What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Indoor almost finished - Several Doubts

Hello friends:tiphat:

After surviving crops every year with my mini cab, I decided to make a more appropriate indoor, this time I have many doubts and I would like to help me a bit with this.

Here I leave a picture

Attachments

• OK.jpg
    OK.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 15

Rougarou

I'm kind of a noob (first grow several years ago was a meteoric failure, 2nd grow imminent) but to me that seems like a whole lot of volume for that lil fan to be handling. Were you planning on running any odor control?

I have several fans available, I put more than one per level, all the necessary to keep my temperature stable. On the issue of odor filter I implement it later, I can wait a bit because I do not run any risk.

gaz_0001

Those fans look pretty weak, unsure on the spec, but they may be ok, providing you dont over do it with the lights.

For that size enclosures, with what im presuming to be relatively poor fans, at sub 70 cfm,
id go with 2x250w HPS Flower, bout 200w ish for vegging, and 100w is for the cuts.

I do think your pushing it though.

The fans are crap, the space is not tall enough for each enclosure.

You have to factor in the height of the pots, the size of the light and reflector, and the distance away from the lights the plants have to be.

Height and cooling are always going to be an issue in that design....you can get some bud out of it though, but its going to be a grow full of problems and issues.

The original idea was to be an indoor only to vegetate (Flowering would be a 3rd level of vegetation to the maximum stretch), but I thought adding the flora since I am moving soon and I will leave this for my brother so takes his first steps as a cultivator , then when I moved, I will design one according to my needs.

For growth, I use only PLLs, increasing the amount by level according to the requirements (CUTTINGS, mothers, etc.) and volume.

The fans have CFM: 97/117, thought to use them for making the calculation according to the volume of each.

In the first two levels, thought to make a passive intraction and put fans as needed for extraction.

For flowering, I will buy one that is most suitable for extraction and intraction with fans you already know.

With respect to heat, the room has a large air conditioner will be directed to the intake of the indoor to ensure fresh air entry.

My intention is to use the indoor structure that I received as a gift ($ 0), you just need to put the accessories to make the most intelligently.

Thanks mate, I hear more opinions ..:tumbleweed:

I understand, given that fact, it could be done using two 250 vertical or horizontal (I'm thinking that), also using any technique (SCROG, LST, ETC) to maintain safe distance and avoid burning plants. Given that the height of the pot affects the space I have available between the plant and light, would try to use smaller pots (5lt)..

cravin morehead

Veteran
i would suggest making 2 cabinets. use 1 for flowering and the other, maybe smaller, for moms/cloning. use the fans you have to vent the mom/clone cab. in the flowering cabinet, use 2- 250w and a more powerful fan. if you're trying to keep as quiet as you can, maybe try the panasonic whisper fans. they are powerful and quiet, they cost more but are worth it. you can build your odor control like this : https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=45196

IMO, you will have more success with an approach like this. i feel your design is nice and efficient, but just lacks size and real- world effectiveness. try not to cut corners at the expense of your roots. when designing systems, overkill while building, pays off over the long haul...

good luck
cm

Have you looked at tents like the Secret Jardin? you could do that with 2 tents nicely and not have to worry about height so much

i dont know your space restrictions though

Latest posts

Latest posts