What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Orange Pekoe Cambodian, Back to the Congo,HSO 707 HB

EvergreenState

A sign I like that's hanging up at my favorite butcher shop.
picture.php

EvergreenState

I wrote to Scotts, (I know, I know, Satan incarnate), to ask them a question about using Miracle Gro with HPS lights. I used it when I first started growing and had really good success with it. I've read other grow reports where people had some issues using it and I often wondered if it was because they were either feeding too much or too often or both.

The instructions on the box says to use one tablespoon per gallon once every two weeks for OUTDOOR plants and to start feeding with one quarter of a gallon and build up to feeding one gallon per plant; again this is feeding once every two weeks. For INDOOR growing it's one half of a teaspoon in one gallon of water, every two weeks. I honestly don't believe a lot of the (marijuana) fertilizers are that much different than Miracle Gro but I do think those marijuana fertilizer companies are making a whole lot of money by convincing people that they are. You can get a lot of Miracle Gro for very little money and it lasts for a very long time.

I thought that growing under HPS lights was very different than regular indoor growing because the light intensity was so much greater. I wondered if feeding for growing under HPS lights was more similar to growing outdoors and that the feeding should be similar, so I asked how I should feed while using HPS lights. Here is the response.

Thank you for contacting us and for the opportunity to help you with your gardening endeavors.

All Purpose Plant Food is diluted at a rate of 1 tablespoon for every gallon of water for outdoor plants. For houseplants, dilute the product at 1/2 teaspoon for each gallon of water or for the constant feeding method you may dilute the product at 1/4 teaspoon per gallon of water.* Even though you are growing with a more powerful lighting system, we still recommend using the 1/2 teaspoon per gallon rate for these plants.* The higher dilution rate takes into account other outdoor elements besides sunlight; rain, evaporation rates, etc.

Soak the roots at the base of the plant. This can be done every 1 to 2 weeks throughout the growing season. We do not recommend foliar (leaf) feeding on houseplants, however. These should be fed by soaking the soil around the plants.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us and for your interest in our products. Please feel free to contact us anytime we may be of assistance.

EvergreenState

Thank you 9Dragons. I appreciate the compliments.
The OPC has now been curing for about 3 months and 5 or so hits will get you high for 4 or 5 hours. Making concentrates out it would be frightening.

9DRAGONS

very nice, 4 to 5 hour ride.
i just had some nice loas weed, last week, onset was a little strange, then boom warp speed. head was crazy. so funny.

cheap as well 100 grams, 100$

not bad for the weed world we live in.

happy growing sir

EvergreenState

very nice, 4 to 5 hour ride.
i just had some nice loas weed, last week, onset was a little strange, then boom warp speed. head was crazy. so funny.

cheap as well 100 grams, 100$

not bad for the weed world we live in.

happy growing sir

$1 a gram. Not much profit in $1 a gram; great buyers market you have there. I wouldn't be growing much if I could get great pot for $1 a gram; especially if I knew it was grown cleanly.:biggrin:

9DRAGONS

hay buddy, well am not sure it was clean weed. but at that price, no i can not complain, and the high well sir it gets you a little bombed.

my friend smokes it all day, am like what the fuck. he sees to think it not that strong.
but for me, well i smoke hash normally, or oil i think it was quit strong

this cheap weed was killer. :)

if i had a constant supply of it, i think i would wash it down and process it. maybe bho, or rick simpson
i will see if i can get some pics of the loas weed, i call my friend, see if he can send me some pics over
have a great day

EvergreenState

9 Dragons I'd love to see photos of the Laos weed. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked similar to my Cambodian.
Here are a couple of photos of lowers from the OPC stored in a brown paper bag for many months; five plus I think. The high is fantastic. Everything seems better! Congratualtions Goldentree, you did a great job. I can't imagine anyone not loving the OPC. These buds were not trimmed tightly at all and I wanted it that way. I wanted to handle these buds as little as possible. It turned out to be the right choice. I'm very happy with the results from this grow and I'd encourage everyone to give these strains a shot, if available. My only regret is that I wasn't in a position to take cuts and breed with these. I think Goldentree has.
I don't know if Goldentree is in tbe position to take these seeds to market but I hope he is, for your sake. Of great value to the public in general. A real ray of sunshine.

EvergreenState

I had a few grams of The Back to the Congo, Deep Chunk pheno, smells like cherry candy, from Richard Williams left and I've been smoking it all day, tops off great and it is the best pot I've smoked in my life and I grew it.:artist: It's why we grow.
I've been smoking this all day and I've watched Iggy Pop-Old Grey Whistle Test 1979 04 24 by CountLesPaul on YouTube over and over. The best piece of art, for me, that I've seen in my life.
I love Iggy's, I don't give a fuck, attitude. The band is unbelieveable!:peacock:

Charles-scott

Veteran
I know someone who has a few packs of the OPC.

"Golden tree" did a better job on those f2 than reeferman did on the OPC.

When you go to post, go to advanced, on the right side theres an insert image button
:laughing:I had to Laugh at this because I collected the Cambodian in 1992 and did selections on hundreds and hundreds of plants over many years in many countries to breed the OPC .

I am currently growing out 640 females as we tagged them today searching for parent stock and production mothers for the rainy season .

I was pointed in this direction , Golden tree is a great guy I suggested he make the f-2 as I told him I would not be in a position for some time to work on the strain he did a stellar Job !
:thank you:
We are working on selections on all my old stock and many many new lines now but have no intended marketing direction things have changes so much and its nice to work for the love of the plant and just select the best of everything from my decades of work so people can enjoy smoking the flower and extracts .

Attachments

• IMG_6697.jpg
    IMG_6697.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6713.jpg
    IMG_6713.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 21

EvergreenState

I don't know how much selection Golden Tree did because he didn't say. Obviously the real selection was done by Reeferman many years ago.
I read a grow report from GT on the OPC on another site from, I think it was 2015 and he raved about it. He did several crosses with the OPC and I'm lucky enough to have 3 or 4 more of them.
The only problem with Reef's seeds is that there is frequently a problem of obtaining legitimate seeds from a legitimate source.

Last edited:

herbgreen

Veteran
charles-scott you should just takeback your name!

You are Reeferman

Unless you somehow sold or traded these people your identity in some transaction we dont know about

Just take back you name, run all the IBLs, landrace, and new stuff you got on a USA site and just get it all in one place

Do up some auctions, reverse auctions, breeder packs

If you still have all this old gear these bozos are knocking off please take back your name

And then you can straighten out the business

You got some good shit....Let it be known

Be an ICmag vendor!

EvergreenState

Smoked a joint of my, 9 month cured at 65% humidity, Golden Tree F2 of Reeferman's Orange Pekoe Cambodian.
Smooth as silk with a nice woody, incense flavor. Great total body buzz, long lasting, potent with good focus. The body buzz is intense and leaves you plastered to the sofa. You have enough energy to go about your business, especially if your business is being plastered to the sofa.
This is good medicine. I can see this being good for all types of ailments. A great all rounder. Highly recommended.