What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When should I flower?

Ooterz

A lot of low stress training to. I would pull down the highest top let another take place so on and so forth

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I should've stayed more on top of my LST. I went several weeks without going back to it and it was a damned jungle in there. On each of the plants that I re-LSTd last night, there was one long, stretchy stem that wasn't going to produce right near the bottom. So I nipped off one from each plant. If i would've stayed on top of it it would've been better. But it's just for myself anyway, so that's still going to be a shit load of smoke if I get all the way to harvest.

festerous

Veteran
I had a really slow bloomer so I flushed it really well, then hit it with a strong dose of nutes and a teaspoon of Epson salts. Despite some burnt tips it caught up to the rest of the plant's within a week.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I really enjoy fussing with them too, but I just got busy. I also had the timer set up so that the only real time I could work on them while the lights were on wasn't a convenient time for me, so that kind of sucked.

I had "high" hopes for the G13. I've heard such good things about the smoke. I have to say the plants aren't very impressive. They have the least smell on the stems. The Warheads actually stank, and they're also about twice as robust and finish faster. We'll see about the G13. They also may not be a good strain for LST in general because they tend to have that one donkey dick cola, and honestly they haven't put out a whole lot in secondary colas even with the LST.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I had a really slow bloomer so I flushed it really well, then hit it with a strong dose of nutes and a teaspoon of Epson salts. Despite some burnt tips it caught up to the rest of the plant's within a week.

Oh, thanks for the tip Fest! I'll check that out. I can flush the crap out of them tomorrow, and I think I have some Epsom.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
See, now you did a ton of pruning on there. Looking very neat and orderly. I'm a little bit scared to prune that much, though I've seen on other sites where people swear by it.

Xmo --

I happened to buy some molasses at the store tonight, I'll give that a twirl when I water tomorrow. I've been meaning to go up to the hydro store and get some Azomite, too -- I hear regular gardeners talking about what monster yield they get with it, and weed farmers too. Seems like Azomite would probably provide everything the epsom salts would, and then some maybe.

My girls all have a ton of bud sites on them, it's really exciting. Every day they're filling out.

attachment.php

Even the G13 buds are becoming obvious. Let's see if the molasses and Azo kick them into gear.

attachment.php

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Yep. All were from seed. Only the G13s were fem, I got way lucky!

i went to put my little CO2 generator (dog) into her crate in the grow room, and the lights were still on. I had thought with the daylight savings they'd be off. I need to really double check that tomorrow. I haven't touched the timer, so can't imagine how it would've got messed up. But it made me nervous, you know? The flowers are really starting to kick now, it would really suck to get set back over a stupid mistake like bumping the timer.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats some pretty aggro pruning there ooterz

no worries about airflow eh?

be a pretty good contrast ~i dont clip 'em @ all

Latest posts

Latest posts