What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BOG NYCD F2 Grow

G

Need Help

Need Help

Well, something is wrong with my NYCD. I think when i transplanted them i over watered them, but i could be wrong. The leaves are all dropping and the pot's are heavy. The leaves feel dry to the touch, but i don't know if that helps. Man, i need to get these babies back to being healthy again. If anyone can help that would be super. I'm not a soil person, so i'm guessing. I'm using Bog's soil mixture and Fox Farm Grow Big. Here are a few pictures.
Thanks everyone

showphoto.php

showphoto.php

FlatDog

hey dude! Are you sure they are overwatered???? They look wilting just like lack of water.

Again go and touch the soil and tell me if its dry or wet!

FD

G

The top soil was dry, but the inside show sign of water. I'm going to water them tonight and see what happens. I'll let everyone know how they do.
Thanks

FlatDog

I know why's thas. Its cause this strain grows SO FAST, that it takes more water daily than a human being :p

FD

Last edited:
G

For anyone that is going to grow this strain, they do drink alot. You are right, they are dry. Water them last night and pulled one out of the pot to see how much water was in the root zone and they were dry as a bone, so they do need alot of water. I'm thinking i'm going to transplant them to hydro, since i don't have the time to water them all the time, and i can just set my timer on the table. Keep them from dieing over spring break.
Thanks everyone

G

Ok, i'm not the best person when it comes to soil. I've never done good with it, I've always had problems grow in soil. I had to trnasplant one more time. I watered and woke up and saw them doing the same, so i took them out of the soil and put them in my Ebb&Flo. They are doing alot better and are bouncing back. A couple of them still look alittle ugley, but show signs of new growth and better color. If your growing these in soil, they need alot of water and a big pot. I'm going to try these in soil again, once i got the mothers all taken care of. Thanks, everyone for your help. Sorry, you had to see me trying to kill them. All are still heathly some what and i took a few clones and should start flowering once they get alittle bit better. They are 12" or more now, so that should put them around 2-3 feet finished.
Thanks everyone
Pic

63NYCD_Come-Back.JPG

G

Sorry, been very busy. Here is a close up of one of the NYCD F2 from BOG. These were from a contest that i won. I had some problems with them in soil and had to transplant them into my Hydro clay and put them in one of my Ebb&Flo tables. They are doing well and starting to show sex. Looks to be 70/30 so far and i'm happy with the 70% females. I'll post more as they get into budding. Should see better bud sites in about two weeks. I hope everyone enjoys.
Later
63Mar_12_NYCD_F2-med.JPG

Pseudonym

Hi Billygoat, I was seed at sensicafe and won this strain too. I am a strictly dirt grower and I am gonna give these a grow as soon as my others(white widow I think) are finished flowering. Yours are looking nice, good job on recovering them. ;) What method do you use for cloning? I am going give it a try on my NYCD F2's as well.

G

Thanks, and your a lucky one also. These are normally $130 bucks seeds for the Soma F1's, but I'm sure these will be just as good as Soma's sinces BOG paired them together. As for cloning, I use the So Quick method over at OG. I've had an almost 100% root rate with this method. Plus, I use the Rapid Rooter plugs, not rockwool. This also helps out alot. Good luck on your grow,if i can help. Just shot me a PM