What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NoRCal Vs SoCal dispensaries

vynlpheen

If they did have the og clones at the club it would be hard to tell if it was the real thing. I wouldnt make that $1000 gamble for a cutting.

Mercer

Norcal has generally better pricing on everything and better quality concentrates

Socal has actually started to get a lot better price and quality wise
I have picked up multiple 8ths of full melt hash for 80 a piece, 25 a gram
the best kush can now be found for 65, and the sweet, dark, and potent purples that you folks from the bay are loving so much is down here going for 45

things are changing
best bet is to grow your own if you are able

Peace

JBIG420

sorry the purples in Nor Cal are 10 times better than in SoCal... and people are constantly trying to prove to me otherwise but when put head to head with some good norcal purple strains... no contest

personally I think it has to do with the fact that anyone in NorCal can grow HUGELY more plants that are "legally" allowed in la... thus just about everyone who grows will grow as many as they can, or are allowed to... thus resulting in more people bringing strains to sell to the clubs... and this the clubs with so much variety to choose from, are more picky about what they will buy and thus only buy the best quality/priced medicine

in LA, people can "legally" grow 6 plants... and most people here don't grow... and then the ones who do are limited by various other problems... thus less strains are brought in to be sold... HOWEVER, the demand here is FAR more high and so virtually anything and everything is acceptable... the rareity of these super strains is simply because of the growers

and to all you people who think these clubs are gettign strains from all over the world... your VERY mislead... as almost everything they sell is grown locally or semi locally... I would say 90% are strains brought in by a local grower

and for socal... I know COUNTLESS growers who are selling clones and their grown out strains to these clubs... and they almost NEVER have enough for them to buy, and I know a number of them have sold OG clones that are NOT OG clones (as I know the grower) and all sorts of other worderfull BS goes on at our local socal places... from hyping Sativas to mislabeling to adding scent to strains... its quite ridiculous what they do to sell... and in socal, medical mj is still all about $$$ sadlly

Warrior

JBIG420 said:
sorry the purples in Nor Cal are 10 times better than in SoCal... and people are constantly trying to prove to me otherwise but when put head to head with some good norcal purple strains... no contest

Have you been to The Health Center on sunset Blvd. It's run by NorCali's, and they get all their purples from up north. From what I hear, the purples look good and crystally but overall the herb isn't as potent as other socal clubs.

LAPCG and CPG in hollywood are sister stores of BPG in Berkeley. NOrcal patients have noted that the strains are the same as the ones sold up north. Yet CPG and Lapcg have just "okay" quality and it's the same herb as BPG.

UMCC gets their herb from up north as well, and again quality is average.

Proof that not all nor cal herb is good.

Wish the high end nor cal clubs would open a location down south.

Mercer

JBIG420 said:

lol
the purples in most socal clubs come directly from norcal
check out the health center, their san leandro shop closed and they brought all the good purps down here with them

as for the rest of your post I somewhat agree, the scene here in socal is definitely money oriented and not compassion/patient oriented

it is sad when a strain that really helps comes along only to be taxed up to $100 an 8th

more patients and truly compassionate caregivers who grow their own high quality medicine will help to break through this trend

Peace

Mercer

oh yeah Warrior the meds at the health center are really quality, it just so happens that a lot of weedtracker-ers sadly think that lower price automatically equals lower quality and vice versa

JBIG420

I appreciate your help guys, but rest assured I've been to ALL of these shops... and often

I also know people deeply involved with certain ones, as well as the people who are providing the clones and strains... and despite what you read/have been told... the bud here is mostly grown locally... if any club owners would like to admit it on here it would be great

saddly most norcal shops that open in socal do it for money...

