What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RubeGoldberg's 2 room showdown! 6x750DE VS 4x315LEC & 4x600HPS

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Merry Christmas Everybody!

Tonight marks the first day of the flush. Here are some trich pics along with a cola pic, I included a wrapper that you mighta seen in your mum's bedroom trashbin for scale. You'll notice curling leaves, the humidity is currently dogshit. I'm thinking for the next run, i'm going to implement a reptile fogging system into the room on a humistat since it would likely be more efficient than spending hundreds on an industrial humidifier

YpHJHJD.jpg

rMz6KT9.jpg

9cIRfn2.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Finally topping the next round pre-veg plants. They are growing a little bit slow right now due to colder temps, but when I'm ready for them to take off, i'll get them exploding fast.
The bigger plants in the L shape on the right are going to be for a smaller 4 light room likely featuring bigger plants.. stay tuned

10 days ago
8scBCnM.jpg

Today
MhqVZYal.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Made the judgement call today to trim Jan 2nd, will be interesting to see how it goes... fucking sucks trying to get this kinda stuff done around this time of year

R1O3IPy.jpg

GOiojjV.jpg

Hello ,

When it will be dry, tell us how much you got out of kilo to see what gives 750 gavita vs 600 + CMH?

Yeah i'll try to keep everything separate, the DE fixtures arent gavita, so next run I think i might put Philips branded bulbs in half of them

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Had the camera out and really love shooting under the CMH's due to the whiter light, so here are some random shots of the somewhat weathered looking colas on their home stretch.

vjhevQj.jpg

eKbnxqH.jpg

Tx4YmHx.jpg

I4FXVxg.jpg

5RC7UL4.jpg

scarafino

It makes you want all that!

you estimate how much your harvest? You think you have done more than 3 lbs on the room 6X750de

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Looool no sorry !

3 kilo its 7 lbs !

it must be possible to get the gram per watt in 750de?

It should be, I can usually squeeze it outta single ended lights with a more dialed in room if I have time to learn the strain.

The only reason that it might not happen for this one is if the DE bulbs suck. Which is a known issue with fixtures that don't come with phillips bulbs.

So i plan on swapping out Phillips or Hortilux if I get the chance.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Bam... took 5 people, 13 hours to trim this bitch (including a machine running for the bottom stuff)

im hoping for maybe a few OZ of dry weight. We'll see!

PhzUMJf.jpg

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
THE WEIGH IN!

Just began the cure today, so might lose some more moisture weight.
But as it stands right now..... (this actually surprised me)

DOUBLE ENDED ROOM 6 x 750w: 3726 grams

4x600w HPS and 4x315w CMH room: 4194 grams

This honestly blew me away.... the massive amount of yield/Electricity difference in the CMH room surprised me.. Especially considering it was just a standard Air Exchange room and there were definitely hiccups along the way that I will dial in next time.

packerfan79

Veteran
THE WEIGH IN!

Just began the cure today, so might lose some more moisture weight.
But as it stands right now..... (this actually surprised me)

DOUBLE ENDED ROOM 6 x 750w: 3726 grams

4x600w HPS and 4x315w CMH room: 4194 grams

This honestly blew me away.... the massive amount of yield/Electricity difference in the CMH room surprised me.. Especially considering it was just a standard Air Exchange room and there were definitely hiccups along the way that I will dial in next time.

Apparently spectrum matters. I was thinking of switching out 2 of my hps for mh, or 945 Cmh. Won't happen for a while I just put new bulbs in lastnight. I found 1k digilux bulbs for 30 bucks a piece. I usually use hortilux, but for the price I couldn't pass them up. I think I paid 65 a piece last time I bought bulbs, so I saved 35 bucks a piece this time.

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Apparently spectrum matters. I was thinking of switching out 2 of my hps for mh, or 945 Cmh. Won't happen for a while I just put new bulbs in lastnight. I found 1k digilux bulbs for 30 bucks a piece. I usually use hortilux, but for the price I couldn't pass them up. I think I paid 65 a piece last time I bought bulbs, so I saved 35 bucks a piece this time.

yup! it might be because i wasnt using phillips branded bulbs, so i might price some out and try them this next round.

Since I have extra 600w digi ballasts, I might mix 2 hortilux blue MH 600w bulbs into the DE room (since they come free with my new compact HPS fixtures and wont be in use) maybe the blue in the spectrum will help.

I'm also considering selling the DE fixtures an just doing both rooms as mixed HPS an CMH. Since if I can get basically 4100 grams off of 3600w of electricity doing air exchange in a room with mediocre environment control. Then I might as well just keep replicating that lighting setup.

weedtoker

Veteran
Wow, around a unit more with a 1000 watts less, even if the DE's are not branded. From testing the two batches any big differences you see in the organoleptics department? I understand if you want to wait for the flowers to do their dance with time (cure), but please if ya don't mind do post a smoke report comparison of the finished flowers, it'will finish this thread in gold fellow brother...

cheers

DunHav`nFun

Hey bro......Yeah....It`s pretty much been determined across the board the off brand DE fixtures are shit for yield without Phillips bulbs......but....

I never thought for a minute the side with 840 less watts would pull 468 more grams with all things being equal as far as plant numbers and age goes.....that said.....

Looks like the 8 light coverage/canopy penetration regardless of wattage was a factor if I hadta guess compared to the 6 light side....anyways.....

Respect on the 17 1/2 lbs +/- for a damn good return on investment....regardless.....Good luck and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Hey bro......Yeah....It`s pretty much been determined across the board the off brand DE fixtures are shit for yield without Phillips bulbs......but....

I never thought for a minute the side with 840 less watts would pull 468 more grams with all things being equal as far as plant numbers and age goes.....that said.....

Looks like the 8 light coverage/canopy penetration regardless of wattage was a factor if I hadta guess compared to the 6 light side....anyways.....

Respect on the 17 1/2 lbs +/- for a damn good return on investment....regardless.....Good luck and....

Peace....DHF.....:ying:....

thanks man! i'm surprised honestly too, i was expecting closer to 12-13 based on the canopy density and a mild lockout I got midrun. The yield surprised me quite a bit.

This next run i'll avoid a couple mistakes from last run and see how far i can push it.

catalyte

Veteran
thanks for posting your results and findings! Great job even with the hiccups, like you said.... :yes:

another example of how superior CMH lighting is !

RubeGoldberg

Veteran
Got a major crush on these CMH bulbs right now, grams per watt is still blowing my mind... its the kind of result I usually get on a well dialed in room with CO2 etc... really thinking hard about biting the bullet and outfitting both rooms as mixed CMH/HPS

OgsSGin.jpg