What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Powered controllable ducting vents?

I run a sealed room that utilizes a fan circulating air through a carbon filter to minimize smell inside the room. I currently do not vent at all, but would like to be able to vent 2-3 times during lights out, mainly to reduce the excess co2, and also take some load off of the dehumidifier right after lights out.
I was thinking about putting a tee fitting on the output of the fan so that I can have a duct running out through the ceiling that is normally closed, but could open when I wanted to vent and close again when I'm done.
Does anyone have a suggestion for brand and maybe model that would be cheapest and easy to use? If it's more than another fan I could just use an extra fan and filter ok a timer with some sort of damper that closes when the fan shuts off, but seems like there are cheap options online. Im pretty sure somebody uses something like this on here, figured I'd check before I buy something.
Thanks in advance.

DunHav`nFun

A long held cash cropper trade secret with sealed rooms once medville got rolling in 96 , is they figured out during lights off that CO2 and RH spiked like a mofo due to the plants getting rid of all excess CO2 and humidity they didn't utilize during lights on.......that said.....

They added exhaust fans hooked to humidistats and once the lights were out when CO2 and humidity spiked , the exhaust fans kicked on and sucked out the excess RH as needed and in turn got rid of the excess CO2 the plants didn`t metabolize during lights on.....anyways...

Hope that helps.....DHF....:ying:.....

Thanks for the input. I would like to avoid controlling an exhaust via humidity, it might run all the time and not keep it in range depending on the ambient humidity. That's one of the big reasons for me running sealed. I would rather just vent a few times as needed, just unsure of the exact best way to do it.

DunHav`nFun

You only exhaust during lights off with humidistat set to the percentage parameters you want , and I assure you RH can spike way high during mid-late flower during lights off when they drink and swell like crazy.....regardless....

Good luck....DHF.....:ying:.....

You only exhaust during lights off with humidistat set to the percentage parameters you want , and I assure you RH can spike way high during mid-late flower during lights off when they drink and swell like crazy.....regardless....

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do, but it won't work just to vent for me the whole time lights are off as the air that will be coming in is higher humidity than I want. I just want to vent for the part right after lights out, and maybe for a few minutes a couple more times, and then rely on the dehumidifier mostly. Just looking to move out the quick spike of humidity after lights out and clear out excess co2 a couple times.

Ogpho20MC

Hi everyone longtime lurkr , thank you for all the years of info=) This is my first post ever to a forum ever. I hope im putting this in the right place lol . IMHO i have used a humidity reader to figure out peaktimes for humidity/temps (datalogger) then used an inline fan on a timer connected to a damper such as the one MrBungle shared with us. You can even use a manual damper positioned vertically with a couple of wheel balance weights on the top of the damper flaps =) I like to silicone on the inside of the flaps to create a better seal for when its not active =) connect a carbon filter at one end if you are noid about the shmells. Personally i love the Shmell of it =)

zeke99

Hi DHF,

With a PPK grow, would you DECREASE the time interval between wave pulse watering events during mid-late flower? In my latest round, I increased the interval after stretch and am now in week 5.

DunHav`nFun

Hi DHF,

With a PPK grow, would you DECREASE the time interval between wave pulse watering events during mid-late flower? In my latest round, I increased the interval after stretch and am now in week 5.
Hey Zeke.....I`ve only run 1 bastardized PPK setup with just 1 plant , so as far as feed intervals , I`d haveta defer to D9 for his answers in his something wicked this way comes thread since he posted a day or so ago ....but....

When I ran mine , he told me in pm a qt thereabouts every 90 mins thru out the life of the grow , and I went with it.....My plant ended up a lil over 3 lbs when all was said and done , and I used a 5 gal bucket with a 7 gal oil change tub on top with a 3" tailpiece.....anyways....

Stretch on a 10 week cycle lasts 28 days , so from 5 weeks till end of cycle they`ll be swellin bigtime during lights out if environment and watts per sq ft are dialed during lights on , so again bro.....If it ain`t broke , don`t fix it.....If the plants are swellin and putting on weight , things are good.....

Go ask D9 or at least in his thread so you`ll get answers from more experienced PPK`ers than me , and even though I ran fast hydro for 20 yrs , all setups have different needs and requirements to function consistently at optimum performance ......Good luck and .....

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

p0opstlnksal0t

You need a normally closed motorized damper controlled by a humidistat or sonoff th16. I run a 6" normally closed damper bought from home Depot controlled by an auber instruments WiFi controller in my clone tent. It's contantly circulated air through a tee in the room. When temp or humidity reach my set point the damper opens and exhaust's out