What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my first indoor grow

lulzz

Ya I think I need to step up the dose, If you subtract the tap water at 90 PPM from the 330 I put in, That means only 240 PPM of actual BioBizz was used. That is very low for a 3 week old plant. But with the unknown amount of fertilizer in the soil. I did not want to risk burning my plants up. I guess I will step up the next watering to full dosage. I want to do a foliar spray with BioHeaven and TopMax now because i want to stop the deficiency and not wait until the next watering in 3 days. I posted a picture in the Infirmary. I hope someone can tell me for sure whats up.

until you know for sure if top max and bio heaven are safe to spray on, u can always do 1 / 1.5 ml/L algamic and try spray em with that, algamic helps with chlorophyll production too

T

The_Core

until you know for sure if top max and bio heaven are safe to spray on, u can always do 1 / 1.5 ml/L algamic and try spray em with that, algamic helps with chlorophyll production too

Thanks bro. I was reading online it says that Alg-a-mic is safe just like you said and it contains magnesium. The guys at the infirmary said its a magnesium shortage. I cant risk watering again so soon , i don't want overwatering or over fertilization problems on top of my magnesium deficiency. I mixed up 7ml of alg-a-mic for a liter of water and 3 drops of superthrive and I gave my plant a nice foliar soaking. I am hoping I see improvements tomorrow. Next time I water I am going full strength nutrients and if they burn a little then oh well. My plant is growing so slow and staying so shorts its very annoying to me.

lulzz

Thanks bro. I was reading online it says that Alg-a-mic is safe just like you said and it contains magnesium. The guys at the infirmary said its a magnesium shortage. I cant risk watering again so soon , i don't want overwatering or over fertilization problems on top of my magnesium deficiency. I mixed up 7ml of alg-a-mic for a liter of water and 3 drops of superthrive and I gave my plant a nice foliar soaking. I am hoping I see improvements tomorrow. Next time I water I am going full strength nutrients and if they burn a little then oh well. My plant is growing so slow and staying so shorts its very annoying to me.

sounds like a good idea, im sure you will see improvements within short time

i got kinda same problem, im scared to check runoff on the last pots because they are already full of water and i don't want to risk rotting my roots

if there is only 300 ppm in there and thats all she got for long time she's prolly hungry as fuck, but i still think you should start out with 50/75 % strength, adding too much at once could cause the roots to get shocked, i started out good with 25/50/75/100 %, i just forgot to flush somewhere in between

im sure that if you give them 60-70 % strength the growth will explode and you wont shock the roots too much, when i fed 50 % day 18 they raised 5-10 cm in 1.5 day, and before they weren't moving at all

T

The_Core

sounds like a good idea, im sure you will see improvements within short time

i got kinda same problem, im scared to check runoff on the last pots because they are already full of water and i don't want to risk rotting my roots

if there is only 300 ppm in there and thats all she got for long time she's prolly hungry as fuck, but i still think you should start out with 50/75 % strength, adding too much at once could cause the roots to get shocked, i started out good with 25/50/75/100 %, i just forgot to flush somewhere in between

im sure that if you give them 60-70 % strength the growth will explode and you wont shock the roots too much, when i fed 50 % day 18 they raised 5-10 cm in 1.5 day, and before they weren't moving at all

Ok I will go 50-75% next water and see how it goes. I looked up online the only two biobizz nutrients your supposed to foliar spray is algamic and fish mix. Algamic it said was a bio stimulant with no risk of burning plant but fish mix is a fertilizer just like bio grow and you have to very very dilute it for foliar spray. Ya i wouldn't water right away but you know whats best for your plants. I know when I transplant into a bigger container I am putting a small layer of hydroton at the bottom to help drain water away from the grow bag.

lulzz

Ok I will go 50-75% next water and see how it goes. I looked up online the only two biobizz nutrients your supposed to foliar spray is algamic and fish mix. Algamic it said was a bio stimulant with no risk of burning plant but fish mix is a fertilizer just like bio grow and you have to very very dilute it for foliar spray. Ya i wouldn't water right away but you know whats best for your plants. I know when I transplant into a bigger container I am putting a small layer of hydroton at the bottom to help drain water away from the grow bag.