LAPCG is not even 1000 times the shop BPG is... and there are 2 BPGs in Norcal and the big one is BY FAR the better. I have also been to CPG which is an attempt at bringing that kinda service here... but saddly this is also nowhere near as good a shop not in quality of strains or in terms of service

read my articles in Treating Yourself Magazine, I try to only report on the clubs I like, so as to help people find the medicine and care they need, next one is comming in June

and also... just FYI... I live in Hollywood so I have way more access to the local shops than the norcal ones, and just being a general customer I have found it to be far far superior

G

hey fellas,

I think we should open up a online shop. and sell meds at a reasonable price to people who need it 60 to 100 8ths is bullshit. i use an 8th every three days and thats way to much for an average person who has medical issues to be forking out that kind of cash. anyone have info on how to start something like this up Pm me. It would be all about helping people not about ripping them off for something thats not there fault. Fuck Yea! :woohoo:

earthinhabitant

Have you tried earth collective, I have not been there, however have heard and read it is okay place from several sources.

Will not go into there menu, sure you all can check out WT for more insight to chew on...they do carry clones of Kush, however again, have not ever been there and only going by gossip reports :)

420Kush my PM box is not working here due to the lack of post, I have some information on what you requested, feel free to PM via any other site that we share charter on and will pass it along!

Last edited:

Mercer

JBIG420 said:
I appreciate your help guys, but rest assured I've been to ALL of these shops... and often

I also know people deeply involved with certain ones, as well as the people who are providing the clones and strains... and despite what you read/have been told... the bud here is mostly grown locally... if any club owners would like to admit it on here it would be great

saddly most norcal shops that open in socal do it for money...

LAPCG is not even 1000 times the shop BPG is... and there are 2 BPGs in Norcal and the big one is BY FAR the better. I have also been to CPG which is an attempt at bringing that kinda service here... but saddly this is also nowhere near as good a shop not in quality of strains or in terms of service

read my articles in Treating Yourself Magazine, I try to only report on the clubs I like, so as to help people find the medicine and care they need, next one is comming in June

and also... just FYI... I live in Hollywood so I have way more access to the local shops than the norcal ones, and just being a general customer I have found it to be far far superior

if I had only read and heard about it I would probably take your word for it
however, I have seen firsthand that a huge percentage of the good purples and a lot of other strains come from norcal

anyways what is your favorite club in socal jbig?

G

My norcal club has been taking over by some hells angels looking fools. Im not too sure hat happen but i didnt want to ask to many questions. I dont think i will go there no longer being that they are getting out of hand with prices. they have some stuff called purps. it has a little purple in it but for 500.00 bucks an OZ is retarded and they could shove it all up in there ass. ive smoked it a few weeks back and no way worth 500. And not to sure about those biker dudes. :badday:

Warrior

Hey JBIG, the Purple Coconut in San Diego used to bring down its purples from its sister club Dragonfly in the Bay Area. I noticed that their purples were in their prime potency when fresh, but the taste and strength diminished when it dried out a little bit. Very short shelf life.

Could that be why you've had bad experience with purples from SoCal clubs? I purchased some very strong, very fresh Purple Erkle from a San Leandro club, but after a couple of weeks the grape taste disappeared and it only seemed half as potent after the stickiness went away...

JBIG420

despite the same names, I have reason to believe the strains are completely different all together. don't get me wrong, I have had good purple here, but its rare and generally a little pricey (if its good)

there are more than enough places for growers to sell to locally in SF/Oakland and the like... if anything does come to socal, it is generally what will not sell in SF/Oakland. clubs here do not pay much more for their product than the places up there, its things like rent and what have you that they claim is their reason for charging more (except for kush varieties which often are more costly even to the dispensary)

G

Wow hello all,

went to san fran today awesome clubs!!! $10 gram deals
Mr nice guys was awesome nice lounge and chick at counter was bangin!!
way cheaper than LA clubs by far. hell cheaper than my local club too!
valencia street caregivers was awesome too great deals nice cafe
ketama collective was really nice too nice clone sellection also.

i would say its safe to say san fran is americas amsterdam!! im going ot hit up all of them and put out a review..good luck people

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I don't believe any of this shit. Here in America, I am afraid of who's watching when I buy rolling papers. You would be likely to be arrested anywhere, in any town if you were so bold as to light up a joint in your own back yard and someone smelled it. My goal in life is not to die in prison for growing flowers. And you folks expect us to believe that you are whining about the quality and cost of weed and clones sold openly in stores that you can just walk in? I don't believe in any of this shit.
UnHap

G

maybe you better stay away from the other drugs you may be taking..........

Latest posts

Latest posts