What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Catalonia

indalo

Hi all growers in Spain . Just read an article in the Independent about legalizing pot in Catalonia . Anybody that can confirm this ?

indalo

Cheers . Let's hope the Spanish government agrees . About time something happens here in Spain. Been waiting long enough .

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
It is a long way off sorted, and there is the illegal devolution referendum planned by the catalan separatists running now as well... things are always complex here.

Pot will NOT BE LEGALISED... These rules are to regulate the club situation, allow them to grow their own supplies, tighten sales logs, further impede tourists. Public posession and use is a E700 fine (approx) and it is frequently enforced. Drug driving tests are also common, but currently only used for serious accidents and obviously stoned people.

It also mentions cracking down on the black market and acceptance (not legalisation exactly...) of home growing for personal use OUT OF PUBLIC VIEW. Again, not a real "law" but one the police have been clearly enforcing via word on the street for years. 10 years ago Barcelona was famous for "Balcony cannabis"... this has now all but disappeared. Plants out of view are left alone, by the Police, thieves, not, but reducing theft is part of the thing.

Minb

Even when it´s only refered to clubs regulation is a big step in my opinion, especially with the hope to do it extensive to all the national territory
Situation of clubs here is really uncomfortable because you only have the framework of previous sentences to imagine what you are allowed to do. And most of times depends on the judge. This produces a big disparity of results when dealing with similar situations.
So we only can imagine what we can do or not.

indalo

Thanks for the info. Chaos . Oh , well , I'll just carry on as I am then . Strange they leave the grow shops alone

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Yes, it does look like good news Minb, but it is a step that is not really a reality today despite the news reports, and it refers to the clubs... it is not really "Spain has legalised weed" as is being misreported

Moppel

Grower for Life
Veteran
Yes, it does look like good news Minb, but it is a step that is not really a reality today despite the news reports, and it refers to the clubs... it is not really "Spain has legalised weed" as is being misreported

yes its catalonia regulating the situation with the clubs (which Holland didnt manage to do for 40+ years), Not Spain.

inbetween

yeah, that's the way i read it too.. not for the man on the street, just the clubs. Even then hard to find info on it, most i found was something like.. 150kg herb max for clubs per year and new members have to wait 15 days to buy product.
Still it seems Madrid could even overturn it eventually :/

kaochiu

Veteran

This.
But somehow they manage to feed half baked confusing news and this way they're cashing on it big time. The 600€ standard fine (half if you pay within 15 days and no complaint) it's getting so common that it's kinda tokers tax. Driving is getting dangerous for the regular toker too.
Specially if involved in an accident, of course, but the traffic cops are getting issued standard drug tests together with the alcohol ones, so them routine controls will grow tenfold.
Problem is it shows yesterday's joint too. That'll be one thousand bucks, sir, plus six out or your basic 12 points in your driving license. They're making a mint with that one. If driving with beach slippers, add 100.
So, visitors toking outdoors, watch out. Cops dislike outdoors tokers in Catalonia and all around Spain, and they hit them with their cashing stick, but while they do that, they call you "gentleman". "Caballero, me veo obligado a ponerle una infracción", they say. I don't know what they say to girls, milady or something.

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Thanks for the info. Chaos . Oh , well , I'll just carry on as I am then . Strange they leave the grow shops alone

Yes ,good non move ;)

Growshops... As part of the Operation Sativa running here at the moment they just raided 16 growshops and confiscated 120K Euro of seeds, because "the "packs give no clear declaration of origin and appear to be promoting drug varieties ,not Hemp.............. Think about it...

This appears to be the actions of conservative forces in Madrid, against the Liberal Catalans, grasping at straws essentially, days after one "law" was passed encouraging clubs and the transition to a more controlled, legal situation, they go medium retard on us.

Likewise, 3 years ago, a grand statement about how they want the clubs to produce their own, days later they raided the grow of the club of the president of the Cannabis Clubs Association.. who they had just been negotiating with... Full Retard..

So, not imediately trusting what you hear, never mind how "official" would always be my advice

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
What's going on in Catalonia? I read 90% voted for independence. Will it happen? Maybe lighten up on weed?

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
What's going on in Catalonia? I read 90% voted for independence. Will it happen? Maybe lighten up on weed?

The vote was never going to mean anything, it was illegal and largely disrupted, so basically only the fanatics voted.

In previous votes, it is split roughly 50/50, many Catalans do not support a breakaway state and many Spanish Spanish live here, many came 30 or 40 years ago.

Nobody knows what is going to happen

Weed is a minute pawn in the big game, I am absolutely certain that they turn a blind eye to it here because of the hundreds of millions it brings in to the local economy, itself a large part of the independence argument. Madrid and Paris are putting pressure on them to crack down, Barcelona have suggested legalising, regulating Club production, Madrid has yet to answer, but the violence and fall out will have buried that to all intents and purposes.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I was there allot in the 90s working in Barcelona and Madrid as well as vacationing in Costa Brava. Then it was the Basques looking for independence and violence was part of it. Even though they didn't break away, I think they view themselves as separate.

With the frontiers open, I'll bet it is big business.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never thought i woud see the Guardia civil behaving as i saw them in the late 70s,,,
proper full on para-mililitary,,,,very scary that they can turn on there own like that,,
Chaos are you saying all that voted out are fanatics even peeps like Gerard Pique and Pep Guardiola ?,,,,,,
bit like saying brexit voters were all racist,,,,,including the large amount of Asian and Afro carribean peeps who voted out,,,,,We voted stay not that it matters a shit now,,,
Like over here not a simple cut and dried matter i imagine,,,,,,s2

ChaosCatalunya

Veteran
Never thought i woud see the Guardia civil behaving as i saw them in the late 70s,,,
proper full on para-mililitary,,,,very scary that they can turn on there own like that,,
Chaos are you saying all that voted out are fanatics even peeps like Gerard Pique and Pep Guardiola ?,,,,,,
bit like saying brexit voters were all racist,,,,,including the large amount of Asian and Afro carribean peeps who voted out,,,,,We voted stay not that it matters a shit now,,,
Like over here not a simple cut and dried matter i imagine,,,,,,s2

You are right, it is a very complex situation

Pique and Guardiola are extremists, yes, clearly. What nobody in the UK knows is that Pep lived with the most famous Catalan Folk singer Lluis Llach, an openly gay man who was also equally open about smoking porros.

After 12 years here, speaking the lingo, spending a lot of time with the locals including being in relationships with them, yes, all Catalan Nationalism has a basis in Racism, it is ugly, but it is the truth.