What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stumbled on this grow last fall

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I stumbled on this grow last fall (2nd week of Sept) while I was exploring a local forest on my quad. I caught the tops out of the corner of my eye, and the first thing that went through my mind was "I didn't know Pineapples grew in Canada!" I kid you not. lol.

I didn't take any because it could have been someone's meds, and I have more than I can smoke in a year. Maybe two. But I did go back mid october after the harvest to pick some popcorn so I could sample it. I should have left them with a cardboard thumbs up. Nice smooth grow.

I know they're Indica, and I guess 100cm max max max. Mostly 2 1/2 feet tall. The popcorn buds and sugar leaves were turning a nice purple and shimmered beautifully in the sunlight after 2 healthy frosts, so I know they're Canadian hardy.

I only had my phone so they're shitty pictures. I didn't get close because I didn't want to leave tracks that would force the grower to panic and harvest early, missing optimal trichome stage.

Any guesses what these look like or could be?

mack 10

Veteran
Sweet patch. Big ups to you for doing the right thing

Most people would of stole it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Why steal them? I knew lowlifes that would when I was a kid, but they're all living on the street today. You can spend accumulated bad karma in the same lifetime. You don't have to wait for the next.

In July, we can grow 4 legally as long as they're not over 3 feet tall. I know it's stupid, but hey... can't look a gift horse in the mouth. but You can be sure I'll be LST and Manifolding/Mainlining mine as many times as possible. lol.
image26629.jpg

Betterhaff

Veteran
Good move in leaving it be. I’ve had a couple of guerilla grows ripped, not only is it a loss of goods (not to mention the time and effort) but the site is now compromised for the future. I had one site I grew at for years and had the holes well seasoned, got ripped and had to move on.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Years ago, my friend's father was a security nut. When you opened the door, a camera flash would hit you in the face. Scared the crap out of me every time. Even though I knew it was fake and there was no camera, we're conditioned to believe there is one, and I believed it too.

I think I'll put a camera flash up in a tree with Lith-ion batteries in a couple grow sites. lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Jolly decent of you old chap.

I wish that everyone had the same mind-set.

BIG K - PLUS!

B

bigganjabud

I stumbled on this grow last fall (2nd week of Sept) while I was exploring a local forest on my quad. I caught the tops out of the corner of my eye, and the first thing that went through my mind was "I didn't know Pineapples grew in Canada!" I kid you not. lol.

I didn't take any because it could have been someone's meds, and I have more than I can smoke in a year. Maybe two. But I did go back mid october after the harvest to pick some popcorn so I could sample it. I should have left them with a cardboard thumbs up. Nice smooth grow.

I know they're Indica, and I guess 100cm max max max. Mostly 2 1/2 feet tall. The popcorn buds and sugar leaves were turning a nice purple and shimmered beautifully in the sunlight after 2 healthy frosts, so I know they're Canadian hardy.

I only had my phone so they're shitty pictures. I didn't get close because I didn't want to leave tracks that would force the grower to panic and harvest early, missing optimal trichome stage.

Any guesses what these look like or could be?
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807026&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75404&pictureid=1807025&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

You sir are a diamond!!

bd0t

Why steal them? I knew lowlifes that would when I was a kid, but they're all living on the street today. You can spend accumulated bad karma in the same lifetime. You don't have to wait for the next.

In July, we can grow 4 legally as long as they're not over 3 feet tall. I know it's stupid, but hey... can't look a gift horse in the mouth. but You can be sure I'll be LST and Manifolding/Mainlining mine as many times as possible. lol.

They removed the height restriction to the 4 plant rule when things go legal.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

I can understand, but not everyone will be able to purchase LCBO pot. As for seeds, the cheapest seeds are regulars. So if they get regular seeds and 2, 3 or 4 are males, they're out of luck for 6-9 months? Probably wasted more like a year because it's expensive to grow indoor.

therevverend

Veteran
'Any guesses what these look like or could be?'

I'd need a good close up of a flower and even then it could be one of dozens of different strains. Obviously they're squat wide leaf Afghani Indicas, the purple pineapple shape and frost gives that away. Looks like a great strain for growing in the north. Especially if they weren't moldy in mid October.
I'd be tempted to grab a couple cuttings of lower limbs, put them under florescent lights for a couple months. Maybe 50/50 but if they snapped out of flower by December you could veg them for spring. I've done it before with plants that were harvestable.
When I was a teenager I was picking mushrooms with friends, playing cat and mouse with the cops who patrolled the area. We found three plants not too far from the road near the cow fields. They'd fallen over from the weather and were partially molded into the ground.
We talked it over and decided the growers hadn't realized it was near a mushroom field, saw the cops busting people and ditched the plants. It was mid October, late for harvest time in the area. We came back at night when the cops were gone and took the plants.
Still feel guilty about it, I got into a car accident earlier that day. Hanging out with drunk crazy hippie chicks, they drove their VW bus into a ditch. Busted a hole in my chin I could see my teeth through. I figured it was part of the crazy karma.
Got lost in the woods looking for the plants, stumbling through blackberry bushes with a bloody rag jammed on my face. My friends were completely turned around. I'd noticed there was a big orange harvest moon rising in the east so I used that to find the moldy pot. It was quite the fiasco, as it should be. Stealing is stealing even though we tried to justify it.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing

Yup. Found it. You can grow a tree, but you still can't have more than 30 grams of dried flower.

So once you've smoked your 30 grams, you have to wait another year to grow another 30 grams? Just doesn't make sense. I can make wine and brew beer at home to my heart's content, but only 30g once a year? Not everyone can spend a small fortune in Ontario Hydro and indoor grow equipment.

If a couple Senators would have been growers, they could have corrected this. Maybe it will at second reading, but I'm not holding my breath.
picture.php

mushroombrew

Veteran
I tend to stay well back.

Lived in Hawaii over two decades and saw plenty while out pounding my YZF450.

F quads lol.

Also saw plenty of trail cams, perimeter alarms, deadfalls and lots and lots of fish hooks in the trees like long lines.
The fish hooks are a gift for anyone dropping out a chopper.

Once I lost my dog. Someone had cut a 3x3x8ft deep hole!! No pungees thank F. Pitbull was fine but took some creativity getting a 90lbs animal out!

You have no idea how hard it is to dig in that clay. Must have taken a week. Right on the damn trail too! Finally I found the old, abandoned terrace. Great spot no wonder they protected it.

Basically a dangerous environment and worth staying away from. Nothing good comes from being at a patch...