fish mix can also be sprayed but biobizz suggest only to do that on outdoor grows, and i found out why, a few sprays with that shit and your tent stinks like crap for a week :S

my drainage is really bad, a newbie mistake, there should be way more perlite in this mix, and like you i should have put something in bottom for better drain, i'm gonna fix that for next grow, and most likely use smart pots

lulzz

and btw, not sure how much you are into the ec thingy, but from my understanding, its good to find a value that you want it to stay at, and then you check the runoff again after few days, if the ec raises then the plant is drinking water and not taking nutes in, then you need to add clean water, if it lowers u keep feeding it, trying to make it stay at that certain value, yours could be 500 ppm / 1 ec, i guess i have to go 1.5 or 2

T

The_Core

I have only heard good things about smart pots. I use grow bags right now, but I might have to upgrade myself. That makes sense with the fish mix. I only used the algamic and my place smells like a pond now. I used alot of perlite in my mix but too much vermiculite so my soil is very heavy and kinda compacted, When I repot I will use that hydroton and maybe add some more perlite. I dont know about where you live, but in Sweden, perlite is expensive, so is vermiculite. Hell everything is expensive.

lulzz

I have only heard good things about smart pots. I use grow bags right now, but I might have to upgrade myself. That makes sense with the fish mix. I only used the algamic and my place smells like a pond now. I used alot of perlite in my mix but too much vermiculite so my soil is very heavy and kinda compacted, When I repot I will use that hydroton and maybe add some more perlite. I dont know about where you live, but in Sweden, perlite is expensive, so is vermiculite. Hell everything is expensive.

i live in denmark, i got a perlite factory nearby where i can get it for 1 dollar each 5 liters of it, not that bad for my tiny grow, but yeah its all getting expensive, + a friend of a friend kinda screwed me with some of my items i bought, i think i could make this same setup for 1/3 of the price i gave, people are just greedy bastards with no morale nowadays

T

The_Core

i live in denmark, i got a perlite factory nearby where i can get it for 1 dollar each 5 liters of it, not that bad for my tiny grow, but yeah its all getting expensive, + a friend of a friend kinda screwed me with some of my items i bought, i think i could make this same setup for 1/3 of the price i gave, people are just greedy bastards with no morale nowadays

It seems like these days everybody is trying to fuck somebody. Its nearly impossible to make good friends. Greed is going to be the downfall of this world. I know that half of the equipment I have right now I cant even buy over here, and if I happen to find it, it costs double or triple what I pay in the USA. And if I order from the USA, I have to pay VAT and Duty Fees, plus the ridiculous cost of shipping. Either way, I get fucked.

T

The_Core

I think its like 200-300 SEK for a small bag of perlite. In the states I could buy a 50 pound bag for that much. Shit is crazy over in Europe.

lulzz

I think its like 200-300 SEK for a small bag of perlite. In the states I could buy a 50 pound bag for that much. Shit is crazy over in Europe.

yeah, in denmark we only have a few growshops, so the demand is massive, and they can charge what ever they like for things

but all hope is not lost, the shop im buying from now has the best shop owner i ever met, this guy is amazing, most of the times i get things at 3-5 % more than what he pay, sometimes even less

if i go to that factory here i get 200 liters for 250-300 sek

T

The_Core

200 Liters damn. Nice. Thats real nice. There is only 1 grow shop in Sweden. Its online. They charge alot. Ordering from Germany or Holland is a lot more cost effective. Even the UK has a bunch. Sweden is very very anti Cannabis.

lulzz

200 Liters damn. Nice. Thats real nice. There is only 1 grow shop in Sweden. Its online. They charge alot. Ordering from Germany or Holland is a lot more cost effective. Even the UK has a bunch. Sweden is very very anti Cannabis.

donnu where in sweeden u live, but the factory in denmark is located in "hillerød" within 50-100 km of the danish/swe border, mb its cheaper that way if you can get the company to ship it to you, the name is "perlite danmark"

