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15