Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Thread Title Search
Click for Weed Seed Shop
Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 PM #1
doob

doob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the rough
Android TV Box (Xbmc/Kodi) Discussion Thread

Hi IC, just wondering who uses these awesome little Android boxes? All my mates use them, and I got myself one this week.

You can watch/stream anything! With the right software installed..

They are getting pretty popular, and channels are always changing, so thought we can have a thread to share what works and what don't?

doob
doob is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:00 PM #2
Meraxes

Meraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant future
Wow no takers, I'll bite....Kodi's saved me so much money (well over 1K in the last year) in cable bills. I've completely killed cable, neflix, kinda need amazon for shipping, but dont need prime tv. Its essentially television heaven. Imagine a movie? poof there it is in HD. Addons for live tv are getting better as well with just about any channel. It's all on there. It's the gods gift to the lazy stoner...

Last edited by Meraxes; 03-16-2016 at 09:05 AM..
Meraxes is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 01:03 PM #3
Meraxes

Meraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant futureMeraxes has a brilliant future
You tried the new Nemesis wizard build? its got Dexter, latest sportsdevil, genesis (which is dying), 123movies is new (has lots of hd theater)
Meraxes is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 02:20 PM #4
doob

doob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the roughdoob is a jewel in the rough
no haven't seen it, I got the latest sport devil tho which is amazing haha. You sound like the typical android box user I know, a salesman as they so good!

I dropped sky tv. Which was £50 a month so saving loads and not missing anything so far, odd stream drops out and annoys me, but overall very happy!

Yeah be great to see more cannabis stuff on there, there is nug something or other which shows dispensary info and tests some buds, not great.

Thanks for the reply, will check out nemesis.
doob is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 02:25 PM #5
ganjygav
Cannalise Legabis

ganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud ofganjygav has much to be proud of
I use kodi to my tv through chromecast. I'm getting it on a firestick because I'm told it's more reliable and plays smoother than the boxes. I've only been using kodi for a month but so far I've got my neighbour,my sister and cousin all on it and they are dropping sky now lol.
In 1972, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....maybe you can hire The A-Team.
ganjygav is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:33 PM #6
doob

Another Kodi salesman haha! Fair play, well let us know how the stick goes!

I was looking at a small Acer pc box same size, with full windows on it as well, bit more pricey mind but be a lot faster I would of thought.
doob is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:35 PM #7
Meraxes

haha well the british have way better tv than us. Even the history channel is now all reality shows. If I want history, I go to either dexter or BBTS, and watch the british Discovery History. A lot of the sport links for sportsdevil are either Sky or BT, and that includes USA sports.

Last edited by Meraxes; 03-16-2016 at 09:25 AM..
Meraxes is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 02:39 PM #8
doob

Yeah for football (soccer) it is great as I support Arsenal and they always on in the US and Canada, the games aren't even shown over here and I am watching it live for free sports devil is a must

I haven't used Dexter either, mainly on Phoenix and Genesis for shows
doob is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 02:39 PM #9
Meraxes

not a salesman, but crossed the mind since they make a killing loading up all the good addons for people and selling them lol.

Edit 3/15/2016: Dont do this. Kodi released a statement saying that people trying to sell loaded boxes on Ebay and Amazon are causing chaos in the Kodi community, and is compromising Kodi itself. Don't mess with a good thing, and buy raw brand new boxes. They're cheaper anyway. Loading your addons yourself is very easy, and there is plenty of help on youtube. I give instructions on page...shit I don't know..

Last edited by Meraxes; 03-16-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Meraxes is offline Quote

Old 01-12-2016, 02:41 PM #10
Meraxes

k give me a minute I got the shit for ya
Meraxes is offline Quote