T

The_Core

donnu where in sweeden u live, but the factory in denmark is located in "hillerød" within 50-100 km of the danish/swe border, mb its cheaper that way if you can get the company to ship it to you, the name is "perlite danmark"

Thanks bro I will check that out. Maybe I can order or pick some up when I am over that way.

lulzz

day 42, 11 days into 12/12

found a temporary solution to my ventilation problem, putting a small fan at the bottom intake and keeping the top outtake open will create decent enough airflow to keep the humid around 40 in night times, but in few weeks, the smell will be a problem too, donnu wtf im gonna do

im not sure what to do about defoliation yet, over ½ half my canopy is fan leaves, they are shading for the bottom pretty much, but the bottom shoots seems to find their way to the top anyway, im thinking to wait about a week or 2 until stretch stops, then remove most of the old fan leaves and start tying down some of the top shoots?

another newbie mistake is that i topped and fimmed way too late, so the tops is pretty high up now, would it be be dangerous or stupid to bend and tie too much in this stage of flowering? im thinking to bend down the tops 10-25 cm to hit the net, making it easy to tie down top shoots

Attachments

• 20140101_180408.jpg
    20140101_180408.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20140101_180523.jpg
    20140101_180523.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140101_180709.jpg
    20140101_180709.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140101_180840.jpg
    20140101_180840.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140101_182126.jpg
    20140101_182126.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140101_182545.jpg
    20140101_182545.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140101_182358.jpg
    20140101_182358.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140101_182316.jpg
    20140101_182316.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140101_182234.jpg
    20140101_182234.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140101_182221.jpg
    20140101_182221.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 11
T

The_Core

day 42, 11 days into 12/12

found a temporary solution to my ventilation problem, putting a small fan at the bottom intake and keeping the top outtake open will create decent enough airflow to keep the humid around 40 in night times, but in few weeks, the smell will be a problem too, donnu wtf im gonna do

im not sure what to do about defoliation yet, over ½ half my canopy is fan leaves, they are shading for the bottom pretty much, but the bottom shoots seems to find their way to the top anyway, im thinking to wait about a week or 2 until stretch stops, then remove most of the old fan leaves and start tying down some of the top shoots?

another newbie mistake is that i topped and fimmed way too late, so the tops is pretty high up now, would it be be dangerous or stupid to bend and tie too much in this stage of flowering? im thinking to bend down the tops 10-25 cm to hit the net, making it easy to tie down top shoots

Defoliating is a touchy topic here. Some swear its a good idea and some say its a terrible idea. I would take a look at some grows on icmag that used defoliation and see how it went for them. Your grow looks great brother. Good job!

T

The_Core

I have my 435 CFM inline hooked up to the 550 CFM Phresh Filter 6x24 model. Its humming along. Not too loud. I think I wont use a speed controller.

lulzz

Defoliating is a touchy topic here. Some swear its a good idea and some say its a terrible idea. I would take a look at some grows on icmag that used defoliation and see how it went for them. Your grow looks great brother. Good job!

thx mate, i been waiting on this for years, such a great feeling finally getting started, i cant describe how piss'd i am about not being able to grow in proper settings, i have 20 m² i could make whatever i want in but i cant cause noise and other shit :/

about defoliation, im thinking about only taking off the old fan leafs, not any of the new 2nd leafs, i read about so much and now i got a bit confused, the first fan leafs that supports the first shoots, are they gonna fall off early in flowering by them self as new fan leafs is made, or are they staying?

i have to start tying down the tops or they will get too high, and with this many fan leaf's, mainly the old it would be impossible

some pics in better light, i fixed the wire on my 125 cfl bulb, tomorrow im gonna remove the reflector and place the cfl somewhere in there, fuck the bill :D

btw, look at the last picture, its the plant that got most shocked from the fimming and is just starting to grow a little again, it started some strange growth, on left is a fan leaf, on right is 3 top shoots, the main stem decided to grow a little longer and then trow a shoot out some random place, lol

Attachments

• 20140102_233453.jpg
    20140102_233453.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20140102_235528.jpg
    20140102_235528.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140102_235719.jpg
    20140102_235719.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 20140102_235739.jpg
    20140102_235739.jpg