What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Advice on a non-composted mix?

Kit Kat

It's been quite awhile since I've done organic, as my previous situation didn't allow for space for composting and large worm bins as I was used to when building soils, so I gave coco and salts a try.

Now I'm under a deadline and recently picked up four established plants in 3 to 4 gallons of what appears to be FFOF, or something similar. With no experience in mixing the two mediums and the potential problems that could arise knowing coco's CEC quirks I'd like to do this one as organic/soil based as possible.

My issue is while I've built soil before (mostly from lurking here, thank you all for the fantastic information) I've always used worm castings, hot compost and leaf mould that I made myself, as well as let the resulting mixes sit for a month or two at a time before use with liberal applications of AACT from a 15g cone airlifter brewer designed from microbeman's site.

This time around, I don't have the option to do it properly, so I'm curious what suggestions y'all would have for a mix that can be put together and used immediately? I'm currently thinking of transplanting from the 3-4g pots into 10g smartpots using FFOF mixed with coco, top dressing with neem/karanja meal and planting white dutch clover as a mulch, but is there something else that would be useful at this stage?

Watering will be done with two blumats per pot hooked up to a pressure reducer and I was hoping, if it was necessary, to add fast-acting amendments under the drippers throughout the later stages of the grow but would like to avoid this if at all possible.

Latest posts

Latest